Kevin Reynolds | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Kevin Reynolds

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I know I'm late to post, but Kevin's name is on the starting orders for nationals, which means he's competing at nationals.

Now that that worry is out of the way, let's see if the time off not competing in the GP Series led to better boots, injury recovery, and improvement in his programs.

He can do it! Nam may be tough, but Kevin can do very well if he's doing the best he can be!

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I know I'm late to post, but Kevin's name is on the starting orders for nationals, which means he's competing at nationals.

Now that that worry is out of the way, let's see if the time off not competing in the GP Series led to better boots, injury recovery, and improvement in his programs.

He can do it! Nam may be tough, but Kevin can do very well if he's doing the best he can be!

I'm happy for him! Good luck for the Nationals!

silverfoxes

Record Breaker
It will definitely be a challenge. We don't know what kind of condition he will be in, and his only competition this season didn't go so well...meanwhile, Nam has done a fair share of competing with pretty good results. But I'm rooting for Kevin.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It will definitely be a challenge. We don't know what kind of condition he will be in, and his only competition this season didn't go so well...meanwhile, Nam has done a fair share of competing with pretty good results. But I'm rooting for Kevin.

I have no idea either. That's the downside of him not having an instagram or twitter and RARELY posting on his Facebook (Which btw about 1 1/2 hours after the Men's SP of the Autumn Classic, he finally accepted my Facebook friend request): We don't know and won't know until people start seeing practice sessions and Nationals itself.

I like Nam as well, but I'm rooting for Kevin as well all the way.

I hope he surprises us. But I'm not going to count on that.

firal

Record Breaker
I am excited to see him perform regardless of what condition he's in. I should probably post this in the Canadian Nationals thread, but does anyone know if there will be live streaming? Since even practice sessions of Skate Canada had live streaming...;)

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am excited to see him perform regardless of what condition he's in. I should probably post this in the Canadian Nationals thread, but does anyone know if there will be live streaming? Since even practice sessions of Skate Canada had live streaming...;)

I wish there was. Especially one that I can watch in the states.

deedee1

Record Breaker
Good luck to Kevin at the upcoming Nats! :cheer: Sending positive vibes to him from Japan.

FS.Addict

Rinkside
Usually, there is a live streaming, but it only covers the novice/junior events. The senior events will be covered by CTV/TSN/RDS.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Usually, there is a live streaming, but it only covers the novice/junior events. The senior events will be covered by CTV/TSN/RDS.

Ugh. #TheStruggleOfBeingAnAmericanFanOfACanadianFigureSkater

Great. I wish I could upload those channels onto my TV.

Debrah

On the Ice
Go Kevin!

I am really hoping that Kevin will win the National title this year and will skate the way he did when he won 4CC and the OLY team event, or even better! My friend (who does not post in skating forums) and I both are huge fans of Kevin and we both think he is a musical and fun, exciting skater to watch, and we both love his hair and given we are both over 60, and have been skating fans since before Toller was even a wink in his dad's eye, that is saying something! Yes Kevin has some issues, but then even the best skater's in the world do too. Even the sublime, fabulous Chan, has things he has to work on and improve. Every skater on the planet has some issue to deal with and some area of their skating they can improve upon. On a good day, I think a healthy, prepared Kevin could still beat the world's best. Will we see that day who knows? We can only wait,hope and watch. We have been so sad for him due to all his boot and injury issues, and we are both hoping he can overcome all the problems and grab the title he really deserves, so often the 2nd banana, it is his turn to wear the crown at least once, before Chan returns, or Nam matures, and reaches his full potential. We will booth be there in person to cheer wildly for Kevin in Kingston. But If not Kevin, then we will root for the guy who does it on the day, likely a toss up tween Jeremy if he has both a quad and 3A and skates cleanly with confidence -as a good-bye gift, and thanks for the memories, or nod to young Nam for his future world potential, as a consistent skater, with good showmanship abilities, he has earned his bid for the tittle since his Golden JR world performance, and 2014 bronze GP medal. If any of these 3 fail to grab the crown, then the next contender's -- Rogozine or Balde or Firus could surprise, step up and play the spoiler. In any case a new men's champion will be crowned, and given my personal preferences I really hope it will be Kevin Reynolds, and my friend does too!!! I believe Kevin has a lot more fans than people think he does, since it is the detractor's that tend to make the most noise.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Go Kevin!

I am really hoping that Kevin will win the National title this year and will skate the way he did when he won 4CC and the OLY team event, or even better! My friend (who does not post in skating forums) and I both are huge fans of Kevin and we both think he is a musical and fun, exciting skater to watch, and we both love his hair and given we are both over 60, and have been skating fans since before Toller was even a wink in his dad's eye, that is saying something! Yes Kevin has some issues, but then even the best skater's in the world do too. Even the sublime, fabulous Chan, has things he has to work on and improve. Every skater on the planet has some issue to deal with and some area of their skating they can improve upon. On a good day, I think a healthy, prepared Kevin could still beat the world's best. Will we see that day who knows? We can only wait,hope and watch. We have been so sad for him due to all his boot and injury issues, and we are both hoping he can overcome all the problems and grab the title he really deserves, so often the 2nd banana, it is his turn to wear the crown at least once, before Chan returns, or Nam matures, and reaches his full potential. We will booth be there in person to cheer wildly for Kevin in Kingston. But If not Kevin, then we will root for the guy who does it on the day, likely a toss up tween Jeremy if he has both a quad and 3A and skates cleanly with confidence -as a good-bye gift, and thanks for the memories, or nod to young Nam for his future world potential, as a consistent skater, with good showmanship abilities, he has earned his bid for the tittle since his Golden JR world performance, and 2014 bronze GP medal. If any of these 3 fail to grab the crown, then the next contender's -- Rogozine or Balde or Firus could surprise, step up and play the spoiler. In any case a new men's champion will be crowned, and given my personal preferences I really hope it will be Kevin Reynolds, and my friend does too!!! I believe Kevin has a lot more fans than people think he does, since it is the detractor's that tend to make the most noise.

Aw that's such a sweet post! I think he's really creative with music choices as well! Kind of inspires me to think of unorthodox songs for skating as well (Though I'm not a skater).

His hair is fabulous! In fact my hair is wild like his in a way. Because mine is long and thick. Though I say his is more luscious.

I know! Everyone, no matter what sport or activity they do, can find things they can do to improve.

You're right! It's Kevin's time to shine and finally take the national title. Maybe he'll stay healthy enough to compete at the 2018 Olympics! Either way, I want to see him skate in person at least one time before he retires. It won't be easy though for me because I live in the USA. And I'm a full time college/university (Whatever you call it) student. And plus I'm not independent.

You are SO lucky you're going! When I found out the dates for nationals, I cried for 30-45 minutes. Because I saw I couldn't go. Then a month ago, I saw the dates where senior nationals were and they were on a Friday and Saturday. I got excited because this coming up semester, I don't have any classes on Fridays. But then I saw that on that Saturday, I have a double-header basketball game to cheer at (I'm a cheerleader at my college/university) and I was like, "Dang it!" So I hope if he makes 2016 Worlds and if I can go to it. Though it's too far ahead to think about. I'm yearning to go so badly.

Kevin so underrated in my opinion and he is NOT done yet on showing the world what he's capable of. Nope. The 2012-2013 season and parts of the 2013-2014 season were just the beginning.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh =__='' I hope he will be alright.

Actually I messaged Skate Canada on Facebook (Call me an uber weirdo if it would please you) cause their Facebook page had the option of messaging them, and I asked him if he was still competing at nationals. And about 27 minutes ago, I got a reply saying "Yes he is!" So as of now, 80% of my sanity has been saved. But I'm still nervous for that conference call thingy, which by the way I found out is not open to the public to listen, so important things from the interview will be posted on that twitter.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Actually I messaged Skate Canada on Facebook (Call me an uber weirdo if it would please you) cause their Facebook page had the option of messaging them, and I asked him if he was still competing at nationals. And about 27 minutes ago, I got a reply saying "Yes he is!" So as of now, 80% of my sanity has been saved. But I'm still nervous for that conference call thingy, which by the way I found out is not open to the public to listen, so important things from the interview will be posted on that twitter.

No reason to worry just because KR will be on a media call, IMO.
Media calls with top Canadian competitors are standard operating procedure before Nats.

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No reason to worry just because KR will be on a media call, IMO.
Media calls with top Canadian competitors are standard operating procedure before Nats.

Sorry, it's just the way that @SkateTSN worded out the tweet that made me nervous. I'm one of the party poopers that assumes the negative first because that's how I am. I do't want to be overly confident and positive to the point where I have a false positive thought and a delusion.

Becki

Medalist
I feel like I'm the updater here lol:

LOOK!

https://twitter.com/BevSmithWrites/status/556162181935665152

https://twitter.com/LynnRutherford/status/556162647956393984

GUYS!!!! LET'S HAVE A COLLECTIVE GROUP HUG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I FEEL A LOT BETTER AND SLIGHTLY MORE CONFIDENT NOW!!!!!!

And just saying, when I found out, I freaked out, and thrashed on the floor in excitement. Not ashamed to say that.

I am so relived.... :D :D :D I hope this is not a lie just to make us happy :'(

cheerknithanson

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so relived.... :D :D :D I hope this is not a lie just to make us happy :'(

Oh there's more tweets from those accounts. It was for a Skate Canada conference call. So I'm sure he wouldn't lie about it.

I really want to hug him now and tell him I'm THRILLED for him