Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 342 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

peepsquick

Final Flight
Thanks@Harriet but I am not on Instagram ... I could have a look at the "dance challenge" though! :love:
Maybe you can give us a tiny biddy impression of what went on in the video? Please ...:pray:

cuiniel

Rinkside
Thanks@Harriet but I am not on Instagram ... I could have a look at the "dance challenge" though! :love:
Maybe you can give us a tiny biddy impression of what went on in the video? Please ...:pray:

I took some notes while watching! A little messy in some parts, but I'm happy to clarify to the best of my ability if you have questions. It was largely Q&A; there was a lot in the beginning about how Guillaume is handling the isolation that I didn't take notes on.

Post-competitive plans?
- Go back to school for design (fashion, interior). Misses learning things, teachers, and challenging his brain.
- Skating choreographer, part-time; seminars
- Keep performing - not necessarily skating, but dancing too
- Learn the piano
- He doesn't really know :laugh:

Vision of ice dance in 10 years, 20 years?
- Ice dancers 20 years ago would never have imagined where it is now
- Hopefully it evolves in a positive way. People are scared that under ISU, pairs and ice dance could start looking alike — not a concern of his.
- More freedom, more creative. Open to possibilities, change. In ice dance, can get trapped in keeping things as they were, wanting things to stay the same.
- New ways of skating, new elements, more freedom in music choice

Words of support for LGBTQ ice dancer
- In this category, you have to be a man and a woman. It doesn’t matter who you are; your personality is always going to show up on the ice in the best, most beautiful way.
- It’s all about the program — you have to portray the role, whether it’s lover, soldier, brother. It’s acting.
- In ice dance you choose your music, you’re involved in the choreography — so that you’re not asked to do something totally out of your comfort zone.
- Tap into both feminine and masculine side to portray different characters
- When people, strangers (judges), tell you that you need to be more xyz, you need to remember that it’s not about you, it’s about the character you’re portraying

Fave item of clothing
- A leather jacket that’s the first expensive piece of clothing he bought

Fave Celine Dion song
- On ne change pas

Fave memory with Gabi
- At the end of FD at Olympics, having been through all of what happened and delivering that FD, were just so proud of each other and themselves, felt very in touch with himself then.

They had new costumes for Worlds!
- Hopefully see them in shows in the future, or at least a quick video

On the last point, ISU just announced that they're keeping the same RD for next season — so maybe we'll get to see it in competition?

peepsquick

Final Flight
Wow! Thank you @ Cuiniel for all the details! you rock!:)

I definitively want to see the new costumes for the FD, although I loved the one they already had.
They are keeping the theme for next season's RD?:reye: Has it ever happened before? Do you think that G/G will keep a maybe remodeled fame?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow! Thank you @ Cuiniel for all the details! you rock!:)

I definitively want to see the new costumes for the FD, although I loved the one they already had.
They are keeping the theme for next season's RD?:reye: Has it ever happened before? Do you think that G/G will keep a maybe remodeled fame?

Agreed, thanks so much cuiniel! Lots of little details in there that I'd forgotten. :)

I don't think the RD pattern/theme being carried over has happened before, but I understand why they'd make the choice to do it now. Everyone's losing the time they'd put into learning/refreshing the pattern and getting new choreography to rink closures and social distancing/quarantines, and even if the season starts much later than usual, that time can't be easily made up. I'd expect most skaters to keep at least one of their old programs in every discipline, especially if they hadn't had time to start working on any new ones before the pandemic was declared.

cuiniel

Rinkside
Agreed, thanks so much cuiniel! Lots of little details in there that I'd forgotten. :)

I don't think the RD pattern/theme being carried over has happened before, but I understand why they'd make the choice to do it now. Everyone's losing the time they'd put into learning/refreshing the pattern and getting new choreography to rink closures and social distancing/quarantines, and even if the season starts much later than usual, that time can't be easily made up. I'd expect most skaters to keep at least one of their old programs in every discipline, especially if they hadn't had time to start working on any new ones before the pandemic was declared.

My pleasure! I felt like such a fangirl taking notes, glad it could be of use :)

I'm certainly not bored of their RD yet, so wouldn't mind seeing it for another season, even if I was looking forward to see what they would do for folk.

cuiniel

Rinkside
Elena Ilinykh tagged Guillaume and Gabi in a Q&A story yesterday. It was in Russian, but Google translate came to the rescue: someone asked Elena who she thought was the best ice dance team currently in competition, and she replied P/C :)

Bcash

Final Flight
Jordan put his footage of G/G’s FD from last season on YouTube, in full HD. The camera angles just make their fluidity seem even more incredible.

peepsquick

Final Flight
Thank you @Spot!
I don't have a subscription, unfortunately but may be someone else does ? I'd love to read the article.

Spot

On the Ice
I managed to take screenshots from the link through Guillaume's story but I had to do it in bits as it kept hiding the article after a few seconds. I combined the images as best as possible in a pdf here https://docdro.id/RP0Frw9 . I hope it's readable because it is quite interesting...and occasionally upsetting (on Guillaume's behalf re school bullying etc.). This took a while so I hope someone else will be up for translating it, haha. But if not, I can try tomorrow.

peepsquick

Final Flight
:thank:@Spot for the screenshots! Interesting reading!
I will do a summary in English as soon as I have time .
Thanks again for sharing! :luv17: