Entries for JGP 2014 Czech Skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Entries for JGP 2014 Czech Skate

elle_e

On the Ice
Why is Gubanova skating pairs? I've only seen footage of her skating singles.

Someone might have to confirm this but I'm pretty sure that there are two girls of the same name. Anastasia Gubanova, the singles skater is not yet eligible for juniors.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Someone might have to confirm this but I'm pretty sure that there are two girls of the same name. Anastasia Gubanova, the singles skater is not yet eligible for juniors.

Well that isn't confusing:laugh: Thx!!

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
I had watched last year's Russian senior nationals, and I can say that Anastasia Gubanova entering this competition in pairs discipline is not that multi-talented single ladies skater. :laugh:

Country
Russia
I had watched last year's Russian senior nationals, and I can say that Anastasia Gubanova entering this competition in pairs discipline is not that multi-talented single ladies skater. :laugh:

Pair skater Anastasia Gubanova (born at 2000) and single skater with same name (born at 2002) are different persons.
Pair skater is mid-level, single is extremely talented.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
No, but both his parents are Russians, and both his first name and surname is Russian.

If being a Czech citizen, representing this country and being born in the Czech Republic means Sinicyn is not Czech, then this way half of the skaters representing Canada are not Canadians. The same goes for every multinational country.

jace93

On the Ice
is it just me or the men competition level is incredibly low? why didn't someone from America, Japan or Russia sent a stronger skater here instead then having them skate against each other on other JGP

hanca

Record Breaker
If being a Czech citizen, representing this country and being born in the Czech Republic means Sinicyn is not Czech, then this way half of the skaters representing Canada are not Canadians. The same goes for every multinational country.

Being born in the UK doesn't give you automatically British citizenship. Only if you parents were British citizens or had leave to remain indefinitely at the time of your birth.
If a Japanese couple moves to your country, have in your country a child, will bring the child within Japanese culture including giving it Japannese name which makes the child stand out, but they will arrange for themselves your citizenship, will you feel that they are from your country? On papers yes, but in reality? I know that if you move to Japan, people won't consider you or your children Japanese even if you got Japanese citizenship. I suppose being Czech is not only about what paperwork you can get but the way you were brought up.

jace93

On the Ice
Being born in the UK doesn't give you automatically British citizenship. Only if you parents were British citizens or had leave to remain indefinitely at the time of your birth.
If a Japanese couple moves to your country, have in your country a child, will bring the child within Japanese culture including giving it Japannese name which makes the child stand out, but they will arrange for themselves your citizenship, will you feel that they are from your country? On papers yes, but in reality? I know that if you move to Japan, people won't consider you or your children Japanese even if you got Japanese citizenship. I suppose being Czech is not only about what paperwork you can get but the way you were brought up.

It's also true that Japan differently from Europe is pretty isolated and for years had harsh policy against immigration, while here in Europe especially after the birth of the EU it has become pretty easy to transfer and start living elsewhere=) and even if a child stand out because of his features or his name if he is born in a state and is integrated in the community why should he be considered a stranger?

hanca

Record Breaker
True, but if you want to be considered a national of other country, maybe a good start would be accepting that country's culture, including giving your child a name that won't make him stand out as a sore thumb. Alexandr is typically Russian name, not Czech. And even better, it might be a good idea to choose a country your country haven't occupied by force for over 20 years. Yes, he was born in Prague, but only just a few years after Czech people managed to get rid of Russian soldiers and their tanks. So you can't be that surprised that I really don't consider him Czech.

Pippuripihvi

Final Flight
True, but if you want to be considered a national of other country, maybe a good start would be accepting that country's culture, including giving your child a name that won't make him stand out as a sore thumb. Alexandr is typically Russian name, not Czech. And even better, it might be a good idea to choose a country your country haven't occupied by force for over 20 years. Yes, he was born in Prague, but only just a few years after Czech people managed to get rid of Russian soldiers and their tanks. So you can't be that surprised that I really don't consider him Czech.
I don't see how he is guilty in the name he was given or in the Soviet Union politics. Unless you believe that sons are guilty for the sins of their fathers. But you are ready to forgive him if he wins a medal.

hanca

Record Breaker
I don't see how he is guilty in the name he was given or in the Soviet Union politics. Unless you believe that sons are guilty for the sins of their fathers. But you are ready to forgive him if he wins a medal.

I am not saying that he is guilty. I am not implying that Russian occupation of Czechoslovakia was his fault, but it is his problem. That's two completely different things. Sometimes something is not your fault and yet it is your problem. Me saying that I will forgive him if he brings a medal was a tongue in cheek. Not seriously. I have nothing to forgive him, because he did not do anything to me. But I still don't believe that he is Czech. You can have your opinion and I have mine; nothing you can do about it. It is how I feel and I am sure I am not the only one.

If after WW2 Germans people tried to move to your country, would they be welcome there? You can say the same - that you can't blame these particular people who would be trying to immigrate for the whole war. And yet they wouldn't be welcome. They might manage to get citizenship and yet people would not consider them quite citizen. It wouldn't be their fault, but it would be their problem.