Marin Honda | Page 7 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations to Marin for skating a PB short program at her GPF debut! After a disappointing show at Japanese junior nationals, I'm glad she could deliver here.

tinnychan

On the Ice
Congratulations to Marin to get the spot of World junior, hope she can have a better performance in World junior:yahoo:

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
congratulations to Marin for getting her ticket for junior worlds!! she is a star, but she needs to work on her consistency and most importantly her stsq and spins :palmf: she had 2 level2 spins (1 at SP and 1 at LP, both combo spins) and level1 stsq at LP, she is too good to make this kind of mistakes :drama:
and since noone posted yet her Short Program, Long Program and Gala

turquoiseblue

Final Flight
Marin's comments:

After FS at Nationals
I was so nervous [in the free skating] that I couldn't skate the way I wanted. I don't even remember much about how I skated. Junior Worlds berth was at stake and since my short programme was not perfect, I thought I would need to skate clean in the free skating. That's why I got so nervous.

About Junior Worlds
I'm a bit disappointed with the result at Nationals but will forget it soon. Now that I realised that I have to train harder in order to win, I will try my best.

Source: Japanese article on sportsnavi

I hope she skates better at Junior Worlds! Good luck, Marin :hap10: :hap10: :hap10:

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
I'm a bit slow getting around to this, but I finally uploaded a few photos I took of Marin at the Junior Grand Prix final.

Not long now, until Junior World's... I hope Marin skates her best there - it's going to be a tough competition...!

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulation for delivering such a great SP performance! I think I will watch the performance over and over.....it was sensational!