Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17 | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Yuko Kavaguti & Alexander Smirnov - ret. after 2016/17

deedee1

Record Breaker
I love their two programs so much. NO other pair teams can ever perform the way they do this season.

Here's my wish on Christmas Eve: Yuko and Sasha will get onto the podium at the upcoming Nats, hopefully win the Title! :)
Best of luck to Yuko and Sasha at Russian Nationals! :cheer:

Perdita

Final Flight
This is my first time to write here but I'm wishing them the best of luck! :cheer:
Very happy to know they did well in SP.

Actually I've never seen pairs before, as I was too scared for accidents to happen.
But this season, I was so astonished by their performance in NHK EX and watched their past programmes on youtube over and over again. Wish if I had known them long time before.
Anyway, hope to see them in the Worlds! Good luck!

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
Thank you!

Am curious what would happen if I listened to my father and went to hockey when I was 7. But I chose figure skating. I said `dad, look how many girls are there!'.
:rofl: So even back then, eh?

Best of luck to them at Europeans. I'm happy they didn't retire--or else we wouldn't have seen that incredible LP.

s_parks

Record Breaker
Congratulations on winning the gold! Their lp is so great; I'm glad they performed it as good as they did here. Hope they can skate it flawlessly at worlds! :yes:

Sandpiper

Record Breaker
See, comebacks do pay off. :yay: Congratulations Yuko and Sasha, the 2015 European champions!

Yuko, I know you said you're not thinking of Worlds yet, but I am--and unless P/T blow the roof off at 4CC, you guys are my pick for World champions. :cheer2:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
This is so exciting. Gold medals for Mishin and Moskvina's students this weekend...could this be the beginning of a great St. Petersburg revival for skating? I really hope so!

Meoima

Match Penalty
See, comebacks do pay off. :yay: Congratulations Yuko and Sasha, the 2015 European champions!
Yuko, I know you said you're not thinking of Worlds yet, but I am--and unless P/T blow the roof off at 4CC, you guys are my pick for World champions. :cheer2:
The veterans have so much to show, don't they? I just love their programs this season.
Congrats.

MamaD

Spectator
The veterans have so much to show, don't they? I just love their programs this season.
Congrats.

We were there. It was beautiful and moving. They deserved to win. I worry that one more injury will mean retirement for them but happy to see them skate and win.

LRK

Record Breaker
Congratulations! I missed the competition, but am so looking forward to seeing their performance! I did just watch their EX - lovely as always.:)

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Congratulations :love:

A very brilliant performance from Yuko and Sasha!! I'm glad they are back on top of the podium. Such hardworking people that fought through injury. I wish they will achieve more before retirement.