Marin Honda | Page 9 | Golden Skate

Marin Honda

Esopian

Final Flight
Could you translate what her coaches and sister(?) said in the second video?
Thank you in advance! :bow:

Sorry I only understand very basic Japanese (I wish I could learn more Japanese though), but I hope someone fluent enough can translate for us soon! :)

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Her Coach said: there is a spark that shines from her skating that those who see it are drawn to.
Her younger sister said: It's amazing that she was able to do both the SP and LP without any mistakes at the Jr. Worlds, where one gets the most nervous. When I see my older sister's good (performance) it makes me want to try harder. She is the same as she was before, my precious older sister.

Her coach told her, you are not the type that can win while 'trying to win' so skate as if you are trying to attract at least one more fan.
That resonated with me. I thought of that. So from the beginning I had the feeling as if I could do it. It was very fun.

Last edited:

Plumededragon

Medalist
Her Coach said: there is a spark that shines from her skating that those who see it are drawn to.
Her younger sister said: It's amazing that she was able to do both the SP and LP without any mistakes at the Jr. Worlds, where one gets the most nervous. When I see my older sister's good (performance) it makes me want to try harder. She is the same as she was before, my precious older sister.

Her coach told her, you are not the type that can win while 'trying to win' so skate as if you are trying to attract at least one more fan.
That resonated with me. I thought of that. So from the beginning I had the feeling as if I could do it. It was very fun.
How sweet. :luv17: I hope Marin's winning will just the beginning of a big champion story. Atfer Mao and Yuzuru, if she keeps working hard and enhancing her abilities, I feel like Marin could really become one.:agree:

boskil

Match Penalty

Thank you! :agree:

Could you translate her sisters from this video? The whole Honda family is so talented! :reye::luv17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecCwaMtuWPM

Last edited:

hamaguri

Record Breaker

Her coach told her, you are not the type that can win while 'trying to win' so skate as if you are trying to attract at least one more fan. That resonated with me. I thought of that. So from the beginning I had the feeling as if I could do it. It was very fun.

The words are especially impressive and i repeated. Their team is really wonderful.

Further, some of us like the scene the skaters and Mie coach at the rink side right before the performance. I can't forget the bearutiful photo of Mie and Satoko.

Iron Lotus

On the Ice
Thank you! :agree:

Could you translate her sisters from this video? The whole Honda family is so talented! :reye::luv17:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecCwaMtuWPM

Miyu - My sister had an amazing result. I'd like to be like my sister one day, but I found a lot of things I need to work on and I will work on them at Nobeyama (training camp) and at next week's competition I will work on aspects that were disappointing to me. It's amazing that Marin was able to win on such a big stage without any mistakes.

Sara - My sister won so I strived to win too. And I won the gold medal and was happy....

(sorry, my tablet's flaking out).

Last edited:

randomfan

Record Breaker
I watched Marin earlier this season, and while I thought she was a nice and lovely skater, I was not that interested in her. But Junior Worlds changed that completely. Even just closely watching two performances of her really showed me that Marin Honda is someone to watch over the next few years. I love her energy, her style, and how she enjoys being on the ice every time (seriously, look at her expressions in the starting and ending poses :love:). I don't think I'm quite a fan yet only (and ONLY is very emphasized) because I haven't watched her a lot, but she has the great qualities that I like in a skater. Congratulations on your win, Marin! :clap: :cheer:

Last edited:

butters

Rinkside
Actually, her consistency problems extended to right in the middle of the season too - she did relatively badly in both Japanese Junior Nationals and Japanese Nationals. Somehow she just knew how to peak at the right time...! I hope this trend continues :)

Even more impressive!

Plumededragon

Medalist
same poses he did with Satoko :laugh2:
Proud of his girls, who are doing great this year. :biggrin: How awesome it would be if Marin and Satoko posed together with world gold medal? I don't know if it can happen this year, considering how tough the competition is, but maybe in the next years if the girls keep slaying? That would be awesome.
I suppose Marin will turn senior on the season of the Olympics, since she won't be 15 before August. I hope she'll get all the experience to make a great debut. ^^

tinnychan

On the Ice
Season 2015/16 - Summary of protocol & video
DateEventSPFSTotal
2015.08.05-08.08 Int.Asian Open48.47(1) Protocol Video84.21(3) Protocol Video132.68(2)
2015.09.02-09.05ISUJGP USA61.05(1) Protocol Video95.39(4) Protocol Video156.44(2)
2015.10.07-10.11 ISUJGP Croatia57.92(3) Protocol Video123.30(1) Protocol Video181.22(1)
2015.10.31-11.03 Nat.Western Section Jr.55.19(6) Protocol98.65(5) Protocol153.84(5)
2015.11.21-11.23Nat.National Junior54.65(7) Protocol 114.23(5) Protocol Video168.88(6)
2015.12.10-12.13 ISUJGPF63.69(3) Protocol Video114.95(3) Protocol Video178.64(3)
2015.12.24-12.27 Nat.National Senior58.23(11) Protocol Video113.39(9) Protocol Video171.62(9)
2016.01.30-02.02Nat.Junior High School57.63(4) Protocol 123.17(1) Protocol Video180.80(3)
2016.03.14-03.20 ISUWJC66.11(2) Protocol Video126.87(1) Protocol Video192.98(1)

Total 3 clean SP (JGP USA, JGPF & WJC) and 3 clean FS (JGP CRO, Junior High School & WJC)
Hope she will skate more clean program next season:hap85: