Maria Sotskova | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Although she wasn't in her top form in this year's JGPF, Maria finished with a respectable 4th place finish! She had some tough competition but she should be proud of her performance, knowing the fact that she had a rocky JGP season this year. Also, we can't forget her 3Lz-1Lo-3S combo.:bow::bow:

Oh I wish she could medal in this year's JW!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations to Maria for performing two solid skates at JGP final. Unfortunately it was not enough to medal there. She needs better executed jumps with more transitions between elements. She is still gorgeous to watch the way she skates but the IJS needs something more. Go Maria you can do it!! :cheer:

gotoschool

Medalist
I know that Maria only finished fourth in the Junior Grand Prix Final but along with Evgenia she was my favorite skater in the competition. I liked Wakaba too, but not quite as much. I actually think Maria is the most elegant and graceful skater currently competing, now that Mao is gone. She has my favorite spins and steps, extensions and lines and I love her reserved majesty and slight air of melancholy. I will always love to watch her skate even if she doesn't hit all her jumps. But, I have faith she can make her jumps consistent and gain a little more speed. She will be skating in Russian nationals, won't she?

Last edited:

Antilopa

On the Ice
I know that Maria only finished fourth in the Junior Grand Prix Final but along with Evgenia she was my favorite skater in the competition. I liked Wakaba too, but not quite as much. I actually think Maria is the most elegant and graceful skater currently competing, now that Mao is gone. She has my favorite spins and steps, extensions and lines and I love her reserved majesty and slight air of melancholy. I will always love to watch her skate even if she doesn't hit all her jumps. But, I have faith she can make her jumps consistent and gain a little more speed. She will be skating in Russian nationals, won't she?

Yes, she will.
And I agree, she's adorable!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Yaaay!! :dance:
Sotskova has done a very good job at her first senior Russian Nationals. Beating a former World silver medalist who has also shown strong skating this season is a really big accomplishment. Good job Audrey Sotskova :cheer2:

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
I'm pretty sure she will!

I just hope that she also skates her best in JW like she did in LP yesterday. One thing I noticed from the FS event is that she actually smiled at the end of her program! Wish we see her smile like that more :)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I'm pretty sure she will!

I just hope that she also skates her best in JW like she did in LP yesterday. One thing I noticed from the FS event is that she actually smiled at the end of her program! Wish we see her smile like that more :)

She was smiling all the time during her exhibiton after winning JGP final gold last season.
See the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9AWeL1aDpQ

I really love her smile, too!! And I really liked this Nuevo Tango program she used as SP before.

gotoschool

Medalist
Does anyone know the jump combination that Maria did in the Junior Grand Prix final freeskate that got such a high point value? I know it is one of the most difficult combinations and I know one of the jumps is a lutz, but I can't find the protocols anywhere. I hope she is able to skate great in her LP at Junior Nationals.

sabinfire

Doing the needful
Record Breaker
С днем рождения!
И светлой Пасхи тебе, Мария!! (Happy Birthday and Happy Easter!)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you for sharing. Very interesting girl.

Basil

On the Ice
Oh, i didn't simply share it, i'm the translator) Glad to help you learn more about great skaters.

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Oh, i didn't simply share it, i'm the translator) Glad to help you learn more about great skaters.

oh cool!

then thanks for translating it! :bow: do you have other interviews that you are planning to translate? (not entirely about masha but for other skaters too) :eek:::popcorn: