Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 312 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

susanf

Rinkside
It's a very bold interview. I'm happy to read that they felt the support of their entire coaching team and that they are moving on healthily. Gabi describing the dress mishap as traumatic is depressing. She always seemed to brush it off in interviews since then. Anyone who thought they didn't see it as the thing that prevented them from getting the gold was kidding themselves -- it's the most natural human reaction. "This one thing outside of our control messing up at the worst possible moment" is every Olympic athlete's worst nightmare, not "maybe not doing the team event lost us some momentum".

But you see, the issue with the costume WAS under their/her control. Wasn't there an issue with it earlier in the season? It was her dress, her responsibility to make certain that everything on it/with it was perfect. It's a very hard lesson to learn, but it was not out of her control. It was the Olympics! Why didn't she check and double check and triple check everything having to do with that dress?

1904sk8

On the Ice
But you see, the issue with the costume WAS under their/her control. Wasn't there an issue with it earlier in the season? It was her dress, her responsibility to make certain that everything on it/with it was perfect. It's a very hard lesson to learn, but it was not out of her control. It was the Olympics! Why didn't she check and double check and triple check everything having to do with that dress?

Yes the costume broke in practice at some point so they began to sew the dress shut, there is not much more they could do. It was unfortunate that it got caught right at the beginning of the program. She was obviously traumatized (rightfully so) and nothing about how she could have done more to prevent it will take away from that trauma. I am sure if they could go back in time they would change it, but sadly they can't. They have said that they learned from the experience. I don't see what blaming it on her a year later would do. They never blamed the coaches or anyone else for the dress malfunction, they just said how upset they were that something so trivial as a costume ended up ruining their olympic experience and years of hard work on the ice.

Bcash

Final Flight

They quadruple checked it.

Eleanor

On the Ice

Don't forget that a third person sew the costume for her. They knew and they trusted someone of their team to take care of the problem (which is understandable. Guillaume is, afterall, also on the ice and needs to be entirely focused on the program and not on sewing Gabby's costume).
The less responsible perso is actually Gabby. She could not see the back of the costume while wearing it :jaw:. She always had to listen and trust everyone around her. So if you want to really blame someone, blame them.

Escarbille

On the Ice
Country
France
The two participations of Gabriella and Guillaume at Stars On Ice 2019, in Ottawa and Laval, are now over ... and still no videos on You tube :sad46:
I hope they'll be out one day because I can't wait to see G & G again, in their Tango this year (with the green dress for Gaby :luv17:), and their new piece of exibition.

floatingworld

On the Ice
Love the coments people made on that Instagram post. Speaking of Instagram, I know how to post a link to someone's Instagram post but not to the person's Instagram story, but yesterday Guillaume had an Instagram story with a recent picture of himself and his sister. She is also very good-looking. Great facial bone structure. Guillaume said something like "doesn't she look like me?"

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I don't know how to link to an instagram story either - and people who aren't logged in can't even access them, which isn't helpful! But fortunately there's a Tumblr account (papciz-gram.tumblr.com) dedicated to capturing all their posts and stories, and that one's already up: https://papciz-gram.tumblr.com/post/185149229325/25052019-from-guillaume-cizerons-instagram

Guillaume and his sister do look rather alike indeed!

ETA: By the way, they're now in Edinburgh, Scotland, gearing up for the first Ice+Dance seminars with Lewis Gibson and posting instagram stories of bagpipers. I'm turning the sound down on my phone asap! :laugh:

floatingworld

On the Ice
I don't know how to link to an instagram story either - and people who aren't logged in can't even access them, which isn't helpful! But fortunately there's a Tumblr account (papciz-gram.tumblr.com) dedicated to capturing all their posts and stories, and that one's already up: https://papciz-gram.tumblr.com/post/185149229325/25052019-from-guillaume-cizerons-instagram

Guillaume and his sister do look rather alike indeed!

ETA: By the way, they're now in Edinburgh, Scotland, gearing up for the first Ice+Dance seminars with Lewis Gibson and posting instagram stories of bagpipers. I'm turning the sound down on my phone asap! [emoji23]
Excellent!! Thanks for this source, Harriet! I'll check it more often now. :)