Serafima Sakhanovich | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Serafima Sakhanovich

uhh

Medalist
But the fact that she's not on the senior team doesn't mean she can't go to senior GP, does it? As far as I understand, she's supposed to have at least one spot and she can always get another one on the Rostelecom Cup. No matter how you look at it, first experience in senior GP should be better for her than one more round in junior GP. And Russian JGP team should be okay either way, there's Tsurkaya, Sotskova, Proklova. It's a strong team.

Yes, technically it doesn't mean that she couldn't, but given her finish at Nats last year would make her eligible for the senior national team spots & she's not on the list, it suggests to me that it's been decided that she's remaining in Juniors & the federation will only be submitting her name for JGP events, not SGP.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I hope to see video soon of her training but I suspect she is still on vacation or just recently started back. I don't mind a bit if she stays in Juniors because she has a good shot at winning a JWC next year.

I saw some chatter about her and Eteri as a team with people suggesting it wasn't successful but I don't buy that. Her spins really really improved. She was travelling all over the place in the 2013-14 season. Also I think her jumps smoothed out quite a bit. There is still a little hitch at times but the overall smoothness to the jumps improved. All of this stuff adds up to greater PCS. Speaking of her jumps (and music in this case ;) ).... does anyone else think Sasha Cohen, apart from flexibility,and Sima have a similar technique?

https://youtu.be/z1gJ5H3ubfA?t=147

I definitely saw a difference between her last season and the season prior. Maybe less focus on on a graceful kind of elegance but the trade off was a more emphatic approach to her steps. I'm sure next season we'll see a third dimension emerge. Probably a bit of a hybrid. I hope her and Zhenia are still close. This sport needs to see more fun and friendship. We need more chocolate flavored pressers!

Last edited:

witcher

Match Penalty
I hope to see video soon of her training but I suspect she is still on vacation or just recently started back. I don't mind a bit if she stays in Juniors because she has a good shot at winning a JWC next year.

I saw some chatter about her and Eteri as a team with people suggesting it wasn't successful but I don't buy that. Her spins really really improved. She was travelling all over the place in the 2013-14 season. Also I think her jumps smoothed out quite a bit. There is still a little hitch at times but the overall smoothness to the jumps improved. All of this stuff adds up to greater PCS. Speaking of her jumps (and music in this case ;) ).... does anyone else think Sasha Cohen, apart from flexibility,and Sima have a similar technique?

I definitely saw a difference between her last season and the season prior. Maybe less focus on on a graceful kind of elegance but the trade off was a more emphatic approach to her steps. I'm sure next season we'll see a third dimension emerge. Probably a bit of a hybrid. I hope her and Zhenia are still close. This sport needs to see more fun and friendship. We need more chocolate flavored pressers!
That's unforgetable, I almost died with laughter at the faces Sima was making when Zhenya attacked the candies. :laugh2:
I think Sima should skate in seniors though. Her first GPs were complete knockouts and her skating is quite mature imo.

Last edited:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Will she be allowed to incorporate the quad-salchow in her programs? (I heard that she is learning it)
Well, Miki Ando landed the first (and only) quad at the Junior World Championships, so... ;)

The real question is whether Sima will feel like she needs it, if she isn't competing with the big guns in seniors. She's probably better off working on her lutz, smoothing out her landings, ect. which would be enough to (finally) win her JGPF + JW. However, if Wakaba brings 3A, Sima might go for 4S to challenge her. :popcorn:

moriel

Record Breaker
Well, Miki Ando landed the first (and only) quad at the Junior World Championships, so... ;)

The real question is whether Sima will feel like she needs it, if she isn't competing with the big guns in seniors. She's probably better off working on her lutz, smoothing out her landings, ect. which would be enough to (finally) win her JGPF + JW. However, if Wakaba brings 3A, Sima might go for 4S to challenge her. :popcorn:

And even without that, its better to have it ready and smooth for seniors if she manages it =)

Alba

Record Breaker

I totally agree with this. :thumbsup:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Always worth another watch ;)

https://youtu.be/ZSwECKfWFKs

I wonder how things are going with her training. I have a feeling there will be considerably less footage and hype now that she's not in Moscow. Including training updates.

Last edited:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am not sure why people talk about her doing 4S. I think she just needs to build on the level she set at her first JGP skate last season - it was just gorgeous...with the exception of the last spin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrRDaKJ9CMg

She said she wanted to train a 4s this off season in an interview. I myself am a bit curious as to how and if at all the progression is going.

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
- Why did you decide to stay in the juniors?
- I have not moved into the adult category for the Junior Olympics 2016! I do not want loud statements about the objectives, just try to do their job well (smiles). I will take part in the closed skating. But on the Grand Prix with the coach we have not decided yet. And, although the season starts for juniors will participate in the adult championship of Russia.

- You have changed the coach set of technical elements in the program?
- In the new season must jump from junior short program will be - with the flip of steps. Also in the short program, I have traditionally suffered all jump elements in the second part to get bonuses. In the long program two jumps left in the first half, the other five will do the second. Of the new products ... In the short program I execute rotation "tinkering." And we have a little changed arbitrary combination spin, it has become more aesthetic. Also changed Bilman to layback.

From team-russia2014.ru.