Marin Honda | Page 63 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I have collected most of Marin's videos in the OP.

Belated Happy birthday Marin!

I hope this season goes well for her!

Last edited:

Tsurara

On the Ice
I'm wondering why her name is now being Google translated as "Shingo". Last I had heard, her name was Marin!!! :laugh:

Hmm, Professor Google needs to study harder. It's very strange though, since 真凜's second kanji is 'rin' and no reading for 'go', it's not like Shoma's Masama, which is unfortunately understandable why that reading happens.

It may have something to do with Shingo Nishiyama (真瑚:shin/ma + go/ko) getting known for Ice Dance.

nussnacker

one and only
Record Breaker
I have noticed improvements in Marin, but what I liked most was his EX!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jJHafI7RFc

There are some songs that I listen to and immediately think: Marin is the one skater who definitely can pull that off :) Albatroz wasn’t on that list, but there she is, truly putting a party on! Amazing, isn’t she?
I love her landings still (when she lands things), her and Alyona have those beautiful arms when they land, always looking extra elegant.

lusterfan

Final Flight
With Mai's withdrawal ( :( ) from Skate Canada, I think Marin has a shot at getting the spot! She's the next highest eligible skater on the SB list. She might get passed for someone else, but hopefully she gets it - and hopefully getting the spot would motivate her even more to skate strong.

ElleMari

Spectator
She's the most realistic one to get the slot as America and Canada's time is almost similar and jet lag wont be a problem. Just hopefully she could skate like how she want it to be 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Giu

On the Ice
Country
Italy
Marin got Mai’s spot at Skate Canada!!! Fingers crossed she won’t miss this chance!!!!

Marin gamba!!!

saigonohana

Spectator
After seeing the teaser trailer for Joker, I suddenly remembered her last short program while she was still in the junior circuit. I wish she’d perform another version of the program music with a different interpretation. Maybe not completely portray the insane type of character but one that is still sane but has a habit of smiling in front of an audience but takes off that mask and is sad when she’s alone. Maybe not now but in the later future when she’s able to handle heavier content and interpretations.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Congrats to Marin for a lovely performance at Skate Canada despite her unfortunate accident, and for skating her free clean! If she can nail her SP next time and start getting 65+/120+ scores she'll be a Contendah again!

Btw, no hyperbole but her getting 62 PCS for her free is a war crime.

IceCrystalChris

On the Ice
I was really impressed by Marin's redemptive free skate at SCI, especially considering the injury she had from her accident. It was one of the highlights of the ladies FS to me. I think her PCS should of been higher than what she got, but I'm happy she was able to finish in the top 6. I like her programs and look forward to seeing her compete again at her next competition!

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I was impressed as well. She looked good and performed beautifully. She is one of those skaters whose smile reaches every spectator. The video of her falling out of a spin was pretty scary--I hope she's recovered from the concussion.

ArgieFan

Rinkside
I'm proud of Marin! Marin was able to beat herself, overcame the discomfort of the accident, overcame her self-distrust, concentrated, did not commit any of her usual pops, did not see any subrotation, did the only split very well (movement that I adore and that most skaters disregard), had high quality in the turns (hugging her leg looked like Yulia Lipniskaia at 15). We're getting Marin back! She's getting back to what she was! Marin: concentration!
She's been a little shy for the last two competitions (except for the EX), but when she gets more confident, she'll shine as always.
I think she was a little underscored. She deserved a couple more points. The same thing happened in the short program. As I said previous time, I guess they do it deliberately, so she doesn't relax.
Anyway, the judges were tough on all of them. The ice was very slippery in Canada. Simply, most of the first group made mistakes and one by one they were falling under Marin. When I saw local Gabriela Daleman (first of last group) make so many mistakes and fall twice, I said to myself, incredulously: "Another one below Marin!". Marin must have been poisoning everyone haha. It become comic.
She finished 6th in the general classification, after a clean and cheerful skating, where (unlike his competitors) showed that enjoyed what she was doing. From an artistic point of view, it was, by far, the best program of the FS.
BTW, Marin was assigned to the China Cup on November 8th. Train, Marin, train! Because your contenders are very hard, many technical points above you.