Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 328 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

LaArdilla

Medalist
They look AMAZING! The costumes are really fun, they went all out, very 80s aerobics classes. They really are something else when you watch them at the practice, the way they gain speed is just otherworldly.

Spot

On the Ice
I can't wait!! I love those costumes!

Fingers crossed that the ISU stream will stay up for their RD, haha.

Spot

On the Ice
That was so much fun! I truly, truly enjoyed it!! They are all in, especially Gabriella, haha! Great RD!

Roast Toast

Medalist
That was fun! Still quite tight in a few places, and I want them to fill up the midline step more, but gosh they got a lot of ice coverage on the pattern. After the tango RD last season I think we can say they are no longer just FD skaters :yahoo:

lupina015

Rinkside
What a cringefest!
It wasn't cingey tho. Hard to describe. I just laughed all the way through. :laugh:

Piper and Paul, watch out! :laugh:

cuiniel

Rinkside
I will never not love Gaby and Guillaume; that said, was it just my imagination or did Guillaume seem a little lackluster? His moves didn't look as full of energy as usual, and his expression was better at Masters. Travel fatigue, maybe?

bramweld

Record Breaker
I will never not love Gaby and Guillaume; that said, was it just my imagination or did Guillaume seem a little lackluster? His moves didn't look as full of energy as usual, and his expression was better at Masters. Travel fatigue, maybe?

That and the programme was recently reworked so it's a bit rough around the edges right now. My thoughts that is.

Gotlev

Driving the Zamboni home
On the Ice
The theme for the RD this year is a clear horror for me, with a very high amount of programs that seem to be a blast from a (VERY embarrassing and to-be-deleted) past.

Luckily some programs try to do something else than whining in the rain, and GG's approach and costumes are super.

However, have we now landed in the situation I once prayed for, where they're getting showered with points regardless of whatever happens on the ice? With such levels, how can they get that score? Isn't that just plain favouritism? I'm very happy for them, and I still somewhat hope they deserve this score, but something feels very weird. Likewise with C/B: with a Finnstep level ONE, how on earth do you get to be second in the RD??

I found GG sloppy and missing the sharpness that this program simply needs. Starting right from the get-go, in their stretching sequence: not together, not clear which movement was supposed to be on which beat, and that more or less continued all through. It felt like we were back in a different time when getting precision and finesse was something they needed to work hard for. Put this next to last year's tango: are these the same people?? :shocked:

Roast Toast

Medalist
No, I agree. (Be careful discussing the scores here, though. Competition isn't over) The performance wasn't bad, but better than last world's RD? Hell nah. Well, it's IDF.

Bcash

Final Flight
They looked tighter in competition on than in practice. A slight trip for Gabi and a bit late with some music beats. The midline step sequence could still be worked on more to give the slow section more visual interest and maybe emotional contrast with the fast sections.

Whiteboredom

Rinkside
The theme for the RD this year is a clear horror for me, with a very high amount of programs that seem to be a blast from a (VERY embarrassing and to-be-deleted) past.

Luckily some programs try to do something else than whining in the rain, and GG's approach and costumes are super.

However, have we now landed in the situation I once prayed for, where they're getting showered with points regardless of whatever happens on the ice? With such levels, how can they get that score? Isn't that just plain favouritism? I'm very happy for them, and I still somewhat hope they deserve this score, but something feels very weird. Likewise with C/B: with a Finnstep level ONE, how on earth do you get to be second in the RD??

I found GG sloppy and missing the sharpness that this program simply needs. Starting right from the get-go, in their stretching sequence: not together, not clear which movement was supposed to be on which beat, and that more or less continued all through. It felt like we were back in a different time when getting precision and finesse was something they needed to work hard for. Put this next to last year's tango: are these the same people?? :shocked:

Thank you for speaking the truth about their score and their performance. They were messy, sloppy, off-beat. How did they get a 9.82 for the interpretation of the music/timing ?! They were almost never on time. I'm sorry but this "beating-the-world-record-at-each-competition-just-for-the-sake-of-it" thing needs to stop if they want to be taken seriously by the Olympics. Otherwise the Russian will eventually play the same game and end up beating them at some point. Although we love and support them, we need to be fair : that score was undeserved, and they need to work harder (pattern, midline stsq, and getting a NEW lift! They've been using this one for the last 3 years now!). Yes, the program is fun and they have great speed, but it won't be enough to be recognized as worthy athletes, and getting too inflated scores can only do harm to them in the end.

peepsquick

Final Flight
If I remember right, they were not perfect either in Grenoble last year ... it is work in progress (1st real competition of the season for them). I agree with @Gotlev that the score seemed inflated but it's difficult to judge from a video. People on site seemed to be quite enthusiastic.

Bcash

Final Flight
Oh it’s obviously a crowd pleaser. The judges were probably buoyed by the mood of the crowd too. The American judge really loved it apparently, perhaps because it touched some cultural memories? All that makes the “Interpretation” score quite understandable.