2014 GPF Barcelona website, tickets, other information | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 GPF Barcelona website, tickets, other information

FS_rrb

On the Ice
Even though I'm not affected by the barrier issue, I've decided to write an email in Catalan explaining the situation...let's see if they understand it more clearly. This is the first time such a figure skating event will be held in my city, and I would be very upset if a mistake like this spoils the experience to some figure skating fans attending the competition. I'll tell you if I receive any answers!

As for the ceiling, I think it's lower than we are used to...but it's 12 meters, so I don't think it will be annoying at all. The tribune fits perfectly, so I believe it's ok.

Last edited:

Camillo

On the Ice
The ceiling as well looks so low to me.

A friend of mine wrote to them: [email protected]

This is their reply:

OMG, "calculated" - does it mean with help of a software, without actual check is it comfortable enough? :hopelessness:

All four sides of the rink have very high fence, not only the judges side.
I compared the plan of CCIB with one of the photos (particularly Zona 1, Places 213-234) and put some marks.
http://imgur.com/hU0EaAb
https://proticketing.com/gpf2014barcelona/en_US/entradas/evento/1915/session/109904/step1r2

Well, people in the 2 row should be able to see something (if they are tall enough or bring cushion), but people in 1 row :disapp:

Even though I'm not affected by the barrier issue, I've decided to write an email in Catalan explaining the situation...let's see if they understand it more clearly. This is the first time such a figure skating event will be held in my city, and I would be very upset if a mistake like this spoils the experience to some figure skating fans attending the event. I'll tell you if I receive any answers!
I hope it will help :)

Last edited:

FS_rrb

On the Ice
OMG, "calculated" - does it mean with help of a software, without actual check is it comfortable enough? :hopelessness:

All four sides of the rink have very high fence, not only the judges side.
I compared the plan of CCIB with one of the photos (particularly Zona 1, Places 213-234) and put some marks.
http://imgur.com/hU0EaAb
https://proticketing.com/gpf2014barcelona/en_US/entradas/evento/1915/session/109904/step1r2

Well, people in the 2 row should be able to see something (if they are tall enough or bring cushion), but people in 1 row :disapp:

I hope it will help :)

Honestly, I think that visibility from row 2 will be ok. I think it's an illusion...look at this photo from day 3: https://www.facebook.com/gpf2014bar...861008382311/1519571858311225/?type=1&theater

It's taken from row 2. Obviously, the photographer was not seated, but it looks like visibility would still be good even if the camera had been placed in a much lower position. As for row 1, I cannot say for sure...but the situation does not seem as bad as in the photos taken from other angles.

Camillo

On the Ice
Honestly, I think that visibility from row 2 will be ok. I think it's an illusion...look at this photo from day 3: https://www.facebook.com/gpf2014bar...861008382311/1519571858311225/?type=1&theater

It's taken from row 2. Obviously, the photographer was not seated, but it looks like visibility would still be good even if the camera had been placed in a much lower position. As for row 1, I cannot say for sure...but the situation does not seem as bad as in the photos taken from other angles.

Yes, the thing is - he stands, and I doubt he's 160 cm girl like me :biggrin:
When you sit, the difference can be tremendous (I know what I'm talking about, 'cause I had an experience with bad view. However, for that event I bought the cheapest seat so I couldn't really complain)

What's troubling me, GPF organizers don't answer any questions except "The fence shall stay there". Obviously they hadn't see that coming and don't know what to do now :scowl:

FS_rrb

On the Ice
Yes, the thing is - he stands, and I doubt he's 160 cm girl like me :biggrin:
When you sit, the difference can be tremendous (I know what I'm talking about, 'cause I had an experience with bad view. However, for that event I bought the cheapest seat so I couldn't really complain)

What's troubling me, GPF organizers don't answer any questions except "The fence shall stay there". Obviously they hadn't see that coming and don't know what to do now :scowl:

Hope they can fix it, then. I guess that if visibility is indeed bad, they will try to do something. It's a provisional structure after all, they could always add something to place the seats higher or even lower the barrier. It looks like the slope of tribune is quite steep. Anyway, I'm still puzzled...I don't know why on earth they didn't see that coming. It's not like we don't organize important sports competitions here in Barcelona...this provisional structures are not rare so I believe they should have all this planned.

Alba

Record Breaker

I have no idea and the english language was not good enough to understand what they mean.
Besides, people are not all tall, like my friend for example. She did have the same problem in Zagreb Euros 2013. They had put some flower back then and she couldn't see.

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Actually, people in row 2 won't see anything, if the people in row 1 are forced to STAND in order to see over the barrier... then they will be forced to stand too... and so on... until the rioting starts...

Last edited:

Alba

Record Breaker
Actually, people in row 2 won't see anything, if the people in row 1 are forced to STAND in order to see over the barrier... then they will be forced to stand too... and so on... until the rioting starts...

That's what my friend said: I'll be fighting and start a riot if they don't fix this. :biggrin:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Good luck too you all who will attend GPF. I hope there will be peace, no riot.

FS_rrb

On the Ice
I haven't received any answer yet, unfortunately. I firmly believe that they've released what the problem is and are trying to solve it, otherwise they would have answered already. Probably, the company who built the tribune didn't plan this completely and now the organizer team is asking them to solve it. Maybe I'm too optimistic but I doubt the organizer committee would let the event start without solving this issue. I suppose the person who writes messages on facebook doesn't know much more than we do and is waiting for the organizer to say something...

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I'm having a really hard time accepting the idea that a bunch of people would build something like that and not look at the seats and go "Hey, if there is a barrier here, and I'm sitting here, my head won't reach above the barrier". I mean, really? Nobody notices that sort of thing, huh? It cannot be the first time they're building something like this, either, so... :drama:

I honestly cannot tell from the photos if you really cannot see above it or not when you're sitting there, but if you *can*, it does seem a bit strange that the organizers haven't explicitly said so to put people's fears to rest.

I won't be personally affected by this, my worries go more towards the big structures where people can leave the tribune as I'm sitting near one of them (I didn't realize at the time of booking that that is what those gaps on the seating map were), but there's very little I can do about that now, so just gonna sit back and wait and see. It's not like they can just get rid of those exits, either...

Camillo

On the Ice
I saw something like that at CoR this year. People were standing on the balcony because visibility from some seats was awful (you could see only 30-50% of the rink) :biggrin: Those who sat a bit higher weren't happy at all, 'cause their view was obstructed by the crowd on the balcony.

I honestly cannot tell from the photos if you really cannot see above it or not when you're sitting there, but if you *can*, it does seem a bit strange that the organizers haven't explicitly said so to put people's fears to rest.
Yeah, that's what I thought after reading comments at FB.

Maybe we are wrong and visibility is fine, then the best way to calm down everyone would be photos of the rink taken from the level of the eyes while sitting in the first row (and the photographer should be quite short person). Like "Here, that's what you will see in the first row".

I haven't received any answer yet, unfortunately. I firmly believe that they've released what the problem is and are trying to solve it, otherwise they would have answered already. Probably, the company who built the tribune didn't plan this completely and now the organizer team is asking them to solve it.
:yes: I hope they are working out something right now.

Richie

Rinkside
yep let's see how it will work out with the seating next week. for me Zona 4 in the corner. in Bordeaux the seating went like this: people came in for the event and once inside the hostesses accompanied everyone to his/her seat. that took some time and caused queeing, but once the separate events started you could change places as it was not completely full. even the skaters were sitting amongst the spectators. when I look at the Barca ticketing-map then there are quite still tix available so who knows one can change seat if necessary.:bow:

FS_rrb

On the Ice
I've got good news for you. I've just read on facebook that Paloma del Río (the Spanish TV skating commentator) has seated in first and second rows to see if visibility was ok and she has said that the barrier was not obstructing the views. She says there's no problem at all. Hope it helps!

Camillo

On the Ice
I've got good news for you. I've just read on facebook that Paloma del Río (the Spanish TV skating commentator) has seated in first and second rows to see if visibility was ok and she has said that the barrier was not obstructing the views. She says there's no problem at all. Hope it helps!

Great news! :yay: Thank you, FS_rrb!

FS_rrb

On the Ice
If you want more details she says, more or less: "I've tested rows one and two. Visibility is good. No problems. Don't panic".

And also: "Barriers are there, but the rink can be seen perfectly from row 1".

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Saw the message on the official facebook page, too, in three languages! They sure went out of their way to reassure people. :)

edit, this one is actually from the organisers and can be found on the Grand Prix Final Barcelona 2014 facebook page.

Last edited: