Serafima Sakhanovich | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Serafima Sakhanovich

Rhodium

On the Ice
Serafima's interview. She first came in a skating rink when she was seven. Before that, she has seen Plushenko's quads and was sure that she could do the same. It turned out that the ice is too slippery...

Rhodium

On the Ice
Serafima is going to Japan! I think it's good news - she will not have to compete with Maria.

oleada

Record Breaker
Maria is in the starting order for the Moscow Open Champs this week! So hopefully she is back ;)

Alba

Record Breaker
Interview with Serafima Sakhanovich: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...h-love-14-summer-to-autumn-2014.92797/page-14
Thanks to quiqie for the translation.

An extract:

Compared to the last year, she feels that her skating has improved, she was able to correct the jump takeoff ("e'' on the Lutz) and exits (used to bend her knee too much).

Her least favorite jump is double Axel, all others are okay.

She is very good friends with Evgenia Medvedeva, but they are rarely up to any mischief during practices, saving it for off-ice time. In her free time she likes to read and listen to the music, her favorite kind of music is rock («girls usually don't like such stuff») - AC/DC, Metallica, Scorpions, Skillet. She'd like to skate to something like that in the future, «but I think this is the music for boys».

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Interview with Serafima Sakhanovich: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...h-love-14-summer-to-autumn-2014.92797/page-14
Thanks to quiqie for the translation.

An extract:

I am not sure if the words in the brackets are Serafima's or the interviewer's, but I hope she knows that plenty of women like hard rock and metal. And I would be her fan for life if she dared to be different and skate to "boys' music." Sometimes I cringe at how old-fashioned figure skating is, when it comes to gender roles and expectations.

starlight97

Final Flight
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RzX7YGP-6EU

WOW !
Just found this. This a channel of some young adults here, who are interested in Russia and want to inform the youth about it. They usually talk about people like Putin or the war in the Ukraine and now they interviewed ( it's the one alba posted) and featured Serafima !

"Appearantly she doesn't know the words anxiety and nerves before a competition.
She also doesn't have any idol in FS. But she could soon be one herself for little ice princesses like she used to be one.
"

starlight97

Final Flight
Do you think that Serafima intended to do 2A+2T? I liked this combo in Slovenia, it matches music very well.

Yep she probably did, but got off line on the 2A (that's why she kinda made a turn on the landing) and then corrected it by doing 3Lz-2T.

Edit: Wait a minute. .. the more often I watch it... might as well have been deliberate since it looks so easy. That would be even better :laugh: What do you think?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Serafima is just amazing :bow:

I love how she sells the story. If you watch at the beginning she is distraught about her love leaving her and she looks at the ring and kind of sulks around for some time but as she eventually gets over it she becomes happy and shows it. Just watching how well she can change her range of emotions from the start to the finish so gradually and so well is great to see. She messed up the 2a and still popped out of it into a fiercely happy girl well on her way to the next thing. In this case a 3lz-2t. Just wow. I really like this program.

Rhodium

On the Ice
Yep she probably did, but got off line on the 2A (that's why she kinda made a turn on the landing) and then corrected it by doing 3Lz-2T.

Edit: Wait a minute. .. the more often I watch it... might as well have been deliberate since it looks so easy. That would be even better :laugh: What do you think?

I don't have a certain opinion, 50/50. But I hope she will keep 2A combo :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
Serafima is just amazing :bow:
I love how she sells the story. If you watch at the beginning she is distraught about her love leaving her and she looks at the ring and kind of sulks around for some time but as she eventually gets over it she becomes happy and shows it. Just watching how well she can change her range of emotions from the start to the finish so gradually and so well is great to see. She messed up the 2a and still popped out of it into a fiercely happy girl well on her way to the next thing. In this case a 3lz-2t. Just wow. I really like this program.
It looks not awkward at all.