Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
A short interview with Plushenko was published where he praised K/S highly. It seems they have inspired him to keep going until 2018.

Google translation:

Two-time Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko shared viewing experience starting at the Grand Prix and said sure skating pair Yuko Kawaguchi - Alexander Smirnov.

"I've watched the first season in Grand Prix Skate America. Very happy for the girls - Lisa Tuktamysheva and Radionchika. But Smirnov and Kawaguchi I just rocked! I'll go to the tenth Olympic Games if Sasha and Yuko dokatat to Korea, and there is still gold take. And it will take, if the ride will be like in the US.

I could not take my eyes off them. What a perfect output, what two luxury sheepskin, double axel. Quadruple the release - even then I do not have words, but what else besides this was the release of triple loop! Support crazy.

I just know that they have experienced before Sochi. Sasha knee injury, torn ligaments. But still come to the rink without dropping the hands, the other would have given up, and he's been training, trying to get back.

Do not I realize that he came through, because I myself went through the same overcome. But I will never regret it, it's an indescribable feeling - when you step over the boundaries of the impossible "- quoted Plushenko" Soviet sport ".

Macassar88

Medalist
They do! :rock: They do!!!

But I would like to know, :confused: what are the luxury sheepskin about????

I think it's triple toes - because they do two in combo and one double axel

I to was amazed by them. I absolutely LOVE the program. Just not a fan of the last lift where it is. I don't think it fits with the music there and it really bothers me - I think that a lift where she can emote with her arms would be better suited.

LRK

Record Breaker
Yay, Plushy - he's so right! They were absolutely wonderful!

And

:rofl:

at the "luxury sheepskins" - yes, I believe they are triple toes. (Oh, and, not in this article, but "greenhouse" is for whatever unearthly reason... pair skater.)

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
A short interview with Plushenko was published where he praised K/S highly. It seems they have inspired him to keep going until 2018.

Google translation:

Two-time Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko shared viewing experience starting at the Grand Prix and said sure skating pair Yuko Kawaguchi - Alexander Smirnov.

"I've watched the first season in Grand Prix Skate America. Very happy for the girls - Lisa Tuktamysheva and Radionchika. But Smirnov and Kawaguchi I just rocked! I'll go to the tenth Olympic Games if Sasha and Yuko dokatat to Korea, and there is still gold take. And it will take, if the ride will be like in the US.

I could not take my eyes off them. What a perfect output, what two luxury sheepskin, double axel. Quadruple the release - even then I do not have words, but what else besides this was the release of triple loop! Support crazy.

I just know that they have experienced before Sochi. Sasha knee injury, torn ligaments. But still come to the rink without dropping the hands, the other would have given up, and he's been training, trying to get back.

Do not I realize that he came through, because I myself went through the same overcome. But I will never regret it, it's an indescribable feeling - when you step over the boundaries of the impossible "- quoted Plushenko" Soviet sport ".
Thank you! Respect from one determined veteran to another. :yes:

Now let's hope our greenhouses go out there with their luxury sheepskins to conquer the world, after people thought their time had passed.

LRK

Record Breaker

Now let's hope our greenhouses go out there with their luxury sheepskins to conquer the world, after people thought their time had passed.

Hear, hear! :)

unico

Final Flight

:laugh:
Really wishing the best for this team, I think their programs are so good :yes:

anyanka

Record Breaker
I can't stop watching their Skate America FS. Can't wait to see them at NHK, Yuko gets to skate back in Japan, and I'd like to see them go mano-a-mano with Duhamel and Radford's throw quad. If both land theirs, then we could be in for a great battle at GPF and worlds!

LRK

Record Breaker
Oh! Congratulations, Yuko! May this be a better and more successful year than ever before! And thank you and Smirnov for continuing on and giving us fans so much beauty and joy to watch!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
GPF free skate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFfENta-2BM

Coming last sounds really bad, but it was a very well-skated pairs free. Yuko and Alexander performed their free program with only minor errors. Sadly, the short program knocked them out, and they got what I could only describe as "early group PCS."

I'm happy this FS got at least 2/3 good outings. And maybe it'll get more. :)

Meoima

Match Penalty
I think they were underscored but that's to be expected with the bad SP. Still I love their LP so much. I hope they will do much better at Nationals.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Came here to say I love their FS. It's so brilliant. I hope they rock it at Nationals and Worlds!