Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
really glad they are back on track - it will be a pleasure to see them even in only 1 competition this season (but I count for more secretly...).

Guillaume is a born dancer indeed - the quality of movement, musicality and way of self-presence are all there.

Wish Gabriella good and speedy recovery, without pushing things too much - I'd rather see them in top form next and Olympic season then (man, time passes so fast...) than struggling now which would for sure has an impact for their future.

All who will be in person at French Masters and will see Gabriella and Guillaume live (if they'll be there competing) - cheer loudly from their Polish fan (as me)!!!:cheer:

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
All who will be in person at French Masters and will see Gabriella and Guillaume live (if they'll be there competing) - cheer loudly from their Polish fan (as me)!!!:cheer:

Count me as another one :biggrin:
If they want to compete at Euros and Worlds they need to get minimum TES, right? Where can they still do that?

Pika

Final Flight
I was about to post it, thank you TheGrandSophy :)

Can't do a full translation but here are a few things said in this report:
-Gabriella puts things into perspective, saying that they will have to overcome obstacles throughout their carrier and they have to deal with it
-Guillaume was kind of surprised that they managed to catch back after Gabriella's concussion, and reach this level of preparation, with the lack of time and difficult circumstances
-Haguenauer talks about the emulation with the other pairs
-They explain that they don't want to live together, since they already spend the whole day together
-Guillaume designed their costumes for this season
-Gabriella talks about the new FD as the history they have together, the carrier they are building, enjoying every moment. Guillaume assimilates the ice to their home, where they build something together since 11 years.

robredo40

On the Ice
some of the moves in their new fd look suspiciously similiar to Weaver and Poje the two legs extended taken from their Vivaldi fd.

Pika

Final Flight
some of the moves in their new fd look suspiciously similiar to Weaver and Poje the two legs extended taken from their Vivaldi fd.

Do you seriously think they watched at Weaver/Poje dances, looking for inspiration and said "oh that's nice let's do the same thing" ? C'mon they showed they don't need this to win.

Last edited:

andromache

Record Breaker
Love these two so much, and those few glances of the FD look promising! I'm totally expecting them to be even more gorgeous than last year.

Pika

Final Flight
SD Friday, 18th at 12:30 PM
FD Saturday, 19th at 3:45 PM
Exhibition Saturday 19th at 8:30 PM

Hope we will have videos

Last edited:

oat

On the Ice
Love these two so much, and those few glances of the FD look promising! I'm totally expecting them to be even more gorgeous than last year.
For me
My top 6 ice dance : bolero Dean & Torvill / missing 1 duchesnay / carmina burana Peizerat Anissina / Memorial Grishuk & Platov / air Bach Ponomarenko Klimova / Mozart papadakis & Cizeron.
So I think it will be difficult to surpass this masterpiece.
Morevover, their training was too disturbed.
I'm curious to know the top 6 from people here ;)

They radiate a kind of thing but what thing :confused:
I don't know what is it It's hard to describe but i find them magical even if there are only 40 secondes :luv17: .

Last edited:

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
They radiate a kind of thing but what thing :confused:
I don't know what is it It's hard to describe but i find them magical even if there are only 40 secondes :luv17: .

I do know what you mean.I think it's the way they move together on the ice.Cizeron particularly is very flexible and strong.The Eurosport guys mentioned this.They compared the same strengths with Dean and Moir.:)
I am excited but nervous for them at the same time.Everyone knows about Gabriella's injury but still will be expecting great things.It's easy at the top but harder to stay there.Good luck to them both.

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
I do know what you mean.I think it's the way they move together on the ice.Cizeron particularly is very flexible and strong.The Eurosport guys mentioned this.They compared the same strengths with Dean and Moir.:)
I am excited but nervous for them at the same time.Everyone knows about Gabriella's injury but still will be expecting great things.It's easy at the top but harder to stay there.Good luck to them both.
Indeed, there's no reason not to be, at least, a tad worried. At the same time, Guillaume said he was surprised how they fell back into routine and manage to catch up despite the lack of time. Not saying that they're fully ready, but it's a good sign. I honestly doubt that the Nationals title will escape them. The next big challenge will be Euros, for sure. That's when we'll start to see if it has been enough.
But let's not worry about it for now. Now, let's wait and see how the Nationals will go. To be honest, I have a good feeling about it. :)

anyanka

Record Breaker
For me
My top 6 ice dance : bolero Dean & Torvill / missing 1 duchesnay / carmina burana Peizerat Anissina / Memorial Grishuk & Platov / air Bach Ponomarenko Klimova / Mozart papadakis & Cizeron.
So I think it will be difficult to surpass this masterpiece.
Morevover, their training was too disturbed.
I'm curious to know the top 6 from people here ;)

Purely for me they are in no particular order: Torvill & Dean (Bolero); Virtue & Moir (Mahler); Davis & White (Scheherazade); Klimova & Ponomarenko (Bach); Anissina & Peizerat (Beethoven's Last Night); and Papadakis & Cizeron (Mozart). I see we have some overlap including that glorious masterwork last year, these are great choices!