Maria Sotskova | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Oh those levels:drama: Masha better solve your spin issues baby, otherwise you will start the race already behind.

boskil

Match Penalty
Pics from today: 1,2

Masha has the best body figure of all Russian girls, I think she could try modelling after skating. :love:

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
It's not Goncharenko.
Supposedly to Buyanova but we shall see.

If it is Buyanova, I will be mad.

She is just stealing young talents from their coaches - Proklova, Pitkeev and now Sotskova. And I wonder why they all go to her? Buyanova's student are never consistent - Kovtun and Sotnikova...

I would rather like Sotskova move to Arutyunyan as she worked with him almost all last summer

Last edited:

adelia

Record Breaker
If it is Buyanova, I will be mad.

She is just stealing young talents from their coaches - Proklova, Pitkeev and now Sotskova. And I wonder why they all go to her? Buyanova's student are never consistent - Kovtun and Sotnikova...
Well, it's is no different from other professional sports. Athletes can choose whether or not they want to change clubs or coaches. Sotskova has made her choice.

Buyanova's group has the best training conditions in Russia. Unrivaled. She is also a good coach. And then there is also that matter of a PCS advantage...

MsLiinaLii

Final Flight
Well, it's is no different from other professional sports. Athletes can choose whether or not they want to change clubs or coaches. Sotskova has made her choice.

Buyanova's group has the best training conditions in Russia. Unrivaled. She is also a good coach. And then there is also that matter of a PCS advantage...

But why she has best conditions, I wonder? ... Her top athletes - Kovtun and Sotnikova. Who else? Both are headcases, with high inconsistency.
I understand that athetes have the right to choose etc., but I honestly don't see a rational reason to go to Buyanova (besides conditions and PCS)...

It is just my opinion we will see how it all turns out.

alskling

On the Ice
It's not Goncharenko.
Supposedly to Buyanova but we shall see.

I dont't know what to say. :confused:

Adelina was a great. She is Olympic champion, and can be a very strong competitor, if she could find a motivation.
But...but...
We have a different example... Maksim "Beethoven hates you" Kovtun.
Hmmm... :think:
Yes this is big step, but I think Arutunyan would be better solution for her.

adelia

Record Breaker
But why she has best conditions, I wonder? ... Her top athletes - Kovtun and Sotnikova. Who else? Both are headcases, with high inconsistency.
I understand that athetes have the right to choose etc., but I honestly don't see a rational reason to go to Buyanova (besides conditions and PCS)...

It is just my opinion we will see how it all turns out.
CSKA is a very rich and powerful club. And Buyanova is the head coach of figure skating there.

Perhaps Maria just feels that Panova has taken her as far as she can. And to go further she needs a coaching change.
Rafa is not that realistic an option. There would be monetary issues.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I didn't see this coming :shocked: Hope that this change will help Maria improve her spins and presentation.