2014 GPF Barcelona website, tickets, other information | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2014 GPF Barcelona website, tickets, other information

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I've got good news for you. I've just read on facebook that Paloma del Río (the Spanish TV skating commentator) has seated in first and second rows to see if visibility was ok and she has said that the barrier was not obstructing the views. She says there's no problem at all. Hope it helps!
Thank you! I feel greatly reassured that she said that - because frankly I didn't think much of the official announcement on Farcebook ("Our engineers said it's OK". Erm, engineers?! o_O)

Alba

Record Breaker
I've got good news for you. I've just read on facebook that Paloma del Río (the Spanish TV skating commentator) has seated in first and second rows to see if visibility was ok and she has said that the barrier was not obstructing the views. She says there's no problem at all. Hope it helps!

I'm glad. :)

By the way, I love Paloma. :love:

FS_rrb

On the Ice
Thank you! I feel greatly reassured that she said that - because frankly I didn't think much of the official announcement on Farcebook ("Our engineers said it's OK". Erm, engineers?! o_O)

Yes, thanks to Paloma for her comments. I still can't figure out why they've waited so long to make that announcement...my guess is that the organizer committee was not paying much attention to the facebook page. Maybe the person who posted all those photos didn't know much about it...

Anyway, I think that they referred to engineers because the rink is a provisional structure and those who designed it calculated the slope of tribunes and height of each row so as to guarantee good visibility. I imagine the organizers supposed that it was a technical explanation that would please everyone, but what people wanted was (obviously) a more direct answer. Hope we can all enjoy the competition!

sykr

Spectator
Hi, I'm sorry if this was already answered, but I didn't see it discused. According to the ISU schedule, the junior trainings are starting at 6.30a.m. The ticket website states "Preliminary practice from 09 am to 12:30 noon" though. Do you know/think we will be able to access junior trainings as well? :confused: Thank you for any informating :)

Upnights

On the Ice
I wondered about that too, sykr. The juniors do practice on Wednesday starting at 9am. I'm going to that practice & I plan to ask at that time about getting in earlier than 9am on the following days (although I don't know if I can get up early enough to get there at 6:30am!).

You could email the GPF organizers to ask. I don't want to bother them again, since I was part of the first-row kerfuffle!

HR4

On the Ice
I have 3 tickets for preliminary practice on Saturday starting at 11am, and I cannot make it. So I am ready to give them to anyone who is interested for free. Write me in private if you can go and need a ticket

sykr

Spectator
I wondered about that too, sykr. The juniors do practice on Wednesday starting at 9am. I'm going to that practice & I plan to ask at that time about getting in earlier than 9am on the following days (although I don't know if I can get up early enough to get there at 6:30am!).

You could email the GPF organizers to ask. I don't want to bother them again, since I was part of the first-row kerfuffle!

I did send them an email yesterday, but no reply so far :( I will be gratefull if you can inform us on Wednesday. I have to admit 6.30 is really too early to realise at place we aren'allowed to enter...

Upnights

On the Ice
People protested that our tickets only gave the 9am start time, not a 2pm end time & the volunteers let us stay another hour (the senior pairs). Then, there was an announcement that we had to leave. So, sykr, I wouldn't expect they'd let us in much before 9am for the next two days. Also, note that the sun doesn't rise here until after 8am. Another note: at least for practices, when there aren't a lot of people in it, the arena is extremely cold.

Upnights

On the Ice
Actually, I just read that they relented again & let people stay for the rest of the seniors. So, who knows about going in early?

Upnights

On the Ice
I just looked at the little pamphlet they handed out & it has official practices starting at 6:30am for the next two days, with no mention of not being open to ticket-holders. But, I wouldn't risk it unless I were staying at the Princess, which I'm not.