5 Katharina MÜLLER / Tim DIECK GER
6 Kimberly BERKOVICH / Ronald ZILBERBERG ISR
7 Eva KHACHATURIAN / Andrei BAGIN RUS
8 Daria MOROZOVA / Mikhail ZHIRNOV RUS
9 Maria GOLUBTSOVA / Kirill BELOBROV UKR
10 Angelina SINKEVYCH / Yegor YEGOROV UKR
11 Rachel PARSONS / Michael PARSONS USA
12 Elliana POGREBINSKY / Alex BENOIT USA

It's interesting to see that Sergei Davydov is now a coach in Tschaikovskaya's club alongside Kotin. Nice that Georgia has another skater.

An Indian and an Indonesian skater are listed as well. Sweet! And two skaters from New Zealand. There haven't been many of those (apparently Allie Rout is now back to figure skating, btw).
Two skaters from Argentina listed also.

Mongolia's Maral-Erdene Gansukh didn't compete last season but it look that she's back.

Great to see so many skaters from developing countries.

hanca

Record Breaker
The the fight for spots in Russian ladies is insane. If Sakhanovich, Proklova, Medvedeva, Sotskova get 2 JGP each (which they deserve, considering how well they all did last year), there will be only 6 spots remaining to be split between: Yushchenko, Kayumova, Pervushkina, Kolomiets, Ogoreltseva. At the moment Yushchenko, Kayumova, Pervushkina have one spot each, Kolomiets has already two spots, Ogoreltseva none. I know it will change depending outcome of the test skates that take place around this time, but if the Federation keeps two spots for Sakhanovich, Proklova, Medvedeva, Sotskova, there is at this moment only one unallocated spot left.

Alex, any news from the test skates?

Country
Russia
SP.
Girls.
Kolomiets WD, I don't know why.
Proklova skated without jumps. She is after injury and may be not ready to JGP.
Medvedeva and Sakhanovich good. Also good too young for JGP Tsurskaya. All three - Tutberidze's girls.
Somebody told Sakhanovich lost her individual style.
Sotskova and Kajumova - not so good jumps.
Iuschenko - not really ready, she chanded coach few days ago, but may be ready in short time.
Boys.
Petrov and Bernadines good, Gumennik and Efimchuk too.
Aliev - many falls from jumps.
Samarin, Taranenko and Efremenlkov were not at test skate.

FS is today, info will be soon.

catchie

On the Ice
Watch out for Diana NIKITINA (LAT)!

Maybe not a contender for medals, but definitely a wunderkid here!

This is her first year as a junior, but has had some real success as a novice skater.
Easily wins every national competition by far margin (usually 10-20 points).
As much as I can search, her best result nationally was 114.69 (SP 41.51 + FS 73.18) and internationally - 111.03 (SP 42.97 + FS 68.06).
Has all 5 triples except axel.
Is able to do 3T+3T and 3Lz+2T.
Also honorable mention - competed with Russian wunderkid Gubanova at Warsaw Cup 2013, beat her in the SP and was 1st, but after FS dropped to 2nd overall.
Is a real hopeful here, because, well, someone who can do all the triples is already some kind of a miracle in Latvia! :D She would easily beat all our Juniors (best ones here have 3S, 3T and MAYBE shaky and underrotated 3Lo) and Seniors (Fjodorova. Headcasing. No comments needed.)

There are her last years programs:
SP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po2kpEd6I24
FS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxdfPYsjJD0

Stupid music indeed. But it's such common thing in Latvia to have that.

Crossing fingers for her!

hanca

Record Breaker
SP.
Girls.
Kolomiets WD, I don't know why.
Proklova skated without jumps. She is after injury and may be not ready to JGP.
Medvedeva and Sakhanovich good. Also good too young for JGP Tsurskaya. All three - Tutberidze's girls.
Somebody told Sakhanovich lost her individual style.
Sotskova and Kajumova - not so good jumps.
Iuschenko - not really ready, she chanded coach few days ago, but may be ready in short time.
Boys.
Petrov and Bernadines good, Gumennik and Efimchuk too.
Aliev - many falls from jumps.
Samarin, Taranenko and Efremenlkov were not at test skate.

FS is today, info will be soon.

If Kolomiets WD, will they pull her from her JGP event?

Kayumova did not do well with jumps last year either, so no surprise there. But Sotskova!!! :disapp:

What do you mean by "Somebody told Sakhanovich lost her individual style.". Is it just a gossip? You haven't seen it?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sotskova had a groin injury :eek: and grew several cm's and said herself she was having issues with catch foot moves due to the adjustment.

Everything coming from Sakhanovich camp is that she is pumped to show the world that she is better. Apparently she has a new spin position that hasn't been done yet. :confused2:

Catchie, Diana Nikitina indeed looks very promising. And you also have Angelina Kuchvalska (5th in Juniors at 2013 Warsaw Cup) who has a pretty consistent 2a, 3t and 3s so the Latvian team is probably the strongest it's ever been. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. :)

FSGMT

Record Breaker

Kayumova did not do well with jumps last year either, so no surprise there. But Sotskova!!! :disapp:

What do you mean by "Somebody told Sakhanovich lost her individual style.". Is it just a gossip? You haven't seen it?
Maybe Tutberidze is changing her presentation a little bit... anyway, I trust Eteri: so far, her skaters have never disappointed me

Country
Russia
Probably Kolomiets will be substituted by Kayumova at first JGP Event because of Kolomiets's illness.
Hope Kolomiets will have some of next JGP Events.

Kayumova did not do well with jumps last year either, so no surprise there.
At JrNats-2014 Kayumova landed all jumps both in SP and FS.
She often has very high base value, but not so high GOE and PCS.
Her base value of FS at JrNats was second after Sakhanovich. No URs or edge calls, only two elements had negative GOE, but GOE for other elements were not high.
Complicated programs, often clean but with no really positive GOE.

No.
Test skate is close, no spectators.

Open test skate will be soon, for senior team.

catchie

On the Ice
Catchie, Diana Nikitina indeed looks very promising. And you also have Angelina Kuchvalska (5th in Juniors at 2013 Warsaw Cup) who has a pretty consistent 2a, 3t and 3s so the Latvian team is probably the strongest it's ever been. I will be keeping my fingers crossed. :)

I can't agree more! Vasiljevs, Nikitina, Kuchvalska and Gaile siblings definitely make the best Junior team Latvia has ever had! Thank you for keeping your fingers crossed and I love that you always lurk around us - little countries and their skaters! :)

hanca

Record Breaker
At JrNats-2014 Kayumova landed all jumps both in SP and FS.
She often has very high base value, but not so high GOE and PCS.
Her base value of FS at JrNats was second after Sakhanovich. No URs or edge calls, only two elements had negative GOE, but GOE for other elements were not high.

Complicated programs, often clean but with no really positive GOE.

The junior nationals were her best competition and she scored pretty decently (168.64), but she still finished only 8th there, which shows the level of her competitors among Russian juniors. At the majority events she scored only in 140-160 which is not that great (comparing with other top Russian junior ladies) and at the internationals she scored much less than that (JGP 127.56, NRW trophy 139.88 - very under-average scores for Russian junior lady).

Country
Russia
The junior nationals were her best competition and she scored pretty decently (168.64), but she still finished only 8th there, which shows the level of her competitors among Russian juniors. At the majority events she scored only in 140-160 which is not that great (comparing with other top Russian junior ladies) and at the internationals she scored much less than that (JGP 127.56, NRW trophy 139.88 - very under-average scores for Russian junior lady).
JGP Event 2013 was her worst competition of season. She can do it better.

Yes, she was 8th at JrNats.
Who was ahead?
Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva - any of them could become JrWorlds Champion, if other three and Radionova allow it. Nobody else.
Iushenko - talented girl, who had Silver of JGP Event and could pretend to JGP Final (if have two Events).
Tsurskaya and Gubanova - extremely talented novices.

If she skates clean Kaiumova may pretend to JGP Final. But only may and only if.

hanca

Record Breaker
JGP Event 2013 was her worst competition of season. She can do it better.

Yes, she was 8th at JrNats.
Who was ahead?
Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva - any of them could become JrWorlds Champion, if other three and Radionova allow it. Nobody else.
Iushenko - talented girl, who had Silver of JGP Event and could pretend to JGP Final (if have two Events).
Tsurskaya and Gubanova - extremely talented novices.

If she skates clean Kaiumova may pretend to JGP Final. But only may and only if.

She probably won't though, as long as Sakhanovich, Sotskova, Proklova, Medvedeva are healthy to compete two events. The number of places in JGPF is limited and for her to get there, she may need to step up a bit. Otherwise she may be fighting for the remaining two spots at JGPF (as long as the other four compete two JGP events)

NMURA

Medalist