Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 318 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Roast Toast

Medalist
And it reminds me of Jayne Torvill and Christopher Dean once saying that they wanted to skate in silence or just to the sound of blades on the ice (though I don't think they were ever able to translate that to reality).

Well, there is their Oscar Tango, of course:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X134rL2NNjM

I don't dare think we'll see anything at Masters, maybe one program? It'll be nice already to know the free music and the cuts for the short.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
"soundtrack" ... movie?
Isn't this a word that Gadbois uses for the 'bande sonore', the music they use? I'm quite certain I have heard them use that term simply to refer to the track they use to skate on. It's always an edited track, never the full original version of whatever music they use. That's why it's a logical word to use in this context.

yuna13

On the Ice
Well, we only have to wait 7 days to know their fd music. :dance3:

We don't know if they will show gabriella and guillaume programs :)pray:) in the livestream but we will have photos, probably some footage on "tout le sport" and perhaps an article in l'équipe.:)

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
For those who have access to the competition forums, I've created a thread for the Masters de Patinage here. It starts on Thursday 26 September!

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
And we're supposed to get a streaming here. Let's see! Since they are way more prepared this time, I still have hopes we get to see something.

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
FFSG has a Facebook page. I hope they stream the competition live there.

That wasn't the world's most successful enterprise last year, and there's nothing about it on the page this year, but it would better than nothing for sure. :)

Bcash

Final Flight
And we're supposed to get a streaming here. Let's see! Since they are way more prepared this time, I still have hopes we get to see something.

The photo of GG in the opening of their Tango on that page is fabulous. The eyes. the hair, the positions.

floatingworld

On the Ice
Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

In that case I'm screwed too...

Looks like it is not geo-blocked here in the US. I hope they don’t cut off G/G’s performance when it’s their turn though. They are showing the junior ladies now.

Bcash

Final Flight
I found out I can watch the live stream channel with VPN set to France. Hopefully they won't block out GG's programs.

Roast Toast

Medalist
https://www.google.fr/amp/s/www.cha...oetique-et-gestuelle-contemporaine_676717.amp

Free Dance: "Find me" of Forest Blakk, mixed with a piece from the Irish composer Olafur Arnalds.

The dude's voice is unremarkable, but the poem itself is very them imo. A nice find. "That somehow three beams and an imaginary / line drawn across some old aching floorboards / Were all that stood between you and the infinite silence / Of the very things that once colored your mind with sound" especially resonates with Gaby's comments on their affinity to silence in the podcast interview.

And the overall theme is very much the same driving force behind their important FDs — melancholy, longing, the idea of something just out of reach, indefinable, that somehow becomes your "home".

"I remember now / This was where I first found you / And beyond those closed doors / I will find you again"

Very lovely. I believe Olafur Arnalds is the composer of "Happiness does not wait" (so many parallels to Oddudua! maybe that pic Gabi posted wasn't a coincidence after all!), so we could try to guess what piece they are using!