Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron

hamaguri

Record Breaker
Thanks @TheGrandSophy for lovely photos:). Now they grow attractive more and more. Can’t wait to see which programs they will bring.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
Yeah, I've notice the swing videos, but wasn't sure if they are just her enjoying the local cultural events or a bit of a clue to the inspiration of their next programme.

One thing that I'm interested in is how they will do with the waltz. Do we think they will go for a more modern waltz?

ETA: They, of course, did a waltz as Juniors, but they have come a long way since then. They did a modern pop song then, but a very gentle one from Coeur de Pirate.

I dream they'd go for Edith Piaf medley as SD - this would make a magic program with their natural graceful movement and elegance...

As for FD I have no idea what they'll choose...If it will be a single, separate music piece or some medley/soundtrack, if they will go in more 'strong', edgy direction or stay with lyrical approach...I'm praying no warhorses, no Queen, no Great Gatsby...
I definitely see them doing some folk, gypsy medley to e.g. Bregovic music though...

Pika

Final Flight
Nope.... Suspense til the end !!
Some people asked Gabriella on twitter so let's see if they give us a clue ... I can't wait :popcorn:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
thanks!
last year they made quite a masterpiece. we can't help having much expectation.
hope they will disclose it earlier:popcorn:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Bad news: according to the FFSG facebook, the training stopped after Gabriella hurt herself after a bad fall. Not sure exactly what she has. :no:
Hopefully she'll recover fast!

Last edited:

Mattieu

Medalist
Bad news: according to the FFSG facebook, the training stopped after Gabriella hurt herself after a bad fall. Not sure exactly what she has. :no:
Hopefully she'll recover fast!

I've just seen the post it says a training fall caused a concussion.

Last edited:

oat

On the Ice
Hi
The commentators often say that they have a great quality, the quality is fantastic.
What is it "the quality" ? in skating
Thank You

Pika

Final Flight
I wish her a quick recovery ! Hoping nothing too serious and that it won't delay their preparation too much :hopelessness:

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Hi
The commentators often say that they have a great quality, the quality is fantastic.
What is it "the quality" ? in skating
Thank You
I think they mean P/C's skating skills first of all (deep edges, power etc.) - especially Cizeron's. Also the quality of their elements, although those, while very good, are not quite as outstanding as their skating skills (lifts and spins are good, compulsory and step sequences demonstrate their skating skills, but don't always get the highest levels, and also don't always have ideal unison in the case of side by side sequences, twizzles tend to have problems). I don't have time to go deeper into it right now.

Last edited: