Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 336 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
Howdo! I haven't read any of the earlier posts but I wish to just put forward here that Gabrielles and Guillaumes RD is just perfection this year. I love it. I also love their Free Dance, but as their RD never used to be their greatest asset (if certainly great at times), I'm just so pleased they really have chosen the right music for an RD to skate to this year (and yes, I loved their tango last year). It really is so different, and so much fun!

Macassar88

Medalist
Howdo! I haven't read any of the earlier posts but I wish to just put forward here that Gabrielles and Guillaumes RD is just perfection this year. I love it. I also love their Free Dance, but as their RD never used to be their greatest asset (if certainly great at times), I'm just so pleased they really have chosen the right music for an RD to skate to this year (and yes, I loved their tango last year). It really is so different, and so much fun!

I love their FD as well - have been listening to the music nonstop on youtube.

- - - Updated - - -

I love their FD as well - have been listening to the music nonstop on youtube.

Bcash

Final Flight
Oh wow. I hope those are just for practice. They look kinda cheap compared to the first version.

Fortuna

Spectator
Country
Canada
I like it. A bit less 80s cosplay, a bit more actual 80s - and a better colour match between them, too!

Plus, Guillaume has legwarmers too now. :)

I think the colours are fine and for me anyway, they now have Guillaume’s get-up exactly right. I don’t like the black top on Gaby though.

floatingworld

On the Ice
I think the colours are fine and for me anyway, they now have Guillaume’s get-up exactly right. I don’t like the black top on Gaby though.

I don’t like the black top as well. It sticks out like a sore thumb. I find it intriguing though that during the RD practice today, they were using the older RD costume. I saw this on alain06fr’s Instagram post. Sorry I could not paste the link here because the alain06fr account is private.

Spot

On the Ice
I don’t like the black top as well. It sticks out like a sore thumb. I find it intriguing though that during the RD practice today, they were using the older RD costume. I saw this on alain06fr’s Instagram post. Sorry I could not paste the link here because the alain06fr account is private.

Yeah, I thought that was interesting too!

peepsquick

Final Flight
It's ugly for sure but in no way inappropriate...
I think the 2 costumes just didn't quite mesh together and it was very distracting because of that.

Spot

On the Ice
It's always good to be reminded that they are human, haha! I do tend to forget! Anyway, no real damage done and better here than elswhere!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
It's always good to be reminded that they are human, haha! I do tend to forget! Anyway, no real damage done and better here than elswhere!

Bad luck can happen to anyone - you should have seen the unfortunate tights situation Kerry/Dodds got into in their RD at Australian Nationals a couple of days ago, and Friend/Badaoui's fall! And even such a tiny slip counts as a big error in ice dance. But apart from that one unbalanced moment it was a really good skate. The tech panel is being careful about levels, but that's the way it should be.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
It was way beyond my bedtime, and my falling asleep all the time combined with my utter dislike of most of the music might have influenced my experience. But this seemed a weird competition. Low levels, rather low scores, Chris Howarth overdoing the commentary calling everyone sensational, Gaby slipping. What was going on here??

Bcash

Final Flight
Chris was indeed pretty indiscriminate in his praise. Upon rewatching I actually thought Gabi’s stumble was bigger than I initially took it to be. She really did her best to get right back into the performance. I think if I were the judge I would have ranked them second or third, even tough the rest of the performance was pretty sharp and fine-tuned.

lupina015

Rinkside
I was happy they had Chris Howarth commentating - I always loved his commentation on B.ESP and was very sad they lost the rights for broadcasting. He was always such a calm and collected commentator but this time, it was like he was commenting a football match. A bit odd, I must say.
How much points did the stumble cost them?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Gorgeous performance in the FD this morning. It's just gelling so well now, you can't separate out the elements because the flow from one to the next is seamless.

Good camerawork today too. :)