Maria Sotskova | Page 47 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I have seen her at JWCH Debrecen 2016. She was so cute and so amazing with her long legs and arms! I'm sorry for her because she has finished her career to early!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Figure skater Maria Sotskova did not notify the Russian Anti-Doping Agency (RUSADA) of her retirement before passing a positive doping test, which led to a 10-year disqualification.

As RT learned,the athlete in November 2019 decided to end her career, but did not formalize her retirement from the sport, did not notify RUSADA in writing.

In this regard, Sotskova continued to remain on the RUSADA lists as an active athlete, and in March 2020 they tried to take an out-of-competition doping test from her. The athlete, in a conversation with the doping officers, insisted that she had already retired, but in the end she was forced to do a test that tested positive for furosemide.

According to RT, Sotskova provided a certificate confirming that she was taking the drug for medical reasons, but the clinic did not have a license to issue it. In this regard, the athlete was accused of forgery and was disqualified for 10 years.

Earlier it was reported that the figure skater Sotskova was disqualified for 10 years for forging a medical certificate.

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
According to the Russian forums, per hubby's Instagram, Maria is getting a divorce.
Someone over at FSU shared a link:

Poor Masha it hasn't been a very good last 12 months for her at all!

I hope things will look up for her soon and she can still be a choreographer.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Someone over at FSU shared a link:

Poor Masha it hasn't been a very good last 12 months for her at all!

I hope things will look up for her soon and she can still be a choreographer.

Honestly, I'd say things are already looking up for her. I researched the guy this summer, I'm glad it didn't take her long to "see" him for what he is and is moving on. She'll be upset now, but looking back years from now she'll realize she dodged a bullet. She seriously deserves better.

Good luck to her going forward. Surely she can figure something out with her career since her degree isn't tied to sports, she has options I'm sure.

withwings

On the Ice
Does someone from Russia know what Maria is doing?? In my eyes Maria was a wonderful skater; she stood out in many respects from the other skaters. Perhaps she didn't know ( didn't want) how to bent her head to the system (?) Just speculation, do not know anything.

What is she doing now? Such a silence about her... as far as I remember, Averbukh ( also Trankov) was not kind in their remarks about Maria. Though, it was when Maria took a medication for the weight loss before wedding.

What Maria is doing now?

Last edited:

withwings

On the Ice
Thank you greatly!
I do not have neither instagram or facebook, or twitter accounts... so not always I can get into instanograms because of this...somehow I am not using/avoiding any media platform, except, my love of figure skating guided me to the fs forums...

She looks so different now...