Marin Honda | Page 61 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

rnois13

On the Ice
Thank you so much for the translation Tsurara!
What a beautifully written article, her mud ball story had me tearing a bit. May she have lots of hope and inspiration fuel her perseverance this year.

ArgieFan

Rinkside
She is my only favorite skater and since she was degraded I lost interest in skating. The other skaters seem to me like robots on her side. I hope that Marin will be able to surpass herself. It would be wonderful if her skill could match her charisma and beauty. I am following her evolution very closely. I hope Rafael can improve she. Seeing her skate well would make me very happy.

CeciGaby

Rinkside
Sorry for just jumping in while you're all in the midst of another conversation. I have two questions regarding Marin and wonder if anyone knows the answers. While observing the many Twitter posts from PIW, it seems to me that she is quite a bit taller now, her shoulders are broader, and overall she has a more womanly appearance. Does anyone know if she has gotten significantly taller in the last year or so? Just thinking that this can have a huge affect on a skater's jumps. So in addition to her new training environment, she could also be coping with some of these issues. Also does anyone know her ice show schedule?

She is really charming and oozes charisma! I really wish her the best and hope she can "hang in there" and give Coach Raf's training a chance to work.

I don't know when this measure was taken but according to the ISU website she is 162cm and one of the tallest japanesse girls
Satoko 152cm
Wakaba 152cm
Rika 154cm
Mai 156cm
Kaori 158cm
Marin 162cm
And on regard of the ice shows she will be on Prince Ice World: Sapporo on June 22-23, her last show will be The Ice on July 27-28, in Osaka and Aug. 3-4, in Nagoya (Her presence in shows is kinda 30 days away one of the other). I'm waiting for the broadcast of Prince Ice I really need to see her La la land program :D

ArgieFan

Rinkside
According to Wikipedia, she's 1.63.
Marin has grown suddenly and is more beautiful than ever. Within 3 months she will be 18 years old (She was born exactly one month before 11S). She has grown up a lot but luckily she keeps her personality playful and cheerful, smiling **really** at the cameras, as if she were still a child. Very different from Miyu, who has also grown (and more than Marin), and who has acquired the serious bet of a senator. The truth is that "Another Day of Sun" (La La Land's first song) seems to have been made for her. The medley they've made has an allegro - adagio - allegro molto like structure, ha ha

rikaquegira

On the Ice
La La Land definitely suits Marin like a glove, as much as I don't like the movie at all. And as much as I'm tired of LLL programs and I think the hype is gone so it's kind of anti-climatic seeing a LLL program now, we didn't see any great LLL programs, Marin is someone who can make it shine.

ArgieFan

Rinkside
La La Land definitely suits Marin like a glove, as much as I don't like the movie at all. And as much as I'm tired of LLL programs and I think the hype is gone so it's kind of anti-climatic seeing a LLL program now, we didn't see any great LLL programs, Marin is someone who can make it shine.
yep

ArgieFan

Rinkside

breadstal

Record Breaker
La La Land. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIHNfIqnZn0 She is so beautiful, there are no words to describe how unreal her skating is for me :sad4: And she is such a performer too! Some cool transistions and pretty spin positions! Best parts were her Ina Bauer, spread eagle, spiral, as well as arms and edges throught the whole program. I really don't like music cuts on a first watch though, they sound messy. I hope it's going to be her comeback season and her jumps are going to be consistent from now on.

pandatours

On the Ice
She’s so cuteee!

When she’s on her skating is so beautiful and effortless. Is it just me or does the height on her jumps look smaller? I wonder if it’s the lights that are playing visual tricks

rnois13

On the Ice
Thread Bump

Marin's remaining ice show dates:

PIW Sapporo
June 22 & 23

PIW Tokyo
July 19-22

THE ICE Osaka
July 27 & 28

THE ICE Niigata
July 30, 31 & Aug 1