Marin Honda | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

Layback11

Record Breaker
Could not be more thrilled for Marin! She's grown on me so much that she's now my favorite junior (tied with two other skaters, but still!) and there's nobody I'd rather see win this title! I wish her all the success in the world next year. :cheer:

Plumededragon

Medalist
It was SO awesome! I'm so proud of her! :cheer: I hope we'll get to see news about her win on Japanese TV. I especially want to see the reaction of her sisters and brother.:biggrin:

Seruleane

Final Flight
Yay for Marin! She's so cute, and SO GOOD! I think she is my new favorite Japanese lady, even though she's still a junior. I'll be anxiously awaiting her Sr debut!

Eclair

Medalist
Marin was awesome!!!!:love: she totally rocked that LP!! Can't wait to see her in the senior circuit!

boskil

Match Penalty
Congratulations! :clap::yahoo:
Two great performances and talk about "star quality"! :love:
This is kind of girl that enters the room and that's it! Everybody stop talking and stare! :biggrin::laugh:

Japanese feds knew what they were doing sending her to GPF and Worlds! :agree:

Last edited:

Marin

"Efforts tell lies, but it will not be in vain."
Record Breaker
Congrets Marin :luv17:

petitebrie

On the Ice
Her style and lightness is very reminiscent of a young Mao Asada. :luv17: She really has some of the best skating skills among the junior ladies this season – deep edges and beautiful flow, both across the ice and coming out of jumps.

solar

I got cat class and I got cat style
Medalist
Country
United-States
Congratulations Marin! If someone told me at the beginning of the season that Marin would be jr world champion, I wouldn't believe them! Glad she proved me wrong :cheer:

butters

Rinkside
Congratulations Marin! If someone told me at the beginning of the season that Marin would be jr world champion, I wouldn't believe them! Glad she proved me wrong :cheer:

Yes, I'm very impressed. She had consistency problems at the beginning of the season and they were all addressed before Junior Worlds. I remember when I first saw her skate and was thinking how strong she was artistically, and a lot of skaters who have really good artistry tend to have consistency problems. It seems she's not going to be one of them. :) Very bright future for Marin.

Caustica

Final Flight
Yes, I'm very impressed. She had consistency problems at the beginning of the season and they were all addressed before Junior Worlds. I remember when I first saw her skate and was thinking how strong she was artistically, and a lot of skaters who have really good artistry tend to have consistency problems. It seems she's not going to be one of them. :) Very bright future for Marin.

Actually, her consistency problems extended to right in the middle of the season too - she did relatively badly in both Japanese Junior Nationals and Japanese Nationals. Somehow she just knew how to peak at the right time...! I hope this trend continues :)

Esopian

Final Flight
Congrats to Marin winning Jr Worlds! She's a very talented skater and I can't wait to see how she skates next season! In an interview with the Japanese press, she said her goal is to win gold at the Pyeongchang Olympics! ;)

Here's some links to Japanese news videos: [link] [link] [link]

Caustica

Final Flight
Congrats to Marin winning Jr Worlds! She's a very talented skater and I can't wait to see how she skates next season! In an interview with the Japanese press, she said her goal is to win gold at the Pyeongchang Olympics! ;)

Yeah, I've seen that interview! It seems like a crazy goal because that would be her first possible senior season... But crazy things happen in figure skating :laugh:

boskil

Match Penalty

Could you translate what her coaches and sister(?) said in the second video?
Thank you in advance! :bow: