Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 317 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

synian

On the Ice
A quick question: I'm working on a transcript of the podcast interview, but it's obviously very long, so would you rather I post it in a pastebin, or should I like... octuple post it in here?

Like Harriet I would say as you prefer but in several parts would be like episodes from a film giving us some parts to discuss in order to help us waiting for their new program !! She was speaking a large range of themes so ....

Roast Toast

Medalist
Aah, it's my bad — I wrote transcript when I meant I was working on a translation. It's definitely way too long so here is a link to a pastebin (let me know if it works): https://pastebin.com/4veeFkVg

Do note that since it was very long there are probably some inaccuracies / omissions here and there. I really loved this interview so hopefully now more people can learn about Gabi!

synian

On the Ice
Aah, it's my bad — I wrote transcript when I meant I was working on a translation. It's definitely way too long so here is a link to a pastebin (let me know if it works): https://pastebin.com/4veeFkVg

Do note that since it was very long there are probably some inaccuracies / omissions here and there. I really loved this interview so hopefully now more people can learn about Gabi!

It's working very well !! Many thanks for the time you spent in this translation. Can I link this to other ice skating forum ? or do you want to do it yourself ? It is too good to not spread it !!!

Roast Toast

Medalist
It's working very well !! Many thanks for the time you spent in this translation. Can I link this to other ice skating forum ? or do you want to do it yourself ? It is too good to not spread it !!!

Sure, go ahead! I don't have an account on FSU.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Ah, that's wonderful, thank you so much! Such a great interview, they really had time to get in-depth and talk about things that media interviews usually have to gloss over. Gabi has such an interesting, considered approach to skating and life in general, it's hard to remember she's still so young...

floatingworld

On the Ice

Thanks so much for all the work!! :)

floatingworld

On the Ice
Here are some of what 'alain06fr' posted on Instagram two weeks ago:

"As revealed by IFS (Romain's interview), Gaby & Guillaume will skate their rhythmic dance on FAME. It will be fun and one will find all the codes of this musical from the 80’s.
As for their FD, well... What can I say? It's totally new. I may be wrong but I don’t remember one free dance ever designed on such concept. Gaby and Guillaume are deeply involved in all aspects of their free dance, starting by the ... soundtrack and of course the choreography, the interpretation and the costumes. This free dance is a new challenge and I personnally expect audiences from Grenoble to Turin and from Graz to Montréal to remain completely silent and mesmerized."

Needless to say, I am very intrigued!

LaArdilla

Medalist
That's some monumental work you did here, Roast Toast! The interview is so long I haven't even managed to listen to the whole thing, let alone translate it! Thanks so much!!! :thank:

ChristineChew

Rinkside
modern, artistical, silent, mesmerized, (waltz?) , staccato, soundtrack.
Some interesting clues, so eager to see what it will be.

Roast Toast

Medalist
It all sounds so vague, I'm worried that I'm projecting my expectations of what a "modern dance" program would look like for them haha

I hope it lives up to our expectations. I just want something more like Oddudua, you know?

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
it all sounds so vague, i'm worried that i'm projecting my expectations of what a "modern dance" program would look like for them haha

i hope it lives up to our expectations. i just want something more like oddudua, you know?
hell yesssssss

buchjager

Rinkside
I immediately thought it could be something like psycho or jaws. staccato, soundtrack and at the edge of being legal in terms of rhythm and melody. have to say that I highly doubt it myself. I was just guessing around and this came to my mind.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Only a week to go until the Masters de Patinage...what news will there be, how much will we get to see?

modern, artistical, silent, mesmerized, (waltz?) , staccato, soundtrack.

ChristineChew, thanks for the quote! What leapt to my mind when I saw this list was the main title theme from Picnic at Hanging Rock, which...oh, I would love it if it was, but they would probably be safer working with music like that in an exhibition.

That was something Gabriella mentioned in the podcast that Roast Toast translated, too - that they like working with music that contains a lot of silence and space. It's interesting to track that as a recurring theme in their FDs especially. And it reminds me of Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean once saying that they wanted to skate in silence or just to the sound of blades on the ice (though I don't think they were ever able to translate that to reality).

cocotaffy

Final Flight
Only a week to go until the Masters de Patinage...what news will there be, how much will we get to see?

ChristineChew, thanks for the quote! What leapt to my mind when I saw this list was the main title theme from Picnic at Hanging Rock, which...oh, I would love it if it was, but they would probably be safer working with music like that in an exhibition.

That was something Gabriella mentioned in the podcast that Roast Toast translated, too - that they like working with music that contains a lot of silence and space. It's interesting to track that as a recurring theme in their FDs especially. And it reminds me of Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean once saying that they wanted to skate in silence or just to the sound of blades on the ice (though I don't think they were ever able to translate that to reality).

Thank you for making me discover this soundtrack, mesmerizing. ı would love nothing more than them trying out something like this. If a team can play with silences it's them. Funny listening to MFD I completely missed out on the Soundtrack clue. I wouldn't have imagine them ever picking a soundtrack but I'm even more intrigued. Masters can't come soon enough now, even if we'll probably won't see anything at least we'll know the music.