Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17

adelia

Record Breaker
Presentation wise, the only pair really worth watching yesterday. Sadly, that seems to be the direction that Pair skating has been heading in the past several years.

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
They're pretty much guaranteed to go to Europeans and Worlds, right? Russian shouldn't have enough high-level pairs of knock off K/S even if V/T come back this season.

Alba

Record Breaker
They're pretty much guaranteed to go to Europeans and Worlds, right? Russian shouldn't have enough high-level pairs of knock off K/S even if V/T come back this season.

I think so yeah. Although the young russians T&M, A&R are really good, but I don't think K&S will have a problem there. Besides, Moskvina still count for something, right?

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
According to this interview with Tamara Moskvina, K/S will perform in the exhibition for the opening of the new school in St. Petersburg this week.

adelia

Record Breaker
According to this interview with Tamara Moskvina, K/S will perform in the exhibition for the opening of the new school in St. Petersburg this week.
Oh really? That's great! It's the new Moskvina-Mishin school right? So maybe we will see some of Mishin's students too. Hopefully there will be videos.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Oh really? That's great! It's the new Moskvina-Mishin school right? So maybe we will see some of Mishin's students too. Hopefully there will be videos.

Yes, it is and I hope we will get to see the performances...maybe Petrov will skate too. I'm sure there will be a fair amount of media there.

anyanka

Record Breaker
I think so yeah. Although the young russians T&M, A&R are really good, but I don't think K&S will have a problem there. Besides, Moskvina still count for something, right?

I'm with you there. S/K are the solid #1 right now, I've read in the V/T thread that they wouldn't be ready since he's still recovering, and K/S look much more developed artistically than younger teams like T/M et al. Expecting (and excited!) to see Yuko & Sasha and E/W 2015.

Alba

Record Breaker
I'm with you there. S/K are the solid #1 right now, I've read in the V/T thread that they wouldn't be ready since he's still recovering, and K/S look much more developed artistically than younger teams like T/M et al. Expecting (and excited!) to see Yuko & Sasha and E/W 2015.

I really do hope to see them in the podium at Europeans, no problems ther me think, but above all at Worlds.

V&K are not going to be at national or euros. Maxim has already left for Germany last night, and is doing a rehabilitation for a month there. Mozer said that a couple of weeks ago.

Snow63

Pray one day we'll open our eyes.
Record Breaker
K/S officially confirmed that they are going to participate in Russian Nationals. Not sure if it was posted somewhere.

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
From K/S's VK page: "The opening ceremony was successful. It was attended by
Alexander Gorshkov and Valentin Piseyev. In demonstrations attended Yuko Kawaguchi and Alexander Smirnov, Elizabeth Tuktamysheva, Alena Leonova."

I don't think there's any video of them, unfortunately. A brief news clip is on this page, but it just shows a little bit of Mishin & Moskvina & some children skating.

edit: some fancams have been added to the VK page:

https://vk.com/club57301410

They skated to "Dark Eyes"

Last edited:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
Thank you! Love the lifts. Yuko's flexibility is amazing. And Alexander... :jaw: (anyone who watched the video will know which part I'm talking about).

(Btw, I love your new custom title. :biggrin:)

I guess he has to live up to his Chinese nickname. :biggrin:

The custom title was a tribute to Plushy, Kostya, and Sergei, but Yuko & Sasha certainly qualify, too! (ok, maybe she's a Japanese-by-way-of-Russia silver fox)

Here's another short article about the school (with an adorable photo of Mishin & Moskvina).

PETERSBURG, December 18th. / Correspondent. TASS Boris Jodorowsky /. In the sports complex "Jubilee" was the opening ceremony of the school skating Tamara Moskvina and Alexei Mishin "Star ice". Coaches from St. Petersburg, who spoke in his time in the sport couple of years of work produced two Olympic champions in men's figure skating and four - in sports pairs.

Throughout the coaching career Moskvin and Mishin worked in "Jubilee." In recent years they have tried hard to implement a project of his own school, but opened it just now. Alexander became the director of the school Korchagin, who worked in the organizing committee "Sochi-2014".
"At first, our school will rent the ice in the" Jubilee ", but at the same time receive organizational and financial independence, - said Moskvin. - We hope that investors will be able to find other sources of financing for the construction of its own rink. To win the battle, you need to get involved in fight. "
Philosophy formulated a new school Mishin. "Right now, the main forces of figure skating concentrated in Moscow, - he said. - For the development of our sport is not very good. The opening of a new school in St. Petersburg will spur competition."
St. Petersburg Governor Georgy Poltavchenko at the opening of the school on Thursday promised that in the future it will be located in the new sports complex with two ice arenas, which will be built in 2016 in Krasnogvardeysky district.

Meoima

Match Penalty
V/T is officially out of Nationals. I hope Yuko and Sasha can have a better chance at Nationals. Or at least pleased do that LP some more justice.