Maria Sotskova | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

sneakers

Match Penalty
I dont know why but a I feel that Sotskova almost in the same type and shape of carolina koster in her early years, sophisticated, great technique, long limbs, simple arms.

Just lack a little bit freedom in choreography and interpretation with her face.
¡¡¡She possibly can be the next queen¡¡¡

her figure skater idol is Carolina Kostner

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations to Masha for delivering her best in the free skate! 5th among Russian seniors is a pretty good result!

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I guess that trip for m_a_r_i_y_ to the Elementica Beauty Lab paid off ;)

Sam L

Medalist
I dont know why but a I feel Sotskova almost in the same type and shape of carolina koster in her early years, sophisticated, great technique, long limbs, simple arms.

Just lack a little bit freedom in choreography and interpretation with her face.
¡¡¡She possibly can be the next queen¡¡¡

Yes! You've captured in words why I like her. But I have no problems with the interpretation with her face. I don't like figure skaters who play it up to the audience. You're a figure skater, not an actress.

Sam L

Medalist
OK I'm obsessed with this girl. I can't stop watching her programs. I'm under her Black Magic spell. :luv17:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maria posted this on her instagram. Apparently two young skaters she trains with were in an accident last night and the boy (Dimitry/Dima) was killed and the girl (Caroline) is in the hospital in intensive care.

She is trying to raise money, it seems. I don't know of these young skaters, but indeed sad news. I also thought it was interesting that Wakaba Higuchi asked her to translate the post into English.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maria posted this on her instagram. Apparently two young skaters she trains with were in an accident last night and the boy (Dimitry/Dima) was killed and the girl (Caroline) is in the hospital in intensive care.

She is trying to raise money, it seems. I don't know of these young skaters, but indeed sad news. I also thought it was interesting that Wakaba Higuchi asked her to translate the post into English.

That is so sad :cry:

Not surprised that Wakaba posted though. Masha has friends from every corner of the world. I think she might be one of the most likable skaters out there.

Last edited:

Lipea

Final Flight

This is so terrible. The car ran on them when they were coming back from the training... the driver was drunk.
Here is their recent performance: http://vk.com/wall-37094684_3450166?z=video186238239_171728295/44cd9a28f190d13eac

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
There's a fairly long interview with Maria posted on Sovsport.ru today:

http://www.sovsport.ru/gazeta/article-item/873086

Some excerpts regarding her time in America (copying all from Google Translate):

"In America, I realized that the figure skating - it's my favorite work"
- At what point have felt that figure skating - it's your sport?

- I have a pretty long skating sessions were some passages. I thought it was mine, doubts appeared. I really fell in love with this sport, I think, last year alone, more precisely, before the start of this season. When I came back from a trip to America to Rafael Vladimirovich Arutyunyan, his wife Vera and Nadezhda Kanaeva Anatolievna. In me so much has changed ... I realized that skating - it's my job, and my favorite work. And acts in the competition to me now very much. And before that I was very afraid.

- What is so in America happened to you?

- I think, a different atmosphere on me so affected. I was there for more than a month to learn how people live, how to train skaters. The main difference - where the athletes involved in the fun.

- You did not work before?

- No, I train, I always loved. But in the competitions it was very scary. It was nice then stand on the podium, but before the competition has always been these ten minutes ... "Take me home, I do not want anything!" Now this is not.

- And, the truth took away?

- No, of course, it never went away. But such thoughts were constantly - so terrible that the ice would not be desirable.

- And that terrible?

- Poor to speak. Not Disappoint coach ... His parents some hope.

- Well, yes, in America, the concept of "meet expectations" as something really simple.

- I looked like Ashley Wagner engaged in figure skating. How many years at this level acts, and still just she knows what she wants them to do - and riding pleasure.

- Make friends with it succeeded?

- Yes. And with it, and Adam Rippon, and Nathan Chen is very good friends. Earlier I talked about Ashley, she closed, but in fact it is very bright and good man.

"I remember that in America no one has high fences"
- From America what most impressed?

- I lived in a good family, in a house on the ocean. Very much I liked it all. Warm, beautiful, everything was new to me.

- I was once in America, most people are impressed.

- Yes, I think there are more open. For example, we are sitting on the street, dinner, people go past us. The first time we see - but the conversation, chatted, invited the next day to drink tea. That's it for me was amazing. And remember that no one has a high fence. All in the mind.

- In the "Disneyland" visited?

- No, I was at Universal Studios. Liked. Attractions, however, so-so, but the atmosphere - like a fairy tale visited.

- To you, as a Russian in America are well treated?

- Good! There's absolutely no animosity. And in a family where I lived, I was very fond of, and I have them.

- It is true that cried together with the girls, with whom lived in the house, had to leave when?

- Oh, yeah ... I customizable, that you can not cry, you have to hold on, but always came someone's throat. And then, when they came out on the ice to take pictures, one of two sisters with whom I became friends how to cry! And I followed her. And all the tears ... the river, and could not calm down.

- Who is communicating over the Internet?

- Of course. I would like to invite them to visit, but they are learning, can not come. Maybe someday arrive.

- Speaking of workouts, something that was unusual?

- What short workout, 45 minutes, and ice each have to pay. The coach has to be paid, and that all this is not cheap. We do not think about it - just know that a lot of ice, the coach is, you can do whatever you want. And there the children open-mouthed listening to the coach. Every moment of trying to seize, to the maximum to remember everything, and then to work out on their own.

- It was hard to get used to this?

- At first I did not have time. I thought like this - 45 minutes? So I came to the first training unroll, and jumped on the second. Once we had a VIP-ice, when practiced only members of the "Grand Prix" and skaters from the US national team, I have to let him, too. A training on plain could be, for example, 20 people on ice. And at the same time could ride Ashley Wagner and any girl who is engaged in the first year. But then I got used to this schedule. Even then in Moscow in training sometimes I have time for half an hour to perform all tasks.

- Rafael Vladimirovich told me that Ashley sometimes trained in such conditions - it comes to jumping, and from under her what some barely standing on his feet dragged children.

- True, it was. And there are "hotbeds" that make the emissions directly at you. This is very scary. For the first time at me like someone "threw", I thought I will not go back there anymore. But then they go round adapt himself.

- What training system is better in your opinion?

- Mobilizes more I think that system. But here is what I have more ice, gives me the opportunity to grow, to learn something new, work ...

Re: Russian Nationals:

"Dissatisfied Juliet was difficult to play - I'm not the groom offered"
- Recently you took fifth place in the adult championship of Russia, which, perhaps, was the strongest in the history of the composition of the participants. For you it was the most difficult in his career?

- No, because I'm not going there to occupy the first place. I understand that there is a strong girl, that must be selected to the national team, and go to the European Championship. I do not know what I had to do to beat them. But for myself, I acted very well. Satisfied and how rolled and the result.

- Even the excitement was not any?

- No, it was, but that, as usual there at all. You always want to show their maximum.

- Do not hurt, it is not always the result depends on you? In tennis, the exact impact - won in athletics fastest run and became the champion. But figure skating is subjective.

- Yes, the ingredients - the sort of thing ... but I, frankly, I have always appreciated the way I acted. I skate well - getting good grades. It was never so understated.

- I read in one of your interviews that you have in any program of "Romeo and Juliet" is a fragment that you did not realize how to execute.

- Yes, first there is a gentle music, where I depict a young, cheerful Juliet. And then begins a fairly aggressive, hard fragment. There she found the parents of the bride, and she protested against it. That's what I was difficult to play. Bridegroom because I still have no one suggested it (laughs).

- In the New Year we will make come true yourself something to win?

- Make a wish to be better than I was before.

The Finn

Record Breaker
New article, it is pretty long one.

- Yevgeny Medvedev during a training session of the Moscow Grand Prix jumped cascade "3-3-3" with the initial flip. Do you have something that is not submitted for the competition?

- Of course, on the ice, and we do rittberger-rittberger, and "3-3-3" (rittberger-toe-toe, or all of the coats, or snipe from sheepskin coats). This happens when the training is almost over and there are still forces in the jumps. But not before the start of the show. Triple axel, I tried only on the floor, but at the end of this season would like to learn it on the ice.
http://rsport.ru/interview/20160120/890510540.html