Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 337 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Spot

On the Ice
Yeah, the FD was great for sure!! I am glad they recovered quickly from the RD mistake, but I expected no less.

Regarding the commentary: As someone who used to watch figure skating on Eurosport for many years, I got used to watching without commentary and I much prefer it.

cuiniel

Rinkside
I enjoy this commentator for the most part, but it boggles my mind that he still can’t pronounce Guillaume’s name right - even though it’s announced and pronounced correctly every time they skate.

Bcash

Final Flight
Haha “Guillem.” He also calls Han Cong (Tsong) “Han Kong”.

The twizzles were the best I’ve seen them do this season. Guillaume really was pushing the edges in the one-foot-sequence. But I thought he slightly jumped a turn when I watched the replay. The character step remains the least convincing and my least favorite part of this program.

ragdoll

On the Ice
Cizeron is so good that I could watch him all day. A friend of mine who knows absolutely nothing about skating was watching yesterday and she said she was spellbound by him.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Haha “Guillem.” He also calls Han Cong (Tsong) “Han Kong”.

The twizzles were the best I’ve seen them do this season. Guillaume really was pushing the edges in the one-foot-sequence. But I thought he slightly jumped a turn when I watched the replay. The character step remains the least convincing and my least favorite part of this program.

The twizzles were gorgeous and ridiculously in sync.

I always think of it as Chris defaulting to the Welsh pronunciation of Guillaume's name - Gwilym - for some reason. Not sure why, as to the best of my knowledge he isn't Welsh and doesn't speak any Welsh (though my knowledge is not extensive), but it does just sound very Welsh to my ears. :)

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I enjoy this commentator for the most part, but it boggles my mind that he still can’t pronounce Guillaume’s name right - even though it’s announced and pronounced correctly every time they skate.
He should somehow be disallowed to pronounce names. I've watched all events here and he's a horror with names that are not English... :-D

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
The FD is really magical. Simply brilliant. I found it better than in Japan, even though they got a very slightly lower score. Obviously, with the changing camera work, it's difficult to compare. But my god, is this FD a miracle...

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
The worst thing that happened is that he seems to have the score details in front of him all the time, and he was totally silent on the fact that S/K got a FALL on their choreo slide??? I still don't understand one bit of why that was considered a fall instead of an element, but he could at the very least have commented something there instead of remaining silent. He was praising their skate into high heavens, predicted they would get a new season's best, and then said not one letter about it when the scores were absurdly low. I was completely flabbergasted and the only thing I could think was "What happened? Which element was scrapped?" When H/D last year had their stationary lift cancelled, we knew that almost immediately, and without a commentator! It would have been great to have gotten that info live here too, or at least a bit later in the event. He must have seen that F rather soon you would think. Gah.

Ya, that's 100% OFF TOPIC, I know I know. Humour me. Got to spout it somewhere.

peepsquick

Final Flight
:console:,my friend! Consider yourself happy to have seen the event ... I couldn't! In the US ...you have to cross your fingers and hope that NBC takes pity on you and broadcast the event (which is not the case for Ice Dance) or that you can watch a youtube video before it gets deleted. So far, no luck.

Spot

On the Ice
The twizzles were gorgeous and ridiculously in sync.

I always think of it as Chris defaulting to the Welsh pronunciation of Guillaume's name - Gwilym - for some reason. Not sure why, as to the best of my knowledge he isn't Welsh and doesn't speak any Welsh (though my knowledge is not extensive), but it does just sound very Welsh to my ears. :)

It does sound Welsh, that was my first thought too! I always think of the actor Gwilym Lee who has Welsh parents.

floatingworld

On the Ice
:luv17:mad:floatingworld! First video I get to see ... I am stoked! [emoji3]
Glad you finally got to see the performance, peepsquick! We are both in the US, but I am just a bit more fortunate that I have access to NBC Sports Gold and can watch the live streaming. Actually, the link that I posted here appeared on YouTube only a few hours after the final!

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
:console:,my friend! Consider yourself happy to have seen the event ... I couldn't! In the US ...you have to cross your fingers and hope that NBC takes pity on you and broadcast the event (which is not the case for Ice Dance) or that you can watch a youtube video before it gets deleted. So far, no luck.
You're totally right, it's a luxury problem! I'm stretching myself a bit too thin lately but I loved watching the whole 16 hours of competition!
I'm so sorry for you! Can't you solve this with a VPN?

peepsquick

Final Flight
Hello @ Gotlev! I am seriously considering a subscription to NBC Gold ... I tried the VPN for a short while (Tunnelbear) but now I'd have to commit to it. Either way, I will have to do something because this copyright war has sorely put a dent in my enjoyment of the season. NBC 's regular broadcasting doesn't even bother with Ice Dance anymore ... .
Enough whining! I do rely on and enjoy all the postings on the forum. So thank you to all of you who keep commenting and post the elusive video! :)

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Hello @ Gotlev! I am seriously considering a subscription to NBC Gold ... I tried the VPN for a short while (Tunnelbear) but now I'd have to commit to it. Either way, I will have to do something because this copyright war has sorely put a dent in my enjoyment of the season. NBC 's regular broadcasting doesn't even bother with Ice Dance anymore ... .
Enough whining! I do rely on and enjoy all the postings on the forum. So thank you to all of you who keep commenting and post the elusive video! :)
We NEED to find you a solution. The people here have always found solutions for me, so we can find something for you too. I just sent something in a pm, see if that can help?

cuiniel

Rinkside

Have you tried the Opera browser VPN? I set the VPN to Europe, works like a charm with no noticeable speed drop.