Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 341 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Yuzuruu

the silent assassin
Medalist
I never knew Gabby was going through such a rough time :( I hope she knows that in addition to having a great, supportive team she also has a ton of loving and supporting fans :pray:
Take care of yourself Gabby, your health is more important than any title :*

PapadakisCizeron

Spectator
Already four likely confirmed pro Zhulin/Russian judges from Russia, Ukraine, Poland and Lithuania. But since it’s in Montréal, it most certainly will be pro MFD.

cuiniel

Rinkside
Last edited:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
They’re the front page story in the latest issue of Les Sportives! https://www.lessportives.fr/dans-la...eron-en-couverture-du-magazine-les-sportives/

The first part of the article is available here, starts page 20: https://en.calameo.com/read/0053431030592d02d4025?authid=qw8RdA1XS3sw

I’m going to attempt to read it, but hopefully someone far more fluent than me in French can translate some highlights for us more quickly :)

Gabriella just posted the cover on her instagram, too, with this caption:

"What if gender diversity* were part of advancing the recognition of women in sport?" "

Thank you @lessportives_off for this beautiful cover, thank you for being an active part of the advancement of women's sport and its recognition.

*I think this could also be translated as 'mixed-gender sports'.

ETA: Gabi has also posted to place her support behind Nathalie Pechalat's candidacy for President of the FFSG. Which is kind of a huge deal. All the support to her for speaking out (and I have some reservations about Pechalat but I also have some reservations about how much Peizarat and Candeloro's speaking out is motivated by old power-struggle grudges against DG, so on balance I think I'm behind Pechalat for the moment).

cuiniel

Rinkside
ETA: Gabi has also posted to place her support behind Nathalie Pechalat's candidacy for President of the FFSG. Which is kind of a huge deal. All the support to her for speaking out (and I have some reservations about Pechalat but I also have some reservations about how much Peizarat and Candeloro's speaking out is motivated by old power-struggle grudges against DG, so on balance I think I'm behind Pechalat for the moment).

I know very little about the politics of the French fed; would you mind sharing what your reservations on Pechalat are?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I know very little about the politics of the French fed; would you mind sharing what your reservations on Pechalat are?

At the moment, it's being reported that she plans to keep many of the current people in place - which would include people who have connections to DG. However, these reports don't seem to be coming from her personally, so they may be in error. I'd prefer to see more of a 'new broom sweeps clean' approach from her, that's all. That's if the FFSG gets to continue to exist at all!

I like her apparent emphasis on bringing forward the other ice sports that were neglected by DG in order to centre figure skating, though. That's something that has needed doing for a long time.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gabi is definitely back when it comes to Instagram now! She made a couple of posts about the Olympics, and I really like what she said in this one (also, the photo is gorgeous).

Roughly translated, it's this:

The Olympic Games were invented by the Greeks and then reinvented by a Frenchman. I could almost say it's a family history. So thank you to my ancestors for having created this fantastic game that lets me put on boots with knives on them, step out on frozen water, and create in a few minutes moments that contain entire lives and share them with millions of people.

And thank you to Beethoven, who two years ago offered us magnificent lessons in humanity and humility, in the importance of beauty, that we could pass on to the world.

P.S.: It's 22:22 on 20.02.2020, the last Games were 2 years ago and the next are in two more years. I like that.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
So here we are, and I can clearly and strongly trace immense disappointment.

Let's pray it still will happen in a few months' time. We need another world title this season!!

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I have felt since Europeans that I should write something to support Gaby. God knows she'll never read it, but whatever. I'm often very strong in my posts, and I fear I've written too harshly about her, clearly because I had no clue of her personal situation.

Life is weird at the moment and the world is in transition, and I hope that's she's feeling better and can find some balance again. And some joy. From time to time. I have no clue what this suspended competition does to them, but since we can't do anything about it, I hope it gives them and her more time to get back in a positive state of mind.
Europeans was lost by the smallest of margins, and they were absolutely not in their normal shape. So if only they can manage to get back on track, the title is theirs. No matter what people may say about politicking, their scores are still far above the field on any normal day.

Let's pray the virus thing rages past rather quickly so we can get back on track with stuff. We need to restore the balance of European/World titles.

Spot

On the Ice
Was anyone watching the Instagram live with Jamal Othman interviewing/chatting with Guillaume just now? I really enjoyed that, both are so lovely. And Guillaume is really thoughtful, not that I am surprised.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
No, I didn't ... can we catch it somewhere? Please ... :luv17:

Are you on Instagram, peepsquick? If you are, go to the Ice Academy of Montreal homepage and click on their icon, it's still showing the Live indicator so the recording is still up. I don't know if you can access it when not logged into the site though.

I'm about to start watching it now. :)