2014 Golden Spin of Zagreb | Page 4 | Golden Skate

2014 Golden Spin of Zagreb

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
a bit annoying video because you can hear all the shots some photographer is taking...).
Ah... the camera shutter noise you hear in those videos, is from the same guy that made the videos!

He was basically a photographer with his camera on a giant tripod set up at the corner of the rink, front row. But he also had a camcorder attached to his camera so he could record video of everything, while he took his photos. Hence the noise in the video.

Yeah the shutter noise is annoying... it's always pretty inconsiderate of people, to use those noisy great DSLR clunkers, in amongst other paying members of the audience - with their huge lenses blocking the view or whacking people in the face, as well as the "machine gun" noise :p There are good reasons they are banned from many events/venues...!

But on the other hand, he graciously posted pretty much the entire competition on youtube - something to be very grateful for. And they're about the best videos available from that competition...

Anyway - back to Zagreb: GO KIIRA! It's been too long since we saw her graceful and elegant skating. I don't care about difficulty, placements or scores for her first competition after so long away - I just hope she can skate cleanly.

Last edited:

AnnaTheMusician

On the Ice
Ah... the camera shutter noise you hear in those videos, is from the same guy that made the videos!

He was basically a photographer with his camera on a giant tripod set up at the corner of the rink, front row. But he also had a camcorder attached to his camera so he could record video of everything, while he took his photos. Hence the noise in the video.

Oh! That's interesting! Thanks for clarifying :) Now I understand the noise.

Still no starting orders and results page even though the pairs competition is about to start in an hour. This is the competition I've waited for the whole autumn and they don't even have online results! :bang: :scowl:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Last edited:

patinage_adulte

On the Ice
Pairs Start Order :

group 1

1 Kristina ASTAKHOVA / Alexei ROGONOV RUS
2 Valentina MARCHEI / Ondrej HOTAREK ITA
3 Tarah KAYNE / Daniel O SHEA USA

group 2

4 Tatiana DANILOVA / Mikalai KAMIANCHUK BLR
5 Caitlin YANKOWSKAS / Hamish GAMAN GBR
6 Elizaveta USMANTSEVA / Roman TALAN UKR

group 3 (after ice resurfacing)

7 Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE BUL
8 Olga BESTANDIGOVA / Ilhan MANSIZ TUR
9 Alessandra CERNUSCHI / Filippo AMBROSINI ITA

thats all i have for the moment .... i'm not in Zagreb sadly ....

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Go! Kiira! I've not seen her competing quite for a while. I wish her best of luck.

carolruwer

Rinkside
according to twitter the pairs podium after the sp is

1. Astakhova/Rogonov RUS 56.58
2. Marchei/Hotarek ITA 55.18
3. Kayne/O'Shea USA 50.72
4. Yankowskas/Gaman GBR 49.10
5. Cernuschi/Ambrosini ITA 45.66
7. Makarova/Kenchadze BUL 36.26
8. Bestandigova/Mansiz TUR 29.84
there is no news still about 6th and 9th place even if the competition is over

Last edited:
Country
Russia
You probably mean she doesn't have 3Lz and 3T-3T!
As I understood the article, they wrote "no Luts and 3+3 combo".

I'm not sure that Kiira needs it. When she became land 3T+3T, she lost two seasons because of injuries.
May be it is better for her - to skate wtin not so complicated jumps than be injuried with more complicated.

Rashela

On the Ice
According to unofficial twitter Hurtado/Diaz scored 59.38 and Hubbell/Donohue 66.40 :cheer:

lmarie086

Medalist
According to unofficial twitter Hurtado/Diaz scored 59.38 and Hubbell/Donohue 66.40 :cheer:

That's great news for both teams!! So wish we could have video.

A 66.40 puts Hubbell/Donohue rather closer to the Shibs and Chock/Bates, correct? I know you can't really compare across competitions but that's good news for them if so.

Last edited:

Violetti

On the Ice
Here is more Kiira's thoughts in Finnish

http://www.stll.fi/?x2126=5241493

Her first international competition was here in Zagreb 15 years ago. She practices with Carlos Avila de Borba nearly 8 hours a day. She thinks her skating has changed. She knows now how to use her body better.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
That's great news for both teams!! So wish we could have video.

A 66.40 puts Hubbell/Donohue rather closer to the Shibs and Chock/Bates, correct? I know you can't really compare across competitions but that's good news for them if so.

It puts them above the Shibs' (65.38) by a point. The Shibs will have a chance to up that score at GPF.

Chock/Bates SB is near 69 points.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Sylvia is retweeting from a Twitter called Golden Spin@GoldenSpin:
GUIGNARD&FABBRI ITA
They really went for it! Greta performance.
66.40 1st place atm - A TIE in points with H&D from USA.

#GoldenSpin2014 SD 1-4 via @GoldenSpin:
Guignard/Fabbri 66.4 (higher TES),
Hubbell Donohue 66.4,
Hurtado/Diaz 59.38,
Nazarova/Nikitin 58.2

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
OH wow, that's a huge score for Guignard/Fabbri....I don't think they even have broken 60 previously. (Yep, previous PB was 58.17 at Europeans last year).

In any case, both scores count toward SB, so they bump the Shibs down to 5th for now (though again, they have a chance to beat that score at GPF).

I'd be interested to see the TES/PCS breakdown.

russell30

Final Flight
I have to say Kiira looks gorgeous in that photo, she has been surely missed! I put Kiira in the same league as Alissa and Carolina, their artistry is second to none!

Actually the Golden Spin is becoming the tournament for Comebacks! (Yu Na Kim & Carolina Kostner used this as a base too!)
hope its a good omen for Kiira.

Last edited:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
There have been rampant inflated scores across all competitions this season. Still, wish we could have seen these performances.

That is true. Probably the best way to compare is the TES, though that isn't perfect either. (i.e. lenient tech controllers, etc.)