Marin Honda | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i am not sure about full time, but it could happen for summer, same as Cha Jun Hwan (though we still dont have all the info if he is his full time coach now), nam and marin seem to get along well :laugh:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
yeah :cheer: the way she unfolds? her free leg reminds me of Zijun,

gotoschool

Medalist
Here is a really in-depth Japanese junior skating video with a short interview with Marin and some marvelous extended footage of her doing one of her competitive routines in practice. She is so musical and skates so gracefully with wonderful expression, extension, nice subtle knee bends and fluidity. Her jumps, skating skills and steps have also really improved to my eyes. Her 3 Ltz / 3 T combo looked really nice. Can anyone tell if she hit the right edge on take off? The part with Marin is from 12:00-15:20.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30y0yr_0809-強化合宿-公開練習-2-2_sport

Thanks to rosewood for posting this video at the following site:

9:34- http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x30y0yr_0809-強化合宿-公開練習-2-2_sport post 31

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
Marin's SP was so beautiful! My favorite of the season so far. Marin has this expressive and ballet quality that is lovely like every movement, line and extension is perfectly in place just as I would imagine it should be especially for someone who is only 14. Wonderful soft knee bends, expressive flair of the arms and great posture on exit to her jumps. Charming and musical with a marvelous tear shaped Biellmann.

Last edited:

Imagine

Medalist
Marin is so lovely, like the second coming of Mao (I know, I shouldn't compare but still). She is definitely my top pick for the next generation of Japan. However, I really did not like the program itself at all. Marin performed it so lovely, but the music is blah and the choreography is kinda bleh (which has me a bit worried for Yulia). I hope her LP is good.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Marin is so lovely, like the second coming of Mao (I know, I shouldn't compare but still). She is definitely my top pick for the next generation of Japan. However, I really did not like the program itself at all. Marin performed it so lovely, but the music is blah and the choreography is kinda bleh (which has me a bit worried for Yulia). I hope her LP is good.

OMG, Beethoven's Spring Sonata is blah? Haha to me it's one of the most heavenly and delightful violin sonatas ever written. I kinda agree the choreography is nothing special though. However, she executes everything so well. Such speed, fluidity and lightness. Love it.

SuzyQ

Medalist
I love Marin's Spring Sonata SP and her performance was perfect this time. It really fits her fluid skating and jumps.

I wonder why she changed her 3-3 jump combination from 3Lz-3T to 3Lo-3T. I hope no problem with her Lutz jump.

But, honestly, I don't like her LP this season, Beetlejuice, so much. It may be too difficult even for senior skaters to catch the flow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgOWKPhS0uw

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
i loveeee Marin's skating, as others mentioned it may not be the best program out there but she was amazing,she isnt shy to show some personality, i love the ending its almost like saying to the judges "well, how do you like it? lets see you perform now" :biggrin: i hope she will bring the same performance for her LP, i didnt like it that much at Asian Trophy but she was off that day, i hope she will perofrm it better! :cheer:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I like Marin's SP very much(watched her jgpColorado quite a few times ). Her program music this season are not easy to pull off. Marin got probably the best form among all Japanese youngsters (or even all junior girls) which is quite obvious. On top of that, she also got exceptional musicality (She hit all the nuances in this performance, absolutely not easy for this music). In term of choreo, there are parts that I really like. I like that landing of her 3F on a light piano note (usually landing on a heavy note) and then transition into upbeat violin (the delay is priceless). It emphasized Marin's effortless and smooth landing.If her jump landing does not has this character, it won't work. Also I like the transition/choreo into her spins in this program. I also like the subtle hint of playing violin in the beginning of this program. it is not a pretentious or sensational program. But appropriate to this beethoven piece.