Maria Sotskova | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

tulosai

Record Breaker
Me too! I hope everything will be perfect and she is going to win there with a good score!

BTW I can not see Sakhanovich's name on the entry list anymore.

Yes Sima seems to be off... it must have just happened, she was still on there early this afternoon CET.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations Maria:clap: Now we want to see another PB in the FS! I know you can do it!!:cheer:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations to Maria for her first international win at the senior level! Hoping for many in future:clapper:

witcher

Match Penalty
Congrats Masha! :yahoo::clap:

Her coach said in interview she will fight for the spot on Euro and Worlds at RusNats.
Another contender! Bloodbath is just month away from us. :drama:

Aleksey

Rinkside
Maria's interviews. This is after SP: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/22920.html
M.S.: Performance in seniors is not different from competitions among the strongest juniors. The same atmosphere and tough rivals. I’am very happy, that in SP I managed to remove the spell from “ill-fated Tallin ice”. Last season I performed twice in the capital of Estonia, and didn’t escape falls in both times there.
You have appreciably grown up till march. How did you manage to preserve your technics?
M.S.: It’s too early to speak about it, because the puberty age is not over. Although my height is about 170 cm.
Do you plan to reach 190 cm. and switch to basketball?
M.S.: No, I do not want it at all. My plans are connected only with figure skating.
In summer time you had been preparing to the new season in the USA. Training process there is quite different from russian methods. Were you pleased by it?
M.S.: For me it was very interesting experience: new atmosphere, people and methods. Actually, it is quite different there. Duration of trainings is less but they are more intensive. I repeat: the experience, which I received there, is very interesting. Moreover, now I can speak english fluently.
Is this start in Tallin useful as a preparation for JGPF?
I needed this performance to estimate my preparedness for JGPF. This is last check.

And this one is after her FS: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/22933.html
M.S.: In spite of the victory, I can’t be satisfied with my today performance in FS. I committed a fall in cascade, and this isn’t permissible. It seemed to me, that I delayed during my performance, so I too hastened. Although during the trainings my FS program was faultless. I could do it accurate for several times.
It turned out, that you could not utterly cope with your “Tallin sindrome”?
M.S.: Perhaps, yes. I tried to drive off negative thoughts about my unlucky performance in the previous junior world competition, I failed to get rid of negative recollections entirely. Usually it is uncommon to me. I need to get ready to the start in any situations. Maybe, the reason is the long pause between performances: during month I didn’t participate in competitions. But now I know the aspects to work on.
What are they?
M.S. Myself. I need to work out my sporting character.
Your current season programs are quite different. What of them is closer to you?
I try to be either tender, lyrical heroine, or black witch. Of course, the image, which I embody in my FS, is much closer to me. I suppose, that it is so for every girl.
How will you get ready to JGPF?
M.S.: I’ll work harder and more deliberately.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Maria will compete in SP tomorrow! That's very exciting, I hope to see another technically perfect and fiercely skated program! BMW is one of my favorite programs this season :cheer:

Layback11

Record Breaker
Good luck, Masha! Pretty darn impressive that she was the only one of last year's JGP ladies finalists who made it again. I love her FS this season!

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think she can take silver easily if she's clean. I wasn't expecting her to win here with Polina in the mix.

Aleksey

Rinkside
Wow! Maria kept her word and took one of her charming bears to Kiss and cry today (I suppose, that it was pleasant to RikaRika:love:) Something tells me, that we'll see another one tomorrow! Let them be her lucky talismans!:agree2:

Alan Geraldy

Rinkside
I dont know why but a I feel Sotskova almost in the same type and shape of carolina koster in her early years, sophisticated, great technique, long limbs, simple arms.

Just lack a little bit freedom in choreography and interpretation with her face.
¡¡¡She possibly can be the next queen¡¡¡

Last edited: