Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 307 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Yesterday was indeed their best RD/SD ever, I feel that also. It was so inspiring, so totally dominating and completely exhilaratingly on top of it all.
With their performance yesterday, they proved they now finally have 'cracked' the RD code: they look now as if they're almost asking for another challenge: just throw whatever you want at us, give it your best shot, and we'll still play with it and make something out of it that is totally us and will blow your mind!

It was so masterful, so totally 'owned', and it was an RD!
While today, I felt that it was not that. It was obviously absolutely great and beautiful, and I really love Gaby's acting, which was really really great today, but for me, somehow, it wasn't 'take THIS'. While the program could absolutely be like "HERE, take thàt, ha!"

And I really was disappointed with those two arms. The narrative statement of his two arms off while she clings to him is so strong, while like this, it feels like a very lukewarm compromise between some safety, the element, and the story-line. Bleh. They did it in France, so it's not as if it's physically impossible. For me, the compromise is not acceptable, as the loss is not worth the gain.

What did I eat today? I better go work a bit or so. Just shut up, Gotlev. It's OK.

Great of course that they got the title. But unless they really stop being who they are, that's a given.

And btw: I absolutely found this to be a season to remember. Loads of great programs, really really enjoyable competitions.
Podiums too small, that's the only down side. First ten couples deserve medals.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
4th title, so happy for them. I need to rewatch because as always I'm so stressed I can't appreciate fully live. Waiting for the press conference here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQxrAF4RWvA
Funny kind of press conference... The competition stream cut in the middle of the Marseillaise (can't blame them :p), did something happen to GG that I missed?

Edit: and here they are, seem all in one piece :-D

peepsquick

Final Flight
The last part of the steps ... you could hear the wonderful sound of the blades "scraping" the ice in a very definite pattern. I loved it!

Bcash

Final Flight
Yesterday was indeed their best RD/SD ever, I feel that also. It was so inspiring, so totally dominating and completely exhilaratingly on top of it all.
With their performance yesterday, they proved they now finally have 'cracked' the RD code: they look now as if they're almost asking for another challenge: just throw whatever you want at us, give it your best shot, and we'll still play with it and make something out of it that is totally us and will blow your mind!

It was so masterful, so totally 'owned', and it was an RD!
While today, I felt that it was not that. It was obviously absolutely great and beautiful, and I really love Gaby's acting, which was really really great today, but for me, somehow, it wasn't 'take THIS'. While the program could absolutely be like "HERE, take thàt, ha!"

And I really was disappointed with those two arms. The narrative statement of his two arms off while she clings to him is so strong, while like this, it feels like a very lukewarm compromise between some safety, the element, and the story-line. Bleh. They did it in France, so it's not as if it's physically impossible. For me, the compromise is not acceptable, as the loss is not worth the gain.

What did I eat today? I better go work a bit or so. Just shut up, Gotlev. It's OK.

Great of course that they got the title. But unless they really stop being who they are, that's a given.

And btw: I absolutely found this to be a season to remember. Loads of great programs, really really enjoyable competitions.
Podiums too small, that's the only down side. First ten couples deserve medals.

I never felt this would be near the top of the list when we compile their top ten programs years down the road. Music just too weak. But overall coherence is great. Yeah I would have liked that they kept some of the initial moves, like that supported lean during sets of twizzles and no-arm rotational lift. The little jump leading into the diagonal. As to the performance today, yes the choreo lift at the end was slower than previous outings.

Roast Toast

Medalist
Is it the first time they've changed both programs so significantly for worlds? The diagonal was completely different here and I loved the new version so so much. Much better amplitude, ice coverage, more original movement. I like the little touches they added here and there (like here) as precursors to the character step which is really the heart of this program imo. Made the whole dance more tonally coherent and generally made the transition smoother.

Agreed the RoLi should have been a "look ma, no hands!" moment, in spite of the scare in practice at Euros, but I liked the new version of the StaLi. Very smooth and pretty. And boy did they skate fast in this, just flying around the rink. Overall I am a happy camper. :biggrin:

I never felt this would be near the top of the list when we compile their top ten programs years down the road. Music just too weak.

We should do a ranking during the off season. Should be fun! :) I wonder if I would put MS or Oddudua in first?

Maybeyesmaybeno

Rinkside
I never felt this would be near the top of the list when we compile their top ten programs years down the road. Music just too weak. But overall coherence is great. Yeah I would have liked that they kept some of the initial moves, like that supported lean during sets of twizzles and no-arm rotational lift. The little jump leading into the diagonal. As to the performance today, yes the choreo lift at the end was slower than previous outings.
+1 except I was not so found of this jump but...
The final choreo lift is slower but they have added something: Gabriella opens her arm over the head and join Guillaume’s arm.
The inititial stationary lift is now effortless which was not the case in the previous version.
The step sequence in the slow part before the spin, is much more diverse and richer than it was which now makes the slow part as exciting as the fast, annoyed part, IMO.

GGFan

Record Breaker
I just wanted to give Gaby her props for that free dance!! From 2015 to now: she's become a star. I so admire her hard work despite so much attention being on Guillaume (who I'm in love with of course). :bow:

Bcash

Final Flight
They changed the music timing a little but I can't immediately tell where. The most obvious evidence is that the rotational lift used to come after a pause in the singing and with the line "I hear your voice". Now it came after this line.

Bcash

Final Flight
After watching the FD on a full screen, I appreciate this performance more. Some of the details and their commitment to the material are affecting and convincing.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Wow, thanks so much for posting this! How cool to see some behind the scenes action.

And there are some lovely elements in there that I hope we'll see going forward - the spin with Guillaume in camel position and Gabi crouching looks fantastic.