Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 315 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

floatingworld

On the Ice
Unfortunately can't access his Instagram as he went private ...:(

Yes, I just realized that now. Sorry about that. The Instagram poster (alain06fr) announced an article on the incoming October issue of 'Figure Skating Magazine' entitled "Dancing to a Different Beat' by Robert Brodie. Supposedly, G/G will have a free dance this season that is "a step out of the box for them". I can't wait! I'll remove my previous post. Thanks, peepsquick!!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Supposedly, G/G will have a free dance this season that is "a step out of the box for them".

That sounds very interesting! I'm itching to find out what they're skating to for the RD, too, especially as what they'd said about it so far was basically just that they went for something fun rather than dramatic. I want to see them having fun!

ETA: Here's the IFS magazine cover listing the story about them btw.

floatingworld

On the Ice
That sounds very interesting! I'm itching to find out what they're skating to for the RD, too, especially as what they'd said about it so far was basically just that they went for something fun rather than dramatic. I want to see them having fun!

ETA: Here's the IFS magazine cover listing the story about them btw.

Thanks, Harriet!! According to alain06fr in his Instagram post, the IFS October edition will be released on September 3, ahead of the Masters de Patinage (G/G’s first competition).

floatingworld

On the Ice
It looks like fan art to me, with the costumes being from The Ice, and the poster doesn't seem to be connected to them in any way? But at the same time...Astaire-Charisse...hmmmm... :luv17:

I think you are right. There is a part of me though that wants them to do classic Broadway (a la Astaire) after all the RDs I’ve seen so far this season.

Bcash

Final Flight
Sounds like an inspired idea. But Astaire/Rogers duets are so difficult to translate to ice.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

That is lovely. Though the lack of flow in the lyrics where the music was cut makes for a disconcerting listening experience!

I should be used to the wait for programme info from these two by now, but I still find myself itching for that interview to come out on 3 September in hopes that it will provide some hints at least. :laugh: Of course it probably won't, and then we'll have to wait for the Masters de Patinage to get any information at all...six weeks, argh arg argh...

Roast Toast

Medalist
I should be used to the wait for programme info from these two by now, but I still find myself itching for that interview to come out on 3 September in hopes that it will provide some hints at least. :laugh: Of course it probably won't, and then we'll have to wait for the Masters de Patinage to get any information at all...six weeks, argh arg argh...

Do you think they'll let their programs be broadcast at Masters this year? They started training a little earlier than last year, so they might be ready, but they've also been touring a whole lot... I'm hoping we see one of them at least.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Do you think they'll let their programs be broadcast at Masters this year? They started training a little earlier than last year, so they might be ready, but they've also been touring a whole lot... I'm hoping we see one of them at least.

Who knows what DG will do when it comes to broadcasting their programs? I anticipate shenanigans, at any rate. But last year there was a website that did interviews and reporting on each day of the event, and we got some information about music etc (particularly for the RD) from there. Fingers crossed they're back this year...

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's being reported on FSU, based on an early sighting of the interview to be released on 3 September, that Gabriella and Guillaume might be using Fame for their RD. Can't confirm, because the link to the pdf in that post doesn't go anywhere, but it that's correct then I love it. 80s dance school awesomeness, legwarmers and tights here we come!

(It will not take much extra work to give Gabi 80s curls :laugh:).

ETA: The poster on FSU has updated with a quote from the article, and judging by Romain's description, it's definitely Fame. This is going to be so much fun!