Kevin Reynolds | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Kevin Reynolds

seal308

Rinkside
I sent you an email. Check your inbox. Top beside user name, Notifications, then inbox.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I sent you an email. Check your inbox. Top beside user name, Notifications, then inbox.

Okay for some reason my email won't let me send it to you. They say the size is "too big." Do you a facebook or instagram that I can send it to? Or twitter?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, I'm getting nervous for Kevin. I know he has time before nationals, I'm nervous he won't be ready for Nationals in time. I just want him to show his fullest potential and not retire early.

I'm probably overreacting but is anyone else nervous?

Meoima

Match Penalty
The point is we haven't heard any more news from him. It's hard to tell how severe his injury is. But when is the Nationals?

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
About 2 months. If he's not severely injuried and it's only boots problem then he might be alright by that time.

I think if he was severely injured, we might have known. I hope those gosh-darn-freaking-awful boot problems are fixed soon. I want to burn those boots, put them in a blender, and DRINK it.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, well Skate Canada posted on their Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram a picture with Kevin and some kids with the caption "Kevin Reynolds Gets back to Basics with the Killarney Skating Club! # CanSkate" (Which by the way my heart literally melted when I saw the picture and now I can't focus on my homework now) And I realized something: His injury must not be severe enough where he can't be on the ice. And the picture clearly shows he's on the ice so in a way, the picture is a relief!

LRK

Record Breaker
Well, hopefully his injury is rather minor, and perhaps mostly caused by the boot problem - hopefully we'll find out more soon. And the withdrawal was more a precautionary move - if he knew that whatever ailed him would cause him to skate badly - as at the Autumn Classic - there would be no point in toughing it out in the Grand Prix - and maybe aggravating the problem. Better to let it heal, so that he could be back at full strength at Nationals - and the spring season. Wishing Kevin the best. :)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Well, hopefully his injury is rather minor, and perhaps mostly caused by the boot problem - hopefully we'll find out more soon. And the withdrawal was more a precautionary move - if he knew that whatever ailed him would cause him to skate badly - as at the Autumn Classic - there would be no point in toughing it out in the Grand Prix - and maybe aggravating the problem. Better to let it heal, so that he could be back at full strength at Nationals - and the spring season. Wishing Kevin the best. :)

That's what I'm thinking. I'm fully blaming the boots for the injury until he says something different.

Exactly. He knows what's best for himself to make sure he doesn't get worse.

I think maybe the injury could be aggravated with jumps cause they have high-impact on the leg. But sometimes injuries can be severe enough that make the skater unable to be on the ice. But this is a good sign to see him on the ice.

That could very well explain why he didn't do too well at the Autumn Classic.

I'm wishing Kevin all the best possible too.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sorry but I got to rant here a bit:

I'm really sick and tired of all the criticism that EVERYONE is putting on Kevin. He doesn't deserve this.

He's amazing and that's that.

So WHAT if he has weaknesses! We ALL do!

What did Kevin do to make people criticize?! Boot problems REALLY can have an effect on skaters. If it's not tight around, it's not going to feel right and be right when doing jumps and all that stuff.

I'm still rooting for him to win nationals. No matter what. And for him to finally get redemption.

I'm trying to find every solution possible to find to see if I and others can find to solve his boot problems. I'm trying to take initiative.

He's weaker in other parts of figure skating. We all have strengths and weaknesses in different activities.

Like for me, I'm a cheerleader. I LOVE tumbling. But I don't stunt a lot and it's not my forte. I'm not as strong and have the best posture when stunting. So I do the easier stunts. But does that mean I'm not a complete cheerleader? NO! It does not. So no one should be saying that Kevin is not a complete skater. He is! He's just not that strong in the other components. Everyone can use some practice to improve.

These criticisms are making me mad. Because though they're towards him, they affect me too. I get more offended when people criticize people who I'm fans of or care about than if they criticize me directly.

Sorry about that. No more ranting (hopefully).

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
I went to look at the other thread, and well...I've read the exact same criticisms of several skaters I like, so I guess I've learned to grow a thick skin. I personally think it's not worth the energy to argue about - you can never change the mind of a hater. :) They always like to zero in on any weakness they can find and act as if it is the end-all be-all of what makes a good skater. Ok, so maybe Kevin doesn't have the best transitions. I say: so what? Patrick Chan may have great transitions & skating skills, but I find him about as interesting as watching paint dry. The artistry part is totally subjective. I don't agree with them that Kevin isn't musical, especially after watching some of his exhibition programs. He handles all kinds of music well...jazz, hard rock, folk music, electro-swing.

All that matters is that you enjoy his skating, and so do his other fans.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

Meoima

Match Penalty
Well, Kevin has his own style, artistry or not his fans love him. That's enough. Best wishes for Kevin!