Marin Honda | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

gotoschool

Medalist
Sometimes I don't realize how much I really like a skaters' performances until they make a mistake. Marin's SP to me was complete with expressive beauty. So after she started having landing troubles in the LP, I really sympathized with her and wished that she could have it to do over again. I looked for excuses, perhaps blaming it on the high elevation or the problem with the tights on her boot or some combination of both. In my mind's eye, I imagined there was a next time when she did it all right.

I thought it was so gracious and noble of Marin to give a little bow to the camera and smile in the kiss and cry, even though she probably knew she wouldn't win after giving such a great performance the day before. But, I am sure she has many more great performances in store, and I can't wait for that day. She is a truly wonderful skater.

The thing is she was the only one in the final group who didn't fall and her grace and artistry was superior in my opinion except for when she slowed down in her spins at the end, which made her several smaller landing mistakes much harder to take once I saw the score, but at least she held onto the silver medal.

Last edited:

gotoschool

Medalist
Originally Posted by yhmafan View Post I have watched her SP at Colorado 15~20 times and that never gets boring. Here is my favorite gif of Marin. hamaguri;1217566 said:
15~20 times! I know your feelings...
Lovely gif!:love: She's like a little princess...

You are not the only ones yhma fan and hamaguri. I have also watched Marin's SP many times. The use of her arms is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, even though she is only 14. I was surprised to find out that Marin's SP has over 70,000 views, which is the most views for a Junior skater since Elena Radinova in 2013, at least in English and the number is still rising rapidly. Marin certainly has earned a kind of victory in view count.

Last edited:

Leonardo

Final Flight
You are not the only ones yhma fan and hamaguri. I have also watched Marin's SP many times. The use of her arms is one of the most beautiful I have ever seen, even though she is only 14. I was surprised to find out that Marin's SP has over 70,000 views, which is the most views for a Junior skater since Elena Radinova in 2013, at least in English and the number is still rising rapidly. Marin certainly has earned a kind of victory in view count.

Almost 250,000 views now.

hamaguri

Record Breaker

Almost 250,000 views now.

:clap: she definitely has the inherent ability to capture people's hearts!
_----------
Marin! Croatia JGP
57.92.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTAe6CXEEs

Punk of flip is a pity, but her movements overall appear more refined! :love: Seeing her performance is my joy. The coreo, costume, charming and powerful expressions, jumps, spins... How lovely!

Last edited:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
:clap: she definitely has the inherent ability to capture people's hearts!
_----------
Marin! Croatia JGP
57.92.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvTAe6CXEEs

Punk of flip is a pity, but her movements overall appear more refined! :love: Seeing her performance is my joy. The coreo, costume, charming and powerful expressions, jumps, spins... How lovely!

Ahh i love her, her skating is so light and fresh, some thinks her program is generic but i love it, music is light too ( well, at some places :D) and i love the "daring" ending pose, esp when she skates clean like she did at Colorado
Also her 3lo3t is a beauty :love:

Please dont pop anything at LP!!! :cheers:

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
I really like Marin Honda after seeing her FS at japanese junior national championship in 2013. She has good presentation and is really polished. Hope she does well in her FS tomorrow. Rooting for her and Wakaba to make the JGPF! :cheer:

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Yay Marin for winning GP Croatia! Great FS :)

Plumededragon

Medalist
She was really amazing tonight, so happy for her! It was also both sweet and sad to see her trying to comfort poor Wakaba. :no:

gotoschool

Medalist
Here is a copy of Marin's magnificent finish to the Grand Prix series. What a way to close with a bang. This is the best freeskate I have seen in Juniors all season full of charming grace, sophistication, great musical and artistic interpretation with many changes in moods to match the unusual music. Symmetrical air position, with a wonderful flair of the arms on exit to her beautiful jumps, flexible and elegant Biellmann and the best illusion spins I have seen this Junior season timed to fit the rhythm of the music. In terms of performance, interpretation and emotional resonance, I think Marin is the best in Juniors. I felt it must have been a bit bittersweet for her because she seemed a bit upset about Wakaba's reaction, but it seemed like it was because she sympathized with her. Nice to see that they comforted each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ENp3Sx0ICw

Last edited:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
Congrats to Marin's win. I like what I saw from her. added details and thoughtful connecting moves between every tech element from this outing. All tec elements are seamlessly dissolved into the whole performance.:eek::

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love Marin's "Beetlejuice" freeskate. Anyone skating to Danny Elfman music and interpreting it well is okay in my book. I think her costume is supposed to be based off of Winona Ryder's red wedding dress from the movie.

Congrats to her for making the final, of the three Japanese ladies going, she's my favorite!

yyyskate

Record Breaker
I love Marin's "Beetlejuice" freeskate. Anyone skating to Danny Elfman music and interpreting it well is okay in my book. I think her costume is supposed to be based off of Winona Ryder's red wedding dress from the movie.

Congrats to her for making the final, of the three Japanese ladies going, she's my favorite!

"Winona Ryder's red wedding dress". Thanks for the reference! Great to know! Yeah, I also love Marin's "beetle juice" acctually more than her sp:p