Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 308 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Bcash

Final Flight
I find it interesting how the male commentator (a former skater whose name eludes me right now... Kirk or Kurt something, is it?) casts a shade or two (e.g., his comment about the stationary lift at the beginning).

Carol Lane can be worse. The CBC commentators tend to stick to a formulaic view of some skaters and particularly P/C. The line about how Gabi learned to be a perfect partner for Guillaume is eyeroll-worthy when clearly Gabi brings the emotional soul into their programs more and more. The Olympic Channel has broadcast the Rd and FD but I missed it on TV. Hopefully we'll hear more from Agosto and Belbin-White.

floatingworld

On the Ice
Carol Lane can be worse. The CBC commentators tend to stick to a formulaic view of some skaters and particularly P/C. The line about how Gabi learned to be a perfect partner for Guillaume is eyeroll-worthy when clearly Gabi brings the emotional soul into their programs more and more. The Olympic Channel has broadcast the Rd and FD but I missed it on TV. Hopefully we'll hear more from Agosto and Belbin-White.
Yes, I've been longing to hear Agosto's and Belbin-White's commentaries.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
And the ones I bookmarked are now being deleted on YouTube.

You need to download them from youtube as soon as they it the web. The program Ummi is free and so easy to use, it's great to download anything from youtube.

ETA: you can also register to a great website that has only Figure Skating videos. I could finally download the NBC version of the RD and FD with Tanith commentaries. Totally worth it. http://www.fsvids.net/
You just need to send an email and it is free. They do accept donations though.

floatingworld

On the Ice
You need to download them from youtube as soon as they it the web. The program Ummi is free and so easy to use, it's great to download anything from youtube.

ETA: you can also register to a great website that has only Figure Skating videos. I could finally download the NBC version of the RD and FD with Tanith commentaries. Totally worth it. http://www.fsvids.net/
You just need to send an email and it is free. They do accept donations though.
Thanks so much!! I will check out the FSVids.net. It sounds interesting and promising. I do use the '4K Video Downloader' to download GG's videos on my desktop computer. It is also free and very easy to use. However, on my iPad I end up bookmarking because I don't have enough memory to store the videos. I am really curious about Tanith's commentaries. Thanks again!

Bcash

Final Flight
Thanks so much!! I will check out the FSVids.net. It sounds interesting and promising. I do use the '4K Video Downloader' to download GG's videos on my desktop computer. It is also free and very easy to use. However, on my iPad I end up bookmarking because I don't have enough memory to store the videos. I am really curious about Tanith's commentaries. Thanks again!
I caught their FD on Olympic Channel and Belbin was gushing about them as expected. Everything you could want from an ice dance team etc. Terry Gannon too (Lol).

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
The OnIcePerspectives guy was up in Montreal over the weekend, and made a gorgeous video of the choreo slide and ending of their FD: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bvu7pPNn7i7/

What I wouldn't give for him to film the entire FD... (except money, LOL, I'm saving to get to Euros next year).

cocotaffy

Final Flight
That clip is even better than the 4 min video he posted last week. With the FD music, it is mesmerizing. Boy aren't they charismatic and beautiful to watch ! I can watch this all day and he mentioned he didn't fasten the pace because that rotational is so fast someone in the commentaries said " nice work on the slowing down and accelerating" to which Oniceperspectives said "no acceleration, this is their speed".
I too wish he would shot their all FD while on ice to get a better sense of their speed, and the RD while we're at it. His video had a lot of views on youtube, Gaby and Guillaume are good publicity for him.

floatingworld

On the Ice
That clip is even better than the 4 min video he posted last week. With the FD music, it is mesmerizing. Boy aren't they charismatic and beautiful to watch ! I can watch this all day and he mentioned he didn't fasten the pace because that rotational is so fast someone in the commentaries said " nice work on the slowing down and accelerating" to which Oniceperspectives said "no acceleration, this is their speed".
I too wish he would shot their all FD while on ice to get a better sense of their speed, and the RD while we're at it. His video had a lot of views on youtube, Gaby and Guillaume are good publicity for him.
Jordan also adds in that thread that it is the fastest dance spin he has ever filmed!

floatingworld

On the Ice
I caught their FD on Olympic Channel and Belbin was gushing about them as expected. Everything you could want from an ice dance team etc. Terry Gannon too (Lol).
I subscribe to NBC Sports (used to be NBC Gold) and get all the ISU competition videos without commentaries. I wonder if one gets as much figure skating videos on the Olympic Channel. I know they only feature select performances to broadcast on NBC (with the commentaries) -- mostly of the US skaters and the winners. Are these the same ones you can find on Olympic Channel? Do they show entire competitions?

Bcash

Final Flight
I subscribe to NBC Sports (used to be NBC Gold) and get all the ISU competition videos without commentaries. I wonder if one gets as much figure skating videos on the Olympic Channel. I know they only feature select performances to broadcast on NBC (with the commentaries) -- mostly of the US skaters and the winners. Are these the same ones you can find on Olympic Channel? Do they show entire competitions?

Olympic Channel never broadcast Skating event live. There’s always about a week’s delay. I think they show the last three or two groups of each discipline.