Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 319 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia

Spot

On the Ice
Oooooh!!! I really am looking forward to that FD...very intrigued about the music choice/combination!

floatingworld

On the Ice
The music choices require very good audio projection. I wonder if it will translate well in the FFSG online live-stream on Saturday.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
Whatever music they took, I'm already so thrilled and certain this will be the best program they did so far. I'm so so so so so so so thankful that they took up the thread of Oddudua again.

yuna13

On the Ice
l'équipe article : https://www.lequipe.fr/Patinage-art...nouveaux-programmes-a-villard-de-lans/1063330

RD:
they are using 2 musics. The first is the "warm up" music from the tv show (i don't what it is), then the famous piece. It's fun, the beginning of the dance is going to surprise us.
The costumes aren't ready :"le fluo attendra un peu".

FD:
Guillaume found 2 pieces from one album of olafur arnald. The movements are on the lyrics not the melody.
Samuel chouinard also work with them.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
The dude's voice is unremarkable, but the poem itself is very them imo. A nice find. "That somehow three beams and an imaginary / line drawn across some old aching floorboards / Were all that stood between you and the infinite silence / Of the very things that once colored your mind with sound" especially resonates with Gaby's comments on their affinity to silence in the podcast interview.

And the overall theme is very much the same driving force behind their important FDs — melancholy, longing, the idea of something just out of reach, indefinable, that somehow becomes your "home".

"I remember now / This was where I first found you / And beyond those closed doors / I will find you again"

Very lovely. I believe Olafur Arnalds is the composer of "Happiness does not wait" (so many parallels to Oddudua! maybe that pic Gabi posted wasn't a coincidence after all!), so we could try to guess what piece they are using!
The poem is indeed very beautiful. The sound underneath it also, and Olafur makes also beautiful music.
Goodness me, I can't wait until tomorrow. This is going to be such a hit. No matter what they do, it can only be fabulous. Such great idea, such beautiful project. Wow. I'm already in love. And I haven't seen one second yet... :love:

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Just a heads-up, the livestream appears to be geoblocked today. If you have VPNs, prepare to deploy them now...

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I'm screwed apparently.
I don't have experience with VPN's, have Ubuntu as my OS and installed two that don't do a thing. Have installed Opera browser with free VPN but can only choose Europe as a location and that doesn't work either.
HEEEELP

It does seem that after the streaming, the video is available. I was able to see yesterday's streaming. Do I need to just wait before the video is released? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

EDIT: Someone solved it for me!!! Halleluja!!!!

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Enjoy! It's too late on a Friday night and I'm too non-techy to try figuring VPNs out now, but I hope somebody captures their performance and puts it on YouTube.

bramweld

Record Breaker
I'm screwed apparently.
I don't have experience with VPN's, have Ubuntu as my OS and installed two that don't do a thing. Have installed Opera browser with free VPN but can only choose Europe as a location and that doesn't work either.
HEEEELP

It does seem that after the streaming, the video is available. I was able to see yesterday's streaming. Do I need to just wait before the video is released? Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Share please in PM.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
I missed the warm up. Did they avoid showing Gaby and Guillaume like last year?
If they dare cut the stream when GG come on, I'm going to blow a few fuses.

cocotaffy

Final Flight
I'm screwed apparently.
HEEEELP

COuld you also share with me in PM please ?

Harriet

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I missed the warm up. Did they avoid showing Gaby and Guillaume like last year?

They're in the second group (there are seven teams so they had to split them into two groups of three and four pairs).