Maria Sotskova | Page 36 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations to Masha for being national silver medalist in the end! She looked nervous and focused, these skates weren't her best but she left no room for arguments about the olympic team with this result.:yahoo:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well that got a little messy. :laugh:

Now that she’s worked out the jitters she can proceed without incident. :)

Congrats on another Silver Medal....is her FS dress technically silver ;)

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Finally found the time to watch the Russian ladies. Congrats to Maria for winning the Silver Medal, some mistakes but certainly good enough!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well that got a little messy. :laugh:

Now that she’s worked out the jitters she can proceed without incident. :)

Congrats on another Silver Medal....is her FS dress technically silver ;)

I'd say it's gray ;)

Didn't watch live and knew the results before I watched and dang, watching the video she made me so nervous I almost didn't finish watching. Definitely not her best skate but she got through it....hell we both did.

But congrats to her and her team on her silver :dance3: Good luck at Euros :hap10:

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
MARIA SOTSKOVA: "THE MOST IMPORTANT THING NOW IS TO COME TO YOUR SENSES"
google translated
Source: http://www.sport-express.ru/figure-...glavnoe-seychas-priyti-v-sebya-1352370/?ua=dt

Silver medalist of the Russian championship Maria Sotskova - about the rivalry with Caitlin Osmond and about what was the most difficult at the national championship.

- Has already released the emptiness that you had after the execution of an arbitrary program in St. Petersburg?

- A little bit moved away, but of course, fatigue is still felt.

- Further - deserved rest?

- Let's return to Moscow only tomorrow, so I will not train yet, but the day after tomorrow I will already go out on the ice and will train until December 31, because the European Championships start on January 15!

- You can be ranked among the most hardworking and diligent sportswomen. However, non-stop training sometimes leads to the fact that the body can not stand, as in the case of Yuzuru Hanyu and Yevgenia Medvedeva. Do you somehow especially care about the team in the Olympic season?

- The coach monitors this process and if he sees that I'm overworked, can give me an extra weekend or break so I can rest. If I have something hurts, I immediately inform about it, that the problem is solved at the root and there were no consequences and complex injuries. The main thing is to say everything in time.

- During all your career, there was a time when you had to ride with a trauma through pain?

- At the junior world championship of the season before last, our two girls Polina Tsurskaya and Alisa Fedichkina acted in film (at the junior world championship in 2016 Sotskova won silver and kept three quotas for Russia - note "SE"), I also had an injury. The truth was that the girls had tears and something very direct, but my muscles in the groin were overworked and over-stretched. Plus at that time I was very sick, but there was no other way out. It was the pain that could be tolerated.

- When in the course of the season they realized that the swans theme attracted you and many other figure skaters besides you, were upset?

- Girls are swinging a swan, and I'm a girl at a ball, just to the music from "Swan Lake", plus I have other pieces of the work. Yes, I do not feel like a swan, so I did not get upset.

- You communicate well with Polina Tsurskaya, even went on vacation together. These competitions ended well for her. You in fact in that year also had such a moment - the eighth place at the World Championships. How not to sour in this situation?

- Sports is not a sport without taking off and falling. We all know what we want and all have their goals. Even Polina had something wrong yesterday, but I do not think that this is critical. Yes, it did not occupy the desired place on the pedestal, but in general the rental was worthy. He can not always be perfect, man is not a robot. Our performances can not be equally flawless at all tournaments. Motivation should be drawn in the fact that you like figure skating and want to do it. I go out on the ice and ride for myself, the audience, my team and family.

- How does the family experience all these competitive vicissitudes?

- Parents can not watch the live broadcast with my performances, not that I come to the competitions and watch from the rostrum! This is a closed topic. They will first look at the scoreboard, and only then - repeat. Mom is terribly worried, she walks about the room back and forth and can not calm herself down. Plus, all their excitement is transmitted to me, so I ask them not to come, so it's calmer both to them and me.

- The national championship is the most difficult start of the season because of ...

- Excitement and excessive desire to be selected in the national team. Every athlete goes to this all his life and this season happens only once every four years. Plus it is, of course, a secondary factor, but yesterday I felt that I was skating for the whole of CSKA. Our guys did not perform well, and it was necessary to defend the name of the school. The most important thing now is to come to your senses. I put the best I could and gave everything I could at the rentals, so I need to save energy for a new one.

- But Alexander Samarin became the second!

- Any athlete wants a maximum. And if it does not work out, we criticize ourselves for this very much, we are angry. So I think that Sasha is upset. We are friends with him, and we train together. He's a good boy, and we get along very well.

- His coach Svetlana Sokolovskaya even led you to the ice at the Canadian stage of the Grand Prix.

- Yes, my coach Elena Germanovna Buyanova could not go, after all the flight was distant. Svetlana Vladimirovna me tuned me with Irina Anvarovna (Tagayeva - prim "SE") and supported as they could. It was their support that led me to silver at that stage. This year we as one whole and one team, somewhere Svetlana Vladimirovna helps us out, and Elena Germanovna helps her in return.

- At that tournament you lost to Canadian Caitlin Osmond, but then twice bypassed it - and at the French stage of the "Grand Prix" and in Nagoya - in the Final of the series. This added confidence in their own strengths?

"It's always a joy to climb a pedestal, but Kaitlin was not in the best shape in the cases indicated and tore up the elements. It's more pleasant to win when you and your opponent were perfect, and you were better!

- The first part of this season was incredibly intense for you. In addition to the pre-season tournament in Finland, the stages of the Grand Prix and the finals of the series with the Russian championship in late November, you also went to the tournament in Shanghai ...

- Initially, I was told there by coaches as a backup in case I do not get to the final of the Grand Prix. But then I got selected for the final of the series and decided that the trip to Shanghai would not be superfluous, and there was only an arbitrary program to perform there. So this tournament did not hinder the passage of the season, except that it knocked down emotionally (Maria became the third, losing to the winner of the competition Elena Radionova about 3 points.) - Prim "SE"). But then in Japan, I was able to prove everything to everyone.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
MARIA SOTSKOVA: “I DON’T HAVE ANY ROOM FOR MISTAKES”

At the end of last season, 2015 World bronze medallist Elena Radionova joined Sotskova in being coached by Elena Buianova. It was a welcome addition to the training group and Sotskova finds it stimulating to have a skater of a similar standard nearby.

“It’s normal when in one group there are some strong skaters who can compete against each other. The main thing is for this rivalry to be effective. That’s what we have because we are both grown-ups and we both understand what we want from this season, from this sport, and we don’t waste our efforts on any unhealthy competition. We are divided in practices by our coach: Lena trains during the first half of practice and I on the second one, so the coaches don’t make us to play off against each other. We have quite a calm atmosphere. Of course, we see what the other does, but it helps. When I trained with my previous coach, I was the oldest skater in that group and I always was alone on the rink. When I transferred to Elena Germanovna, Adelina (Sotnikova) had left and I was alone in the group again, so I was thinking, “Will I always be alone?” And then Lena came, and it really helps and motivates me.”

In the little time off that she has, Sotskova prioritises family and friends with some cultural pursuits thrown in for good measure.

“I don’t have a lot of free time, but when I do have it, I spend it with my mother or my dog. Of course, I try to meet with my friends most of whom are skaters too. All of us spend a lot of time at practices and that’s why on Saturdays or Sundays we try to go somewhere to relax and to have a good time. However, we do it quietly so as not to get tired by Monday. Sometimes we go to theatres or museums. But in the museums there are rarely interesting exhibitions. As for theatres, I just adore them.

Sotskova has drawn on her trips to the theatre as a source of inspiration for her skating throughout her career.

“Especially when I was younger, when I came to practice after the theatre, I was so inspired and was skating so well that my coaches were just shocked thinking what had happened to me. Now, of course, I became different and quieter. I still get inspired by theatres. I try to learn some things from the actors because to go to the theatre is like to going to an acting lesson. You feel this special energy, and, on the one hand, you get it from the actors, and on the other hand, actors get it from you. And it is very important for us too to get the energy from the audience.
“Before it was a big problem. I saw only the ice and nothing around. Now it’s not so difficult. I don’t feel as scared as I was before when I really was afraid to compete, I felt very nervous. Now I made some conclusions why I do it, what I should do and how, so now it’s much easier.”

This season Sotskova wants to build on what she accomplished last season while learning from her mistakes at major events.

“Before some certain competitions, the most important ones, I skated quite well and clean. Then I had a little breakdown. I failed at the European and Worlds Championships and it gave me some doubts about myself after that. This season I want to always skate clean no matter what. I don’t have any room for mistakes. I must skate clean and work to do everything right till the end. It’s the most important things for all skaters, I think. You can get high so quickly and then fall the same and it hurts much harder. I want to get higher and higher, step by step and not to be a one hit wonder. Of course, for me it is very important not only to do the elements in my programmes, but to make them become art, to show all my emotions, beautiful lines and movement. Anybody can jump, but what is most important is to show programmes which give people goose bumps and that will be remembered for years.”

full English article (long): https://europeonice.com/2017/12/20/maria-sotskova-i-dont-have-any-room-for-mistakes/

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maybe one day Polina will end up at CSKA with her good friend Masha ;)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Azikin

Medalist
Poor Maria was robbed of the medal today... by judges' favourite woman in a ridiculous costume...

UnNamed

On the Ice
Nobody was robbed.
Carolina was 10points ahead after the short, hard to recover. Without that mistake, Maria could win the bronze, but sadly she felt. These things happen.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sotskova: went to the free on the European Championship as a clean sheet.

Russian figure skater Maria Sotskova said that she went to an arbitrary program at the European Championships, to roll back both from scratch.

Sotskova scored on Saturday 200.81 points on the results of both programs at the European Championship, held in the ice palace "Megasport" in Moscow.

"The struggle never ends, today I'm glad that the competition has come to an end." During the rental, I abstracted, came out as if from a clean slate, "Sotskova told reporters." There was excitement, it always exists. "There was no excitement in terms of selection, the excitement was in order to show the best skating, but made an unfortunate mistake, so this result. "

"I want to restore stability, which will help me feel (confidently) myself." I can not say that I was skating, I was riding emotionally thanks to the public, "she added.

According to the Russian figure skater, she "is always concentrated" during the hire. "I am accumulating energy in order to give it out in full.In training, I am always very collected, I try not to be dispersed, but to do my work purposefully," Sotskova noted.

Maria Sotskova: "There was no goal to beat Costner, I wanted to prove to myself that I can"

I do not know why I made a mistake on lutz - either I hurried or slowed down.

I've never been to the Games in my life. I'm still not completely sure that I will go, but I believe and hope. I do not want to make a guess, I just want to prepare well, restore stability, which will help me feel confident, "Sotskova said.

"I did not set a goal to beat Caroline Costner, the main thing was to prove to myself that I can! Could get around Carolina? It's a shame, but I myself am to blame "

Coach Bujanova: skater Sotskova never failed, we hope to hit the OI.

"Who will go to the Olympics, we do not decide, but we hope (to get into the Olympic team.) Masha did not fail once during this season, neither at the Russian Championship, nor in the Grand Prix Final," Buyanova told reporters.

Coach: Skater Sotskova needs to work on competitive activities.

Russian figure skater Maria Sotskova needs to learn how to better adjust to the competition. This was told to the journalists by the coach of the athlete Elena Buyanova after the performance of her pupil at the European Championships in Moscow.

"Masha has such a feature - a very serious person, serious about what she does." My task, besides how to train, is to teach her how to compete. "Not every athlete is given this siyusecond," said Buyanova .

"This is her first unsuccessful start for us, when she listened to the ratings she sobbed, she gives so much, she wants, I can not say anything to her as a coach, because she is absorbed in it," the coach added.

Buyanova noted that since Sotskova is a tall girl for figure skating, she has to be more difficult.

"She is laid out, she is not so easy to give at all." She is not so small, twisting. "A tall man is a different philosophy." She must be in time to catch the accent so that she gets caught, "she said.

https://mrsport.ria.ru/figure_skating/20180120/1131414588.html
https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1059439484.html
https://mrsport.ria.ru/winter2018_figure/20180120/1131413510.html
http://tass.ru/sport/4889602

maryeli

On the Ice
Country
Peru
Masha is an excellent skater, I thought she looked tense before the SP, I assumed she was feeling the pressure but she managed to stay and after today she must have something very clear "nobody is invincible and the podium has no owner", today you can be up and tomorrow, nobody knows.

Good luck and I wish with all my heart to see her in the Olympics :hopelessness: