Marin Honda | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

boskil

Match Penalty
A couple of lengthy Japanese TV shows featuring Marin:

Documentary program about the Honda's, mostly Marin.
Why was Japanese team so excited when Marin pointed to Barcelona's cathedral?
So much laughing and clapping! :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
ohh R&J :laugh: but its Jeff so hopefully it wont feel like yet another warhorse :biggrin:

thoakun

Final Flight
Why was Japanese team so excited when Marin pointed to Barcelona's cathedral?
So much laughing and clapping! :laugh:

She said something about "discover" and then "Harry Potter", probably likening the cathedral as the Hogwart school but I don't trust my listening skill :laugh:

butters

Rinkside
Article on Golden Skate site about Marin's goals for next season and the music for her new FS

http://www.goldenskate.com/2016/04/marin-honda/
I'm curious to know who the composer is. I hope it's not the 1968 film soundtrack, that has been skated to sooooooo many times. I'm kinda hoping it's Prokofiev's ballet, even though Masha skated to it this past year, I think it would suit Marin as well. I feel bad about her bunion, poor girl. :( I hope she gets cushions or splints for her bunion, I don't think it's healthy to be putting so much pressure on it all the time.

Last edited:

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
The problem is that the treatment is WITH a surgery, so she would miss part of the season...

Layback11

Record Breaker
I'm curious to know who the composer is. I hope it's not the 1968 film soundtrack, that has been skated to sooooooo many times. I'm kinda hoping it's Prokofiev's ballet, even though Masha skated to it this past year, I think it would suit Marin as well. I feel bad about her bunion, poor girl. :( I hope she gets cushions or splints for her bunion, I don't think it's healthy to be putting so much pressure on it all the time.

*crosses fingers for 2013 version*

I think any of the versions would make a great FS for Marin, but the 2013 version is the least used and my personal favorite, so I hope it's that one. :yes:

sarama

Medalist
The problem is that the treatment is WITH a surgery, so she would miss part of the season...

Bunions "holder" here... The surgery is very non invasive and with super quick recovery. It is done though only when the pain becomes too annoying, because the result of the surgery is not very long lasting. So it is something that she has to take care of, but nothing that should affect her skating/life too much

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Bunions "holder" here... The surgery is very non invasive and with super quick recovery. It is done though only when the pain becomes too annoying, because the result of the surgery is not very long lasting. So it is something that she has to take care of, but nothing that should affect her skating/life too much

Ohh thanks for saying it!!! Lets hope it doesn' t get worse

sarama

Medalist
Ohh thanks for saying it!!! Lets hope it doesn' t get worse
It will get worse with time, but if she is careful it can be a very slow process. Also since she got them young, it could be that once her feet are done growing, the problem won't progress as fast.