Marin Honda | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
on a shallow note - I love her hair:yay:

Congrats MArin!!:points: what a lovely performance! Good luck in the final!

witcher

Match Penalty
I simply adored her today's skate. :love:
She looked there like seasoned champion, landing jump after jump with confident smile on her face. It was really amazing performance from 14yo. Star is born? :shocked:

Last edited:

witcher

Match Penalty
Here is a copy of Marin's magnificent finish to the Grand Prix series. What a way to close with a bang. This is the best freeskate I have seen in Juniors all season full of charming grace, sophistication, great musical and artistic interpretation with many changes in moods to match the unusual music. Symmetrical air position, with a wonderful flair of the arms on exit to her beautiful jumps, flexible and elegant Biellmann and the best illusion spins I have seen this Junior season timed to fit the rhythm of the music. In terms of performance, interpretation and emotional resonance, I think Marin is unmatched in Juniors. I felt it must have been a bit bittersweet for her because she seemed a bit upset about Wakaba's reaction, but it seemed like it was because she sympathized with her. Nice to see that they comforted each other.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ENp3Sx0ICw
:yes:
She left me stunned today. Started watching rooting for her from other reasons and she dragged me into her performance and enchanted me completely. That skate was something else indeed.

mikaboo

Medalist
I love both of Marin's programs this season and I was hoping she'd skate a clean FS when there is a camera around. I wasn't expecting it so soon though so what a nice surprise. Congratulations on the win and good luck at Barcelona. Her coaches are going to be so busy this season with Satoko, Mariko, YunaS and Marin!

I don't think this video has been posted here. It's a documentary about the Honda siblings that was aired in March.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2jh30q_本田4兄妹-わたしたちのレベル4_sport

yhmafan

Medalist
:cheer: Congratulations Marin for winning gold at Zagreb (Seeing Wakaba crying on the podium so much that was a bit heartbreaking though, but the tears would make her stronger.)
Seems that Marin was able to adjust the program so well now, really impressive with such improvement. Hope she does well again at the finals!

Here are some photos of Marin (and her coach Yamato). :)

mikaboo

Medalist
^Yay, they look so happy :)

Her short program has been watched 253 000 times :jaw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFSmIEMaqBU

Good luck her at the JPGF!

Besides it being a fabulous performance, I think the reason Marin's SP has been getting a lot of viewings is because it was introduced on Yahoo Japan's video topics as "Miyu Honda's sister's performance" so a lot of non-skating fans would have clicked on it also.

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
Wow, didn't think she would go clean since she was skating last. However she looked really calm and confident. Hope she does well in JGPF too!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I watched the medal ceremony yesterday and it was very bittersweet to watch Marin enjoy her win while comforting Wakaba. It is similar to Javi and Yuzu at Worlds, nice parallel there (regarding the friendship between #1 and #2, not the amount of tears!).

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker
You can watch the whole event from the link below and it includes the medal ceremony too.
https://youtu.be/DGQGx7uYros?t=4h45m24s (starts from Marin)

thanks! i didn't know there's a whole video. :drama:

I watched the medal ceremony yesterday and it was very bittersweet to watch Marin enjoy her win while comforting Wakaba. It is similar to Javi and Yuzu at Worlds, nice parallel there (regarding the friendship between #1 and #2, not the amount of tears!).

yes! in both cases, they really understand each other's feelings and show the consideration. :yes:

Last edited:

Imagine

Medalist
The medal for that competition is a painted kitchen tile??? :confused: wtheck? Glad she won though!

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
The medal for that competition is a painted kitchen tile??? :confused: wtheck? Glad she won though!

The Croatia Cup Logo already looks kind of childish... But to have it on the medal too... :laugh: