Maria Sotskova | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
Maria Sotskova

With her unique elegance on ice, I hope you continue to follow her career!

Programs
SeasonSPLPEX
2014 - 2015Winter from The Four Seasons (Vivaldi)Funny Face and Breakfast at Tiffany'sTous les garcons et les filles (Hardy)
2013 - 2014Nuevo Tango (Aires) / Winter from The Four Seasons (Vivaldi)PinaNuevo Tango (Aires)
2012 - 2013Nuevo Tango (Aires)PinaN/A
2011 - 2012N/ANocturne No. 20 in C-sharp minor (Chopin)N/A

Results

2014 - 2015
EventSPLPTotalRank
2015 Junior Worlds53.95115.09169.045th
2015 Russian Senior Nationals61.66124.40186.066th
2014 JGP Final62.28113.71175.994th
2014 JGP Croatia58.48112.33170.811st
2014 JGP Estonia52.06107.61159.672nd

2013 - 2014
EventSPLPTotalRank
2014 Russian Junior Nationals64.26127.43191.692nd
2013 JGP Final61.29115.46176.751st
2013 JGP Czech Republic57.74107.85165.592nd
2013 JGP Latvia59.45107.04166.492nd

2012 - 2013
EventSPLPTotalRank
2013 Russian Junior Nationals58.83122.29181.123rd
personal bests highlighted in bold

Links
FSRussia.ru profile - http://fsrussia.ru/biografiya/90-sotskova-maria.html#личные-данные

ISU profile - http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00034440.htm

IG - https://instagram.com/m_a_r_i_y_/

FSkate.ru profile - http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/1838.html

Wiki - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maria_Sotskova

IN profile - http://web.icenetwork.com/skaters/profile/maria_sotskova

Last edited:

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I will always love her presence on ice!! Hope she becomes one of the rising stars in senior arena after 2018 Olympics.

The Finn

Record Breaker
- Why Sotskova the new season remained in the juniors?
- So we decided in the federation. They said that this season you need to speak in juniors. And although we will begin the season on the Junior, we want to participate in the adult stages of the Cup of Russia and well show themselves in the adult championship of Russia.

- What are the goals set for pupil in the new season?
- Now we have clarity on the steps of the Junior Grand Prix. Where we act, we are told, after rolling, to which we are preparing intensively. Of course, you need to be selected to the final of the Grand Prix. Also, Masha age takes place at the Youth Olympic Games, but the maximum quota of the country - two participants. Of course, we want to take part and express themselves in the junior world championships and at the Junior Olympics. We will try (smiling). Although it happens that you hope for one thing, and it turns out totally different (laughs).

From team-russia2014.ru.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Maria's music choices for next season:
SP to "Black Magic Woman" by Santana
FS to "Romeo and Juliet" by Prokofiev

Looks like short program will be something original. I love her all programs so far, I'm looking forward to see the new ones.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I love this girl. Can't wait to see her skate again!!!!

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Maria's music choices for next season:
SP to "Black Magic Woman" by Santana
FS to "Romeo and Juliet" by Prokofiev

Looks like short program will be something original. I love her all programs so far, I'm looking forward to see the new ones.

Source: http://www.team-russia2014.ru/article/figur/22250.html

Google translated interview
Maria Sotskova: in the short program I have Black Magic Woman Carlos Santana, in any - music from the ballet "Romeo and Juliet"
28.07.2015 14:50:01 | Figure skating | News

The winner of the final of the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2013 Maria Sotskova completed the collection in the United States under the leadership of Rafael Arutyunyan. On the new productions of the special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Natalia Plekhanov told myself 15-year-old Maria Sotskova.

- The main impressions of the fee in America? - Asked Mary Sotskova. - A lot of them. There was a lot of ice - a day for five hours, sometimes more. When the set program, I remained still for three hours to catch everything. It is also engaged in the hall - an average of three hours a day. I lived in California, in the city of Seal Beach on the ocean with an American family. With a group of Rafael V. Harutyunyan made good friends, we even shed a few tears when I left, all now very bored (laughs). At the rink always reigned friendly atmosphere: all smiles, and when you clean thou keep the jump - clap, just like the competition. Rafael Vladimirovich is very good, a lot of my praise. Just does not like when athletes do "butterfly" - single jumps (smiles). With him, we are accumulating the items made them with different approaches, the program rolled. Short was ready to collect, but America, I have corrected it. On weekends, we had no training on the rink, we went to another - and there I met with Olympic champion Ekaterina Gordeeva and Ilia Kulik. And I even Ilya Something tells, when he came to our rink.

- What is your new short program?
- In the short program I - Black Magic Woman Carlos Santana. Staging process short program went to Moscow. Nadia came Kanaeva, offered a song. I listened to - and did not understand how it can be put under the program: it seemed to me that music plays a background. But then we started to try on the ice - and I felt like it. The work went very quickly, everything worked. I stand in the way of magical girls, something like a witch. There's a melody sounds like a salsa, Oriental motifs. The idea of ​​the program I really like, I got used to the image.

- What show in any program?
- The idea of ​​any program belongs to me. We have long thought what to choose. And then I just said, always wanted to ride the "Romeo and Juliet." Her many who ride, so we decided to take a passage from the New York Ballet. There Juliet - a playful girl who offers grooms Paris, she refused, quarreled with his parents - and killed himself, the sounds of Prokofiev march. The story we have shifted to the program. I came to America after a rest, has not been able to meet only one and a half weeks to get started. It was difficult, just completed the last week of collection. For rim was Vera A. Harutyunyan. The mood was easier for me to skate the short program - There is a passage in any aggressive music, I'm in such a manner has not yet appeared, it was unusual to get used to.

- You are preparing a new show room?
- And we have prepared in the last season before the World Junior Championships. And I rode it to the demonstrations on May 9 in the rink "Dream" in Bibirevo. The music chosen Vera A. Arutyunyan - Tous les garçons et les filles French actress and singer Francoise Hardy. It is sung about a lonely young girl, but the image is not close to me (smiles). This program we will leave for the new season.

- Technically complicate the planning of the program?
- We leave the old set. In the long program, and so only two jump elements are in the first part. I will be to roll, to improve what I can.

- What are your goals for the season?
- Last year I had a goal - to get the adult championship of Russia in the "six". I reached her. In the new season, I want to enter the top three, but we have strong competition.

Basil

On the Ice
Cleaned it up.

Maria Sotskova: in the short program I will have Black Magic Woman by Carlos Santana, in free - music from the ballet "Romeo and Juliet"

The winner of the final of the Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating 2013 Maria Sotskova completed the bootcamp in the United States under the leadership of Rafael Arutyunyan. 15-year-old Maria tells about her new programs to the special correspondent of the portal TEAM RUSSIA-2014 Natalia Plekhanova.

- The main impressions from the bootcamp in America? - asked Maria Sotskova. - A lot of them. There was a lot of ice - five hours a day, sometimes more. When we were staging the programs, I remained for three more hours to be able to do everything. I also trained in the gym - an average of three hours a day. I lived in California, in the city of Seal Beach near the ocean with an American family. We became very friendly with the group of Rafael V. Harutyunyan, we even shed a few tears when I left and now I miss them very much (laughs). At the rink always reigned friendly atmosphere: everyone was smiling, and when you perform a clean jump - clap, just like at the competition. Rafael Vladimirovich is very good, gave me a lot of praise. He just does not like when athletes do "butterflies" - single jumps (smiles). With him, we were training elements, tried them with different enters, repeated performances. Short program was ready before the bootcamp, but in America I got it corrected. On weekends, we had no training on the rink, we went to another - and there I met with Olympic champion Ekaterina Gordeeva and Ilia Kulik. Ilya even taught me something, when he came to our rink.

- What is your new short program?
- In the short program I have Black Magic Woman by Carlos Santana. Staging process of the short program was in Moscow. Nadia Kanaeva came by and offered a song. I listened - and did not understand how it can be made into a program: it seemed to me that music played somewhere on the background. But then we started to try it on the ice - and I felt that like it. The work went very quickly, everything worked. I will perform as a magical girl something like a witch. There's a melody that sounds like a salsa, Oriental motifs. The idea of the program I really like, I got used to the image.

- What will you show in the free program?
- The idea of the free program belongs to me. We have long thought abot what to choose. And then I just said that I always wanted to skate the "Romeo and Juliet." Many people skated it, so we decided to take a passage from the New York Ballet. Juliet there is a playful girl who was offers Paris as a groom, she refused, quarreled with his parents - and killed herself, to the sounds of Prokofiev march. The story we imposed on the program. I came to America after a rest, has not been able to pull myself together, began the work after one and a half weeks. It was difficult, we finished on the last week of the bootcamp. Vera A. Harutyunyan was near me. The mood was easier for me to skate in the short program - there is a passage of an aggressive music, I never skated with such image, it was unusual to get used to.

- You are preparing a new exhibition?
- We have prepared it in the last season before the World Junior Championships. And I skated it at the exhibitions on May 9 in the rink "Dream" in Bibirevo. The music was chosen by Vera A. Arutyunyan – “Tous les garçons et les filles” by French actress and singer Francoise Hardy. It is a song about a lonely young girl, but the image is not close to me (smiles). This program we will leave for the new season.

- Increased the technical difficulty of the programs?
- We left the old set. In the free program only two jump elements are in the first part. I will skate it to improve what I already can perform.

- What are your goals for the season?
- Last year I had a goal - to get in the six at adult championship of Russia. I reached her. In the new season, I want to enter the top three, but we have strong competition.

Last edited: