Maria Sotskova | Page 46 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

LynsJ

On the Ice
that was a tough skate. I’d love to see her get back to her best. [emoji178] the music is a lovely choice for her style

DenissVFan

Medalist
I hope Maria doesn't listen to the detractors. She's still young. A lot can change in a season or two.

elbkup

Power without conscience is a savage weapon
Medalist
Country
United-States
I love her height which I believe in my soul could be used to much greater advantage artistically but one not yet explored.. she is likely capable of gorgeous long extension, fluidity like we have never seen before, reminescent of Carolina Kostner. Would love her team do something along those lines with her... she has a delightful flair for comedy too, remembering her Kalinka EX..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AqjrnjUC-fM

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love her height which I believe in my soul could be used to much greater advantage artistically but one not yet explored.. she is likely capable of gorgeous long extension, fluidity like we have never seen before, reminescent of Carolina Kostner. Would love her team do something along those lines with her... she has a delightful flair for comedy too, remembering her Kalinka EX..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AqjrnjUC-fM

Well they tried to give Kalinka to her for her Olympic FP and she said no.......

Comments after IdF FP:
Sotskova after the failure at the Grand Prix stage: I am not going to end my career

Russian figure skater Maria Sotskova said that she did not intend to end her career, despite the poor result at the Grand Prix stage in France.

“I don’t know where the next start will be. I’ll come home, I have a lot to think about, what to make out. What specific mistakes have I made in preparing and working. I won’t stop the training process, but I can’t say anything about the speeches. In general, I should have a pass to the Russian championship, but at the moment I don’t know where they will start. There is still time. We will work on myself, on my emotional and physical condition. But I can say that I love my job and I’m not going to finish "- said Sotskova journalist m

"I am glad that I have the opportunity to speak, ride, that I have people who support me. In general, everything is fine, everything is going as it should. Today, as never before I felt the support of the audience. Everyone was screaming, there were a lot of flags “Of course, I’m not used to it, but for some reason today I felt it so keenly,” the skater noted.
https://rsport.ria.ru/20191102/1560531584.html

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I haven't watched Maria's FS at IDF, I did see her SP though. She's clearly having a tough time, but I'm happy to see she's planning to continue. I hope she can work through the issues and skate well again. :cheer:

Nice to hear the IDF crowd was supportive! :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maria will not perform at the Russian Figure Skating Championship, which will be held from December 24 to 29 in Krasnoyarsk.

“I miss this championship of Russia, I won’t compete for health reasons. Now, I think, we need to deal closely with this issue, ”Sotskova said.

https://m.sports.ru/figure-skating/1080876646.html

eterislouisvuitton

On the Ice
It seems like she is doing well in her studies, and has no plans to return to competitive figure skating in the near future. I guess we all know, and she must know, that there is no more room for her if she wants to come back to the national team. There is a huge influx of girls coming up every year that make the past generations, even the beautiful skaters, run for their money. Welp, Masha was once one of them. :slink:

I would love to see her in some shows though!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maria announces her retirement:

When you first felt the taste of victory, it seems to you that this will never end. Unfortunately, this is not so, and it all ends sometime!
My path was thorny, but very interesting and colorful.I had the best mentors, each in its own way unique and loved. I was lucky to work with a large and friendly team. I am grateful to God for my parents who gave me such a life, supported my every move, experienced my every fall and rejoiced in every victory.
The time has come to tell you about my feelings, experiences that I kept for a very long time.

An unsuccessful season followed after the Olympics, but I knew that these were temporary difficulties that I could overcome. Realizing that I had not yet revealed my full potential, I fought. I always had sincere love for everything I did. But there are circumstances that slowly destroyed my faith, put so impassable obstacles, and the realization came that this is the end. The end of my sports career. Factors appeared that in no way shook my strength, but did not allow me to fight, despite my desire. Even the long and difficult work with psychologists was not able to help properly. After hard experiences, I began to have health problems that finally led to such a difficult decision for me.

Unable to turn back the clock. One message does not fit all that is important for me to say. My soul is torn. With tears in my eyes, I remember and all my life I will remember people who put their strength, faith, time and love into me.

No words are enough to express what is in my soul.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCYeMVypSM6/?igshid=lilz66qkdqo7

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats to Maria. She's getting married soon! Happy for her and her fiance!!! Many years of happiness ahead :hap93:

Athlete's trainer Svetlana Sokolovskaya - “I knew about the end of my career back in November. And of course I supported. Masha is very nice to me. I know that everything that happened in her life has died down. Time is healing. She is an honest man, and now she’s getting ready for her wedding "Masha has a long and happy journey ahead! Go ahead, Masha!"

https://m.vk.com/wall-101976102_147285?from=feed#comments

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry to see her retire. I hope that she will be invited to some ice shows, she is a beautiful skater.

Congratulations on her upcoming wedding, I hope there will be lots of pictures. So we know who she is marrying?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm sorry to see her retire. I hope that she will be invited to some ice shows, she is a beautiful skater.

Congratulations on her upcoming wedding, I hope there will be lots of pictures. So we know who she is marrying?

No. I always thought she would look good with Samarin :laugh:

I hope there are lots of pics too. I imagine the wedding/reception will be quite stylish :luv17:

pandatours

On the Ice
I'm honestly quite sad about Maria's retirement, though the writing seemed on the wall for quite some time. She seemed to put so much pressure on herself after her Olympic performance but she had so many lovely qualities. I would love to see her develop as a choreographer!