Maria Sotskova | Page 39 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Best luck for Masha. I wish her to get among the 6 best after the SP. She deserves it and I like her elegance.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She did pretty well...jumps were borderline but all in all a strong effort. I love the classical feel of this program and the subtlety behind the choreography and placements of everything. Especially the spins.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought she would get called on the flip honestly. Lutz looked borderline as well but she passed Shin Amano sniff test! I know he is the assistant caller here but looking at the protocols, lots of ladies got hit with something (edge/under-rotations). Inside the arena, it was alright. She was nervous, not really selling much (or at least I wasn't buying it) and the jumps she did much better at the morning practice. Sixth best PCS, yeah I would say that's about right.

I hope she can skate well in the LP and stay in the top 6, that would be a great ending to the season. And she is less than 3 points from bronze so I hope she skates well just in case someone above her (Osmond/Satoko) skates less than optimum, at least she can then be up there to grab that bronze :devil:

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She’s been a real fighter these last two seasons and I honestly think she’s drained but she still fights!

I really hope she gets programs she loves next year. I personally really like these programs this year but I think she wants something more fun and engaging. Just watch her Kalinka performances.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Today I would position Masha over Osmond, seriously. Osmond made several visible mistakes and still judges were pretty generous to her.

oatmella

陈巍
Record Breaker
Masha looks so pretty - I thought this was the best costume at the Olympics and I've always loved this Swan Lake waltz. Love this classical program and hope she skates her best in the FS.

UnNamed

On the Ice
Fun fact:

during the last group warm up, the speaker said Sotskova won a silver medal in the 198X, before blocking himself and repeat the presentation in the right way. She looks very young for her age.

Scott512

Record Breaker
Maybe people expect too much from Maria because she's part of this Russian Revolution going on in ladies figure skating. but she's a true top 10 skater in the world which is absolutely phenomenal. It's like being top 10 in the world in tennis or golf. I hope she skates better next season with better results but we have to remember she's really really good. I hope she enjoys her offseason.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Masha turned 18 today :hb:

https://instagram.com/p/Bhdle6uhrII/

I’m really excited to see what she brings next year. She’s such an amazing and underappreciated talent but from what I can tell is absolutely loved by all of her peers. Happy B-Day !!

jiawen2016

On the Ice
Happy Birthday to our beautiful Masha! Wish to see a more mature and adult-themed program from her next season!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maria Sotskova
SP: Latin music
LP: “Summertime”
Choreo by Peter Tchernyshev

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
New interview http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3731-mariya-sotskova-ege-sdavala-s-temperaturoj-39.html

Google translated

Figure skater Maria Sotskova - about the Olympics and the World Championships, new programs and tasks for the season.

- Masha, all athletes say that the Olympics is the most difficult start in the career of an athlete. Long retreated from Pyeongchang?

- After the Olympics, I forgot everything. Returned home, immediately began to prepare for the World Cup. We did not invent anything new, just worked. Just psychologically, I tried to change. To adjust myself to feel more confident on the ice, because after the Olympic Games confidence has gone a little. The short program did not work there, from the arbitrary program I had a blurry impression. There was no clear understanding of what I did everything that I could. Therefore, for the World Cup in the emotional plan prepared a little differently.

And after the World Cup is very sick. I was lying about a week with a temperature of 40. Thank God that I fell ill not in Italy.

- The stress affected.

- Yes, I think so. I'm very upset after the random. And together with the accumulated fatigue and tension, all this played a role. Immunity is weakened. And I had to take the exam in school. I thought: I'll be back from the World Cup and I will work hard to prepare for the exams. But I fell ill, although I still tried to do it, as much as I could. The first exam was written with a temperature of 39. There was simply no math. This was the only time when I came to the exam with pockets full of pills, balloons for my throat, and handkerchief.

- Have handed over?

-- Yes. I took all the exams for the Quartet. Now I'm waiting for entrance exams, I want to try to enter GITIS in July. There is still a creative competition, but I will learn more about it by June. You must submit your work to a creative contest. But last summer I was putting the program to a little girl, she was successful with her. I hope this will be enough.

- A set of skaters in GITIS, it seems, is not held every year?

- That's the whole point. I wanted to go to the figure skating department this year. It was led by Elena Anatolievna Tchaikovsky. But she canceled the set. I only found out about this after I passed the exams at school. And the way I immediately planned to enter GITIS, then I passed mathematics, Russian and literature, did not focus on biology.

When I learned that the skaters are not recruited, then, of course, I experienced stress. But in GITIS there is a department where they teach the ballet master-choreographer. I'll try it. The only condition is that if I do, I will have to attend a lot of classes. I do not know yet whether it will be possible to combine studies with a sports schedule, because in my case athletes will not make allowances for indulgences.

- Why are you interested in this direction?

- I'm interested in everything related to creativity. I even thought that maybe I could try acting at the faculty. Figure skating and art are very close. And GITIS is one of the leading universities in our country. I do not know how it will turn out, but I want to try.

Study in RGUFKe is of less interest to me, because so far I do not see myself as a coach. It's very hard, you have to have a lot of energy, and I do not think that I'm ready for that now, because training is a very big responsibility.

But in any case, I will continue to figure skating for many more years. That's 100 percent. I have not yet shown everything, not fully revealed, there is much to strive for.

- When did you start the production of new programs?

"After illness and examinations at school." We began to put programs with Peter Chernyshev. Then I went to Austria for 5 days to celebrate my birthday. I already, you can say, it became a tradition.

"Why to Austria?"

- My closest friends live in Vienna. We used to live side by side, were friends, and then they moved there. We rarely see each other, we miss. And we use every opportunity to meet. When I play in Europe, they come to the competitions, support me. I come to them when there is time. In Vienna, I was already 6 times, three times we celebrated my birthday there. I really like this city.

- Can you tell us about new programs?

"One of them will be in the Latin style." I'm glad that I managed to convince the coaches that they agreed to make me this program. I wanted this last season, but since the season was Olympic, we decided that it's not worth experimenting, it's better to go for a rolled one.

This time I tried to insist, I said that I still dream about latin. We began to put up with Peter Chernyshev. Elena Germanovna (Buyanova - prim .) Was not completely sure if I could roll out this program, but decided to try it. Very high rate. Heavy. I have to work hard. I already feel that the program is complicated. There must be a lot of physical preparation.

- You can say that this program as a challenge for yourself?

- Yes, it really is. In the past, the year before last I skated "classics" and forgot what Latin is. I had a program in this style only once - "Black Magic Woman" by Carlos Santana. And I was so fond of that program, I liked it so much that I wanted to move to this image as soon as possible. The new program is incendiary. Music will help. No matter how hard, high tempo, but the music will push me forward.

- Arbitrary?

- Summertime. It was proposed by Peter Chernyshev. Elena Germanovna loves this kind of music. I also really like the music and the program. I think that in it I will have a completely different image than in the past.

- What are your goals for yourself?

- First, we need to work out programs to make them the way Peter Chernyshev sees them. Almost all the jumping elements I have in the second part, except the axel. I want to learn a cascade with a rythberger, in order to complicate the programs to the maximum. But we'll see. Each year you want to complicate something, and then you realize that you need to steadily roll the programs. And for this, it is a lot of work on "physics".

- You will have a collection in Italy in the summer, in the mountains, where you can do it.

-- Yes. But after this season I realized that the female body - this is such a complicated thing, for which you need eyes and eyes. It is clear that self-control is needed - this is the first thing. But sometimes it happens that you give yourself some indulgence, and then you pay for it. Any eaten cake should be practiced. Ate - went to run or into the hall, otherwise excess weight will interfere with jumping, skating, well, the general view is not very, when there are extra pounds.

Heavy. Such a cycle. The whole season should be kept in optimal shape. But for me it became to some extent a sporting interest, as far as I can restrain myself. There are days when you relax, you want to eat sweets. But when you imagine how much you have to work for it, you'll think 100 times, and how much you want it.

- Better an apple instead of a cake.

- But the apple, as it turns out, is high in calories.

"Then what in return?"

- The air. And water. ( She laughs) . I eat normally. Vegetables, meat. Some things I rule out, some in metered quantities. I follow myself actively, because I understand, the excess weight interferes. I had a period when I started counting calories. But I realized that this is better not to do, because from this really you start to go crazy. Simply, as I said, self-control is needed. In addition to training, when the body must be kept in a tone, you need to control your own state, weight. This is the main difficulty of the transition period. But all this sooner or later passes.

- Starts, exams, training, fees, and leave?

-- Will be. At the end of May I will go to Turkey. It is necessary to distract a little before serious work.

- Good luck, Masha, and thank you.

Olga ERMOLINA, Tatiana FLADE

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
When I see those girls in ice, it's so easy to forget they are in fact still schoolgirls or high school students and beside skating they have to handle school, exams and so on. Sometimes it looks that they are on completely different level that us, mortals :) Wish Masha all the best in sport and in studying too. Seeing her doing ballet choreography... :luv17:

Scott512

Record Breaker
New interview http://fsrussia.ru/intervyu/3731-mariya-sotskova-ege-sdavala-s-temperaturoj-39.html

Google translated

Figure skater Maria Sotskova - about the Olympics and the World Championships, new programs and tasks for the season.

- Masha, all athletes say that the Olympics is the most difficult start in the career of an athlete. Long retreated from Pyeongchang?

- After the Olympics, I forgot everything. Returned home, immediately began to prepare for the World Cup. We did not invent anything new, just worked. Just psychologically, I tried to change. To adjust myself to feel more confident on the ice, because after the Olympic Games confidence has gone a little. The short program did not work there, from the arbitrary program I had a blurry impression. There was no clear understanding of what I did everything that I could. Therefore, for the World Cup in the emotional plan prepared a little differently.

And after the World Cup is very sick. I was lying about a week with a temperature of 40. Thank God that I fell ill not in Italy.

- The stress affected.

- Yes, I think so. I'm very upset after the random. And together with the accumulated fatigue and tension, all this played a role. Immunity is weakened. And I had to take the exam in school. I thought: I'll be back from the World Cup and I will work hard to prepare for the exams. But I fell ill, although I still tried to do it, as much as I could. The first exam was written with a temperature of 39. There was simply no math. This was the only time when I came to the exam with pockets full of pills, balloons for my throat, and handkerchief.

- Have handed over?

-- Yes. I took all the exams for the Quartet. Now I'm waiting for entrance exams, I want to try to enter GITIS in July. There is still a creative competition, but I will learn more about it by June. You must submit your work to a creative contest. But last summer I was putting the program to a little girl, she was successful with her. I hope this will be enough.

- A set of skaters in GITIS, it seems, is not held every year?

- That's the whole point. I wanted to go to the figure skating department this year. It was led by Elena Anatolievna Tchaikovsky. But she canceled the set. I only found out about this after I passed the exams at school. And the way I immediately planned to enter GITIS, then I passed mathematics, Russian and literature, did not focus on biology.

When I learned that the skaters are not recruited, then, of course, I experienced stress. But in GITIS there is a department where they teach the ballet master-choreographer. I'll try it. The only condition is that if I do, I will have to attend a lot of classes. I do not know yet whether it will be possible to combine studies with a sports schedule, because in my case athletes will not make allowances for indulgences.

- Why are you interested in this direction?

- I'm interested in everything related to creativity. I even thought that maybe I could try acting at the faculty. Figure skating and art are very close. And GITIS is one of the leading universities in our country. I do not know how it will turn out, but I want to try.

Study in RGUFKe is of less interest to me, because so far I do not see myself as a coach. It's very hard, you have to have a lot of energy, and I do not think that I'm ready for that now, because training is a very big responsibility.

But in any case, I will continue to figure skating for many more years. That's 100 percent. I have not yet shown everything, not fully revealed, there is much to strive for.

- When did you start the production of new programs?

"After illness and examinations at school." We began to put programs with Peter Chernyshev. Then I went to Austria for 5 days to celebrate my birthday. I already, you can say, it became a tradition.

"Why to Austria?"

- My closest friends live in Vienna. We used to live side by side, were friends, and then they moved there. We rarely see each other, we miss. And we use every opportunity to meet. When I play in Europe, they come to the competitions, support me. I come to them when there is time. In Vienna, I was already 6 times, three times we celebrated my birthday there. I really like this city.

- Can you tell us about new programs?

"One of them will be in the Latin style." I'm glad that I managed to convince the coaches that they agreed to make me this program. I wanted this last season, but since the season was Olympic, we decided that it's not worth experimenting, it's better to go for a rolled one.

This time I tried to insist, I said that I still dream about latin. We began to put up with Peter Chernyshev. Elena Germanovna (Buyanova - prim .) Was not completely sure if I could roll out this program, but decided to try it. Very high rate. Heavy. I have to work hard. I already feel that the program is complicated. There must be a lot of physical preparation.

- You can say that this program as a challenge for yourself?

- Yes, it really is. In the past, the year before last I skated "classics" and forgot what Latin is. I had a program in this style only once - "Black Magic Woman" by Carlos Santana. And I was so fond of that program, I liked it so much that I wanted to move to this image as soon as possible. The new program is incendiary. Music will help. No matter how hard, high tempo, but the music will push me forward.

- Arbitrary?

- Summertime. It was proposed by Peter Chernyshev. Elena Germanovna loves this kind of music. I also really like the music and the program. I think that in it I will have a completely different image than in the past.

- What are your goals for yourself?

- First, we need to work out programs to make them the way Peter Chernyshev sees them. Almost all the jumping elements I have in the second part, except the axel. I want to learn a cascade with a rythberger, in order to complicate the programs to the maximum. But we'll see. Each year you want to complicate something, and then you realize that you need to steadily roll the programs. And for this, it is a lot of work on "physics".

- You will have a collection in Italy in the summer, in the mountains, where you can do it.

-- Yes. But after this season I realized that the female body - this is such a complicated thing, for which you need eyes and eyes. It is clear that self-control is needed - this is the first thing. But sometimes it happens that you give yourself some indulgence, and then you pay for it. Any eaten cake should be practiced. Ate - went to run or into the hall, otherwise excess weight will interfere with jumping, skating, well, the general view is not very, when there are extra pounds.

Heavy. Such a cycle. The whole season should be kept in optimal shape. But for me it became to some extent a sporting interest, as far as I can restrain myself. There are days when you relax, you want to eat sweets. But when you imagine how much you have to work for it, you'll think 100 times, and how much you want it.

- Better an apple instead of a cake.

- But the apple, as it turns out, is high in calories.

"Then what in return?"

- The air. And water. ( She laughs) . I eat normally. Vegetables, meat. Some things I rule out, some in metered quantities. I follow myself actively, because I understand, the excess weight interferes. I had a period when I started counting calories. But I realized that this is better not to do, because from this really you start to go crazy. Simply, as I said, self-control is needed. In addition to training, when the body must be kept in a tone, you need to control your own state, weight. This is the main difficulty of the transition period. But all this sooner or later passes.

- Starts, exams, training, fees, and leave?

-- Will be. At the end of May I will go to Turkey. It is necessary to distract a little before serious work.

- Good luck, Masha, and thank you.

Olga ERMOLINA, Tatiana FLADE
Great interview. I hope Masha has a big year. I think she is now
the tallest elite ladies figure skater at 5 '8" tall. Maybe the new rules will help her challenge the top girls. It will also be interesting to see if Masha can fend off Polina for the third spot on the national team.

Sam-Skwantch

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go Masha!! All of this positivity is infectious :yahoo:

^ :love: