Marin Honda | Page 65 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

MaiKatze

Record Breaker

Argh, now I'm so sad that the costume obviously wasn't ready yet at Nebelhorn Trophy Gala. Even in her training gear, she was the star of the show to me, skating to this song, which isn't easy and very different to most Gala performances (and made her stand out) I really hope we get to see this exhibition on TV in that beautiful costume one day.

breadstal

Record Breaker
Vertical ver. of Marin's 2016 Japanese Nationals FS, I think it's pretty cool :) One of my all-time favorite programs :luv17: It kinda makes her look like a K-pop singer lol (which she seems to like, I remember her dancing to BLACKPINK on IG live). https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeqQbscbE74

I hope she will compete again this season, especially internationally so we can get videos :hopelessness:

breadstal

Record Breaker
Omg, I'm so excited :love: It was pretty unexpected, pretty bold choice but after Mariah's success with her Britney short, I think she can do well too. She's coming for her deserved PCS :luv17: I'm not a fan of bodysuits, so I hope she will change her costume tho :drama:

rnois13

On the Ice
I loved Albatraoz as an EX, I'm also looking forward to see the competition version. I'm sure she'll have more alternate costumes, didn't she have 5 costumes for 7NA?

ArgieFan

Rinkside
Short program.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhE3Xqz6vGs

She had another subrotation on a double Axel, but she landed well. His Inna Bauer, so beautiful, was barely a gesture. She was not feeling very well. But it doesn't matter, in general terms she's improved from last year. This time she went out on the track without his typical festive character. When she sat down to wait for the scores she hardly paid any attention to the results. Well, at least she's gained some self-control. I hope that, besides skating better than last year, she recovers her confidence, because she shines when she feels confident. Marin, skating with confidence, is a party. In short, between good and very good. I hope she at least stays that way for the long program :pray: :pray: :pray:

Last edited:

rnois13

On the Ice
Congrats on the Bavarian Silver Marin!

I hope she figures out that Flip, she was obviously disappointed at the end also in the SP.

Ice shows Marin is scheduled to appear

SOI Osaka, Aichi, Hachinohe
March 28 - April 5

PIW Yokohama
April 25 - 30
May 2 - 5

PIW Sendai
May 16 - 17

breadstal

Record Breaker
Why? (30.72)

She obviously deserved more, even with a fall.

I hoped for better free...the only jumps that work for her are 3Lo and 3S, which always were her best jumps so no suprises. Flip is such a problem for her. It was really bad season for her, I wonder if staying with Raf at this point is worth it *sigh*. But like always I'm hopeful for what's coming, I still believe she can get her jumps together (and her mental toughness). She's def not a lost cause, she's TOO special for that. I can't wait for her new programs and to see her skate in ice shows (I hope she will perform her new stuff ASAP).

ArgieFan

Rinkside
She obviously deserved more, even with a fall.

I hoped for better free...the only jumps that work for her are 3Lo and 3S, which always were her best jumps so no suprises. Flip is such a problem for her. It was really bad season for her, I wonder if staying with Raf at this point is worth it *sigh*. But like always I'm hopeful for what's coming, I still believe she can get her jumps together (and her mental toughness). She's def not a lost cause, she's TOO special for that. I can't wait for her new programs and to see her skate in ice shows (I hope she will perform her new stuff ASAP).
Marin has improved since last year. She's also hardened psychologically. I think she should develop more leg strength, do more squats. She's subrotating because she's not jumping high enough.
By the way, I'd like to see her EX at the Bavarian Open.

dramasocks

On the Ice
Marin posted a sped-up version of her working on her new SP Albatroz with Shae-Lynn Borne!

Ahhhh I’m really excited! I think Marin can totally pull off this look, her energy is so contagious.

breadstal

Record Breaker
No one has charisma of Marin, she's truly one of a kind. This program will be a delight to watch <3

ArgieFan

Rinkside
No one has charisma of Marin, she's truly one of a kind. This program will be a delight to watch <3
As I like to say, the skating world is like an editorial: the great skaters hardly make mistakes, they are the proofreaders. Marin has mistakes, but she's the only poetess.