2014 GPF Barcelona website, tickets, other information | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2014 GPF Barcelona website, tickets, other information

Meoima

Match Penalty
I was just looking at the photos of the rink being contructed
Is it just me, or does the ceiling look rather low? o_O
Such that people on the back/18th row might have their heads bumping into the ceiling... and beyond?!
Unless the slope of the seating is very shallow - but it doesn't look that way (and that would introduce "nice view of back of person in front's head" issues of its own...)
Hopefully it is just an illusion...! :-D
you will be there, right, full events?

Poice

Final Flight

Such that people on the back/18th row might have their heads bumping into the ceiling... and beyond?!

Unless the slope of the seating is very shallow - but it doesn't look that way (and that would introduce "nice view of back of person in front's head" issues of its own...)

Please no...I have tickets in last row.... :p

FS_rrb

On the Ice

I thought the same at first (I'm from Barcelona and I had already seen photos of the CCIB before), but now the height looks ok to me. I guess we are so used to seeing big arenas such as the Paris Bercy that now the "Sala Polivalent" looks small in comparison. As seen in day 3 photos, the height is enough to allow 18 rows of seats, and the tribune slope seems reasonable too. It's 11-12 m high, which is not that low (it's like a 3 stories/levels building, isn't it?).

Poice

Final Flight
To be honest when I bought my tickets (last row) I was like - ,,What a shame, I'm going to see only some small, colourful dots on ice (aka skaters)" :drama: But on photos this arena looks quite small so I assume it wont be that bad
:)

Last edited:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker

Aha! Yes, I hadn't seen the day 3 photos - it's looking good!

Seems like even the back row will have a good view, it's not "far" from the rink (at least, compared to the stratospheric seats at some Japanese arenas!)

I note that those inclined to bring large banners to hang around the arena might be disappointed... it looks like there may not be anywhere to put them. (Organisers seem to be cracking down these days, on banners over the front barriers). Personally, I think that's a good thing - I am of the view that people should only bring stuff they can hold and wave from their seats, and only do so at the appropriate time. "Bah, Humbug" etc

But maybe on the walls behind the back rows?

Last edited:

Upnights

On the Ice
It's the front row that is a big problem. There is a high, thick-barred barrier that badly obstructs the view. I assumed that it was temporary, but according to a Facebook response to another anxious front-row ticket holder, the barrier will remain. The front row seats were not sold as obstructed view. My ticket actually says Visibilidad Buena. I am livid. I have written to the GPF Facebook & the website contact that they must fix this or the event will be spoiled for all the fans that bought their first-row seats in good faith.

FS_rrb

On the Ice
It's the front row that is a big problem. There is a high, thick-barred barrier that badly obstructs the view. I assumed that it was temporary, but according to a Facebook response to another anxious front-row ticket holder, the barrier will remain. The front row seats were not sold as obstructed view. My ticket actually says Visibilidad Buena. I am livid. I have written to the GPF Facebook & the website contact that they must fix this or the event will be spoiled for all the fans that bought their first-row seats in good faith.

Let's see if they they can fix this somehow. I don't have tickets in front row but it would be extremely unfair for those who have paid the price of those seats (which are the most expensive ones, I believe) to have obstructed views. I'm sure they will try to do something...hope they can find a solution to this inconvenience...

Something similar occurs at Bercy, I believe. If seats were slightly higher I think the problem would be solved. It's obvious that a front barrier is necessary, otherwise it would be very dangerous, but then they shouldn't have placed the front rows at the same level. I suppose they hadn't taken this inconvenience into account, since the whole thing is a temporary structure.

Last edited:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm guessing the front row seats are high enough to easily look over the barrier; I haven't seen any pics indicating otherwise, but if there are, would like to see them.

Also, am I right in assuming the rows with the VIP seats and the judges seats will be placed *before* the barrier?

Upnights

On the Ice
Look at the photos on the GPF Facebook. The barrier might even obstruct the view of the 2nd-row seats. It's ludicrous. I've never been at a rink where the barrier is so high. They need to find a way to fix this!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Upnights, you're right. Also the fences are covered with banners, so fans at 1-2 rows won't be able to see anything :disapp:
(There are 18 rows at this part of the venue, but only 16 are visible on the photos)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1519974564937621.1073741837.1418861008382311&type=1

I think it would be reasonable to contact ISU directly and inform them on the matter.
http://www.isu.org/en/contact-us
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse than TEB, with their dirty great TV camera obstructing the view for the front 2-3 rows... here comes the GPF arena -_-

I have sent my message to the ISU...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Look at the photos on the GPF Facebook. The barrier might even obstruct the view of the 2nd-row seats. It's ludicrous. I've never been at a rink where the barrier is so high. They need to find a way to fix this!
I see what you mean. It's a bit difficult to tell from these angles, but yeah... I cannot believe they would be stupid enough to not notice this, though, if they're actually there and building it?!

cynthia24

On the Ice
I hope they will find a solution, i'm in row1!!! I'm disgusted!!! I shoulb be a party an i wil. Be a disaster if the banner will remain.hope the ISU could do something!!!!

Upnights

On the Ice
I've been trying to compare the photos with the seating chart for the narrow end of the rink (where my seat is) & it doesn't match. I hope that the Barcelona organizers will respond soon - thoroughly & satisfactorily. I've never had less than a super-fun experience at a skating competition & I'd hate for Barcelona to screw this up for fans & for itself.

Alba

Record Breaker
The ceiling as well looks so low to me.

A friend of mine wrote to them: [email protected]

This is their reply:

The engineers who design the visual tier calculated from all seats considering the location of the court, and therefore be perfectly skaters over the heads of the judges.

Best regards,

Last edited:

Upnights

On the Ice
Seeing over the judges isn't the issue. Whoever's handling communications is really falling down on the job. And the organizers should check the visibility themselves.