Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 345 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

synian

On the Ice
Is Guillaume's book going to be published in English? I am learning French, but I would prefer to read it in English. Anyway I am a new figure skating fan and it's all because of Gabriella and Guillaume. There's something about them that speaks to someone who doesn't understand all the technical things in figure skating or ice dance, but just appreciates the beauty of their dancing. It's weird because I used to watch figure skating in olympics before G&G, but I always found ice dancing boring and just watched the jumps in singles and pair skating. But there's something so mesmerizing about G&G. I have always loved ballet there's something similar about them. I can't wait for the new season. I hope they get gold in Beijing.
For now, there isn't any information about a translation of his book in other language. it is published in France since April 29th and it will be out in june 4th in Quebec I think only in french language. I suppose an english version will depend of the demand ... may be you can ask the publisher in france ...here is the link https://www.xoeditions.com/livres/6497/ or may be in June we could have more data about it ...

labgoat

I have no words
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I came across this video of Gabby & Guillaume skating with an overlay of Le vent, Le Cri by Ennio Morricone. It is one of my favorite pieces of music. The music needs a real artistic soul to skate and I would trust G& G to do it justice. I'm sure this is a fan adding music and not a real program, but how I would love to see them try...

brushalley

On the Ice
Country
United-Kingdom
What do we think they have planned for us?
The RD I have no idea.I keep thinking of their gala piece to the Weekend something like that ?
The FD well
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Tango they were working on .It looked absolutely fabulous on the YT video they did with On ice perpectives .That by the way has been removed even though I've watched it countless times which makes me think just maybe they have kept it. If they haven't kept it and have gone back to what they do best a more lyrical piece well I just love watching them skate.The Tango would be different to what the others are doing so far.Not long to wait now !

Roast Toast

Medalist
The RD I have no idea.I keep thinking of their gala piece to the Weekend something like that ?
The FD well
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Tango they were working on .It looked absolutely fabulous on the YT video they did with On ice perpectives .That by the way has been removed even though I've watched it countless times which makes me think just maybe they have kept it. If they haven't kept it and have gone back to what they do best a more lyrical piece well I just love watching them skate.The Tango would be different to what the others are doing so far.Not long to wait now !
This is mainly my hope as well. I think they said in interviews that they've either scrapped or revamped the tango program, but literally every other team in the final groups will be doing ballads or soft classical so they could really stand out with a more fiery piece.

peepsquick

Final Flight
This is mainly my hope as well. I think they said in interviews that they've either scrapped or revamped the tango program, but literally every other team in the final groups will be doing ballads or soft classical so they could really stand out with a more fiery piece.
I absolutely hope that they have perfected their Tango because it would really set them apart from most of the other teams. I am amazed at the number of lyrical pieces, especially from top teams!

Roast Toast

Medalist
I absolutely hope that they have perfected their Tango because it would really set them apart from most of the other teams. I am amazed at the number of lyrical pieces, especially from top teams!
The way I see it it's a win-win. Either they've got their tango and stand out, or they show how much better they are than everyone else at lyrical. I'm honestly baffled by these choices from other teams.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
The way I see it it's a win-win. Either they've got their tango and stand out, or they show how much better they are than everyone else at lyrical. I'm honestly baffled by these choices from other teams.
I agree. Even Gilles and Porier have played it safe. I think we can say P and C will have their long awaited gold. This may e the olympic season but people are not picking winning programs or music other than PC maybe.

Skatesocs

Final Flight
I personally hope they don't go with Lyrical. It would be a much too safe choice for the Olympics, and I don't want to see it.

The Tango, while I'm sure it's good, is still not something that I find a particularly risky, interesting choice for what should be their coronation. Yes, I know the Olympic season is where everyone plays it safe, but I don't want to see it from them. They are one of the very few artists around anymore, and it'd be a cheap statement of their talent.

georgia

On the Ice
Very very excited to reveal our new programs this Olympic season for the Epinal Masters, followed by Finlandia trophy in Espoo!
For the rhythm dance, we fell under the spell of John Legend's voice in ′′ Made to Love ′′ and ′′ You & I ". With the collaboration of @axelle_ebony @kimgingras @sam chouinard8 and @mf_dubreuil we explored lyrical hip-hop as well as Whacking, a dance style born in Los Angeles in the 80 s to answer the theme of the season ′′ urban dance ".

Tomorrow we will reveal the theme of our free dance... ✨