Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 309 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

LaArdilla

Medalist
Interesting! One of the coaches or one of the choreographers? Sorry, didn’t have time to click on the link you have provided.

floatingworld

On the Ice
Interesting! One of the coaches or one of the choreographers? Sorry, didn’t have time to click on the link you have provided.
Here are the quotes from the interview:

FSO: Who is going to be in the coaching team?

RG: Marie-France Dubreuil and Guillaume Cizeron. I think he’s a genius; he and Marie-France will be doing their programs so we’ll see something different. They will go once a week to train with the ice dancers. The coaching team is me, Bruno, Sylvie Fullum to clean their programs — she used to teach to Patrice and Marie-France — and then Marlène Picard and Yvan Desjardins who are, to me, two of the best single coaches we have in Canada.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Here are the quotes from the interview:

FSO: Who is going to be in the coaching team?

RG: Marie-France Dubreuil and Guillaume Cizeron. I think he’s a genius; he and Marie-France will be doing their programs so we’ll see something different. They will go once a week to train with the ice dancers. The coaching team is me, Bruno, Sylvie Fullum to clean their programs — she used to teach to Patrice and Marie-France — and then Marlène Picard and Yvan Desjardins who are, to me, two of the best single coaches we have in Canada.

So between them Guillaume and Marie-France are doing choreography plus some skating skills and performance coaching, is what I'm getting. That's a nice extension for Guillaume - choreography seems to be something that really interests him so getting all the experience he can while he's still competing will set him up well for years to come. :)

floatingworld

On the Ice
So between them Guillaume and Marie-France are doing choreography plus some skating skills and performance coaching, is what I'm getting. That's a nice extension for Guillaume - choreography seems to be something that really interests him so getting all the experience he can while he's still competing will set him up well for years to come. :)
Yes, sounds like that is what they will be doing. Great investment for Guillaume, indeed. I hope it doesn't get in the way of their own preparations for the incoming competition season though. I suspect, however, that this experience will also broaden and inform their performances.

LaArdilla

Medalist
At least they will be training in Montreal, so they will have it easier with touch-ups than James/Cipres who live in Florida.

Bcash

Final Flight
Everybody seen the beautiful pics that Oniceperspectives guy posted? Those lean on the edges and body positions and faces!

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I don't know if this has been postet yet.
It is in french, I don't understand anything, but I laughed anyway :biggrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYJKsCaGUxE

GP:The shiny white pant, now that was great !
Lycra, glitter in our hair, such a great idea look wise! I think it'll make a come back at the Olympics.
GC: Compulsory Dances is so boring !
GP the worst is we're still doing it
GC: It's boring to watch, even when it's me in the video, I'm bored
GP: Oh the entrance on the ice is magical.
GC: We look like two gangly people. Papadanadakis, it's us ( that is my personal fav, Papadanadakis oh Guillaume :rofl:)
GP: It's me Papadanakis ! I'm about to fall right at the start. It's cute, but I forgot how elaborate the choreography were for kids.
GC: wow nice lift ! Such a graceful and subtle landing (obviously ironic here)
GP: with the entrance in the spin, I wonder how we could even spin.
GC: It looks like I'm skating with my little sister. We should do an hommage and reuse the same costumes.
GP: What on earth was this music ?
GC: However, it's funny because we can still recognize ourselves as skaters, we have the same .... like we recognize someone thanks to his mimics. We have the same .... well we haven't changed.

Spot

On the Ice
I woke up early and watched...but didn't actually see a lot since the ISU livestream decided it was abstract art for the second group, haha! Still worth it though. I hope I see more of the FD however :DD.

floatingworld

On the Ice
I woke up early and watched...but didn't actually see a lot since the ISU livestream decided it was abstract art for the second group, haha! Still worth it though. I hope I see more of the FD however :DD.
I just saw them on NBC Sports Gold at around 2 am here. Excellent as usual. Forgot the exact score. 87 something, and they are in first place. 2.8 points ahead of Victoria/Nikita.

Spot

On the Ice
I just saw them on NBC Sports Gold at around 2 am here. Excellent as usual. Forgot the exact score. 87 something, and they are in first place. 2.8 points ahead of Victoria/Nikita.

Thanks :). Excellent. Yeah, I saw the score and everything, it's just their actual movements were followed by a shadow of pixels or something so they were difficult to see clearly but it wasn't cutting up.

buchjager

Rinkside
quite good, but not the level they had at worlds imho. Guillaume had a balance check in the third set of the twizzles and they got a call for the step sequence (i could´t see clearly why I think Guillaume said he had a problem if I overheard it rightly at the K&C), . he looked quite pissed at the end of the RD, a little disappointed....