Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465
Results 1,281 to 1,294 of 1294

Thread: Marin Honda

Spectator

0 Not allowed!

Marin Honda

After seeing the teaser trailer for Joker, I suddenly remembered her last short program while she was still in the junior circuit. I wish she’d perform another version of the program music with a different interpretation. Maybe not completely portray the insane type of character but one that is still sane but has a habit of smiling in front of an audience but takes off that mask and is sad when she’s alone. Maybe not now but in the later future when she’s able to handle heavier content and interpretations.

Medalist

2 Not allowed!
    Congrats to Marin for a lovely performance at Skate Canada despite her unfortunate accident, and for skating her free clean! If she can nail her SP next time and start getting 65+/120+ scores she'll be a Contendah again!

Btw, no hyperbole but her getting 62 PCS for her free is a war crime.

Spectator

1 Not allowed!
    Congratulations to Marin! I can’t wait to see her next skate!

1 Not allowed!
    I was really impressed by Marin's redemptive free skate at SCI, especially considering the injury she had from her accident. It was one of the highlights of the ladies FS to me. I think her PCS should of been higher than what she got, but I'm happy she was able to finish in the top 6. I like her programs and look forward to seeing her compete again at her next competition!

On the Ice

2 Not allowed!
    I was impressed as well. She looked good and performed beautifully. She is one of those skaters whose smile reaches every spectator. The video of her falling out of a spin was pretty scary--I hope she's recovered from the concussion.

0 Not allowed!
    I'm proud of Marin! Marin was able to beat herself, overcame the discomfort of the accident, overcame her self-distrust, concentrated, did not commit any of her usual pops, did not see any subrotation, did the only split very well (movement that I adore and that most skaters disregard), had high quality in the turns (hugging her leg looked like Yulia Lipniskaia at 15). We're getting Marin back! She's getting back to what she was! Marin: concentration!
    She's been a little shy for the last two competitions (except for the EX), but when she gets more confident, she'll shine as always.
    I think she was a little underscored. She deserved a couple more points. The same thing happened in the short program. As I said previous time, I guess they do it deliberately, so she doesn't relax.
    Anyway, the judges were tough on all of them. The ice was very slippery in Canada. Simply, most of the first group made mistakes and one by one they were falling under Marin. When I saw local Gabriela Daleman (first of last group) make so many mistakes and fall twice, I said to myself, incredulously: "Another one below Marin!". Marin must have been poisoning everyone haha. It become comic.
    She finished 6th in the general classification, after a clean and cheerful skating, where (unlike his competitors) showed that enjoyed what she was doing. From an artistic point of view, it was, by far, the best program of the FS.
    BTW, Marin was assigned to the China Cup on November 8th. Train, Marin, train! Because your contenders are very hard, many technical points above you.

2 Not allowed!
    To heck with scores. I love her and would watch her just because she makes me and my dog happy. Go Marin!
    Attached Images Attached Images

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by CoyoteChris View Post
    To heck with scores. I love her and would watch her just because she makes me and my dog happy. Go Marin!
    Me too. But I prefer Marin to increase her score because she skates happier, and I want to see her happy.

1 Not allowed!
    How about a few Pikachu's?! If she received those all in China she may have a hard time getting them home!

https://twitter.com/FSIgstories/stat...144042496?s=19

1 Not allowed!
    I'm very sorry to have to say that I don't think Marin will recover. And I'm more sorry to see Marin go down and down. Marin has been the skater I liked the most, even more than Yuna Kim. I would have been satisfied if Marin was just a 2nd line skater and would have always followed her. She has a set of wonderful qualities, but she can't take advantage of them because she lacks one esential quality: the will to fight.
    It will be difficult to find another skater as charming as her. For me It's not enough for a skater to be technically remarkable, like Kostornaya or Zagitova, she must have gracefulness and charisma and beauty. All together.
    At this moment I have no reason to see skating, they all look like robots to me, mere athletes. But I will explore from time to time, in case a wonderful new genius appears as Marin was in his time.
    And about Marin, I don't think she'll outdo the Japanese nationals. I think she'll quit soon. I'm very sad.

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgieFan View Post
    I'm very sorry to have to say that I don't think Marin will recover. And I'm more sorry to see Marin go down and down. Marin has been the skater I liked the most, even more than Yuna Kim. I would have been satisfied if Marin was just a 2nd line skater and would have always followed her. She has a set of wonderful qualities, but she can't take advantage of them because she lacks one esential quality: the will to fight.
    It will be difficult to find another skater as charming as her. For me It's not enough for a skater to be technically remarkable, like Kostornaya or Zagitova, she must have gracefulness and charisma and beauty. All together.
    At this moment I have no reason to see skating, they all look like robots to me, mere athletes. But I will explore from time to time, in case a wonderful new genius appears as Marin was in his time.
    And about Marin, I don't think she'll outdo the Japanese nationals. I think she'll quit soon. I'm very sad.
    Hey, no need to be pessimistic, Marin can still make a turn around, she’s only 17, still pretty much a baby (although, that might be a lot in „skating years“).
    I think Raf really has a special soft spot for Marin, and I’m sure he takes enough time to work with her.
    And look how wonderful Mariah is doing, after quite a few seasons of lackluster results, she really is re-emerging as a strong competitor, delivering her best ever technical content, and that’s in her 20s.
    Raf is a coach who helped many many skaters to revive their careers after them having bad seasons with other coaches, the list of people who he truly helped to make that turn around is quite big. I believe this will be the case for Marin as well, she’ll get there in her own time.

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgieFan View Post
    K bye!

Regardless of what happens with Marin’s career, she chose to fight for her future with a new coach, new language, and new life. Whatever her reasons are for still skating, she is working through her issues and showing up every day. It really sucks that figure skaters have such a short career, in other sports you can appreciate athletes more through the ups and downs and figure skaters are more expendable.

Most importantly, her communication with RAF seems to be improving. This season she seems happier and healthier than ever. When you face setbacks it is always little by little that you fight your way back. Doesn’t mean it’s back to what you were, just back to a place where you’re content

On the Ice

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by nussnacker View Post
    I think Raf really has a special soft spot for Marin, and I’m sure he takes enough time to work with her.
    And look how wonderful Mariah is doing, after quite a few seasons of lackluster results, she really is re-emerging as a strong competitor, delivering her best ever technical content, and that’s in her 20s.
    Raf is a coach who helped many many skaters to revive their careers after them having bad seasons with other coaches, the list of people who he truly helped to make that turn around is quite big. I believe this will be the case for Marin as well, she’ll get there in her own time.
    The thing I appreciate about RAF is that he is honest but he is loyal. He also acknowledges when he is wrong or acted poorly or out of ignorance. No coach is perfect but I think he is a good coach for her. I also think he has a soft spot for Marin, I know he was often exasperated by her last season but he also absolutely recognizes her talent and potential. If she was not working hard with him, he would...say so tbh. Not as terribly as Mie Hamada, but we would know.

0 Not allowed!
    Thanks for cheering me up. I was so sad that I didn't want to see the last FS of Marin (that I downloaded), I only saw that she got 106 points and I saw a fall when passing. I'm still afraid to look at it. But I saw photos and videos of the banquet and she seemed happy.

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 155556575859606162636465