Maria Sotskova | Page 8 | Golden Skate

Maria Sotskova

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
Can we say that she will qualify to JGP final for sure after this win? She will compete with Serafima, Wakaba and Mai Mihara in Austria.

They could just move either her or Sima out, she scored about 6 points higher than Mihara, and I'm pretty sure gold+third beats anyone without a gold. Her scores are also pretty high as well.

usethis2

Medalist
She reminds me so much of young Asada. Straight back, soft knee-bend, such a light quality on the ice.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist

witcher

Match Penalty
Bravo Masha!!! :clap::points:

I think she was happier in K&C here than in Riga, still you can tell she would love to beat Polina Tsurskaya's season's best of 189,50. ;)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Beauty on Ice...

She says her favorite skater is Asada Mao....can you tell? :)

If I'm not mistaken, she has stated that her favorite skater is Carolina Kostner in her previous interview at JGP Riga.

Imagine

Medalist
:drama: Oh what a betrayal! I guess her favorite skater used to be Mao. Just kidding though, Carolina is perfect as well so whoever this girl is studying, she needs to keep it up.

QLutz

On the Ice
love this lady. quickly becoming my 2nd fav after yulia. maybe most consistently interesting programs of any lady jr & sr in the last few seasons? didn't think i'd like the superhero thing but now i love it. the last performance was beautiful. loved the interview afterward, and the akward moment when she didn't understand the question. good to see her doing better after last season. can't wait for jgpf.

kalee

On the Ice
Now that the JGP series has concluded, I'm really impressed by what Maria Sotskova has achieved in terms of season-over-season improvement. Gaining so much height and also the puberty changes can't be easy yet she has been able to make a quantum leap in her LP scores and also deliver more mature programs. :cheer2:

witcher

Match Penalty
Yep, that was fine, near perfect skate. Congrats Masha! :cheer2:
Was a bit worried after SP, unnecessarily.